RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunU O 2.0 RC1& RC2] The Complete Customizable Vendor

Phr3d13

Sorceror
Gives me this error

Errors:
+ Customs/[RC2] Rewards System.cs:
CS0115: Line 2344: 'MobileRewardVendor.OnBuyItems(Server.Mobile, System.Coll
ections.ArrayList)': no suitable method found to override

any suggestions please?
what version of runuo?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Of course it can, it comes with a non-xml version that you could use. But as seeing how the XML Spawner system is so much more then just the spawners, I believe all shard owners should have the system in. It truly can do way more then you could imagine. ;)

You can install the XML Spawner system and still run Nerun's distro. I converted all of the default RunUO spawns into xml spawns with the built in commands, so I don't have any Premium Spawners anywhere on the map (although they are still installed on the shard, just never used.) I just think the xml spawners are so more feature packed, and allow you to control...any aspect of spawning something. You could create a custom mob, give it a custom item to drop, make it part of a quest, ect. All with just one of these spawners. Or just spawn a dog in town, lol. The point is, it's just a spawner. XML Spawner is a pretty robust system, that supports way more then just spawners. It supports xml attachments, which is what this package uses if you get the xml version of it.

It lets the Custom Vendors take points from xml attachments such as the pvp one. So you could sell items for pvp points. Or any other property from an xml attachment, which allow you to do tons without making distro edits to rather large files like playermobile or basecreature.

Even if you grab the non xml version of this, I still suggest you research the XML Spawner system a little more before deciding not to use it. =P

sec_goat

Squire
James, Can you point me in the direction of an XML spawner that works with RunUO 2.1? So far all I have found is scripts that do not quiet work well with 2.1. From what I hear I would love to give XMLSpawner a chance.

Thanks!

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I suggest trying to install it on your 2.1 build and post any errors/issues you get somewhere on the forums here. I have yet to try 2.1 so I have no idea what does and doesn't work. I have an idea of what has changed and could possibly break some packages, but they can still be fixed to work on the new 2.1.

Iraq-

Sorceror
Can this system be used to sell mobiles, or shrunken pets somehow? I've tried both and they haven't work.

sec_goat

Squire
I suggest trying to install it on your 2.1 build and post any errors/issues you get somewhere on the forums here. I have yet to try 2.1 so I have no idea what does and doesn't work. I have an idea of what has changed and could possibly break some packages, but they can still be fixed to work on the new 2.1.

I will try that. As a novice coder I have had some luck getting script packages to work with 2.1. I will take a look today and If I get stumped post in script suport. Thanks again.

sec_goat

Squire
krazeykow, do you care if i post a version fixed for the latest svn?

Edit: It's been a couple of days, here it is, Complete Customizable Vendor xml version for svn

I have used this version of the vendor and it seems to work for me, it compiles with no errors. However when I add an item and then go back to buy it is says something like gold : 20 or Ingot : 20 which is not the name of the ingot nor the amount of ingot nor the price.
And when I buy something it freezes, if I log out and back in it appears as if the transaction has completed however. Any ideas?

Phr3d13

Sorceror
I have used this version of the vendor and it seems to work for me, it compiles with no errors. However when I add an item and then go back to buy it is says something like gold : 20 or Ingot : 20 which is not the name of the ingot nor the amount of ingot nor the price.
And when I buy something it freezes, if I log out and back in it appears as if the transaction has completed however. Any ideas?
ok, i'll try to reproduce on my test shard and see what i can find out

Phr3d13

Sorceror
sec_goat can you take a screenshot of what is happening and let me know what build of runuo you are using and what client version

sec_goat

Squire
sec_goat can you take a screenshot of what is happening and let me know what build of runuo you are using and what client version
of course!
here we go:
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4031.28390

So i have added a few random things to this vendor.

A stack of 10 Gold, and a stack of 2 valorite ingots. You can see below where it reads Ingots : 20

Now when I go to buy and I click ok, it signs my name and the buy screen never goes away. I can take a couple of steps after wards but then i can no longer move, or use admin commands etc. Interestingly the one thing that I can use is the Journal and Map. .

freeze.JPG

Phr3d13

Sorceror
ok, i used the svn version of the vendor, runuo 2.1 r605, and xmlspawner from runuomondains rev 129 (fresh test server)(running off of files from client ver 7.0.8.1). I made the owner acct, placed a vendor, added a spell scroll, made a player acct, bought the spell scroll no problems. If you could let me know what version of everything you are running ( if you could link me to the runuo build you DL'ed that would be very helpful) i can compare what i have to what you have and see what's different. (and if you're still using the sa project let me know what rev you're at).

EDIT: just tried with the latest sa-project svn, client ver 7.0.8.1. and the svn reward vendor and still had no problems, i don't get it, it must be a client version problem

sec_goat

Squire
ok, i used the svn version of the vendor, runuo 2.1 r605, and xmlspawner from runuomondains rev 129 (fresh test server)(running off of files from client ver 7.0.8.1). I made the owner acct, placed a vendor, added a spell scroll, made a player acct, bought the spell scroll no problems. If you could let me know what version of everything you are running ( if you could link me to the runuo build you DL'ed that would be very helpful) i can compare what i have to what you have and see what's different. (and if you're still using the sa project let me know what rev you're at).

EDIT: just tried with the latest sa-project svn, client ver 7.0.8.1. and the svn reward vendor and still had no problems, i don't get it, it must be a client version problem

I seem to have left out some important details! sorry. Using Client 7.0.10.3 and I am using the core downloaded from here: http://code.google.com/p/sa-project/downloads/list
I guess it says SVN 663.
I have added a few other script packages as well, which could be my problem I guess. The two big ones are Vhaerun's CRL Homestead, and one called Yak's Resources.

EDIT: ok big edit here! The vendor freezes my client if I use the traditional buy gump, but using the jewelreward gump works just fine, which is good enough for me!

UO_Talon

Sorceror
I'm having the same problem as sec_goat. Also on my shard the book of spellcraft says "book of arms at".

I have no idea why?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Have you did the update that is needed for the client flags? Believe the fix was posted here on this thread somewhere. In the newer versions of RunUO, the way it handles client flags has changed. So the traditional gump won't work without the fix.

applepie

Sorceror
i tried that version sec ill post my error im missing xml spawner 2 but i cant find a version to work with runuo 2.1

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 3995.28114
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Custom/[SVN] Rewards System.cs:
    CS0234: Line 15: The type or namespace name 'XmlSpawner2' does not exist in
the namespace 'Server.Engines' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Eh, he didn't post a non-xml version of it. Just look at the post, 2 above the one I linked to. He explains the needed edits to the script to do these fixes. So you can do it to your non-xml version. Or you can download both, and merge the changes into your non-xml one.

applepie

Sorceror
ok with out using the svn version using the regular i have this error

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 3995.28114
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Custom/[RC2] Rewards System.cs:
    CS0115: Line 2344: 'MobileRewardVendor.OnBuyItems(Server.Mobile, System.Coll
ections.ArrayList)': no suitable method found to override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.