RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunU O 2.0 RC1& RC2] The Complete Customizable Vendor

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
You should merge these two files together, as one has the fixes for the error you just posted. A lot of old scripts will throw this error if you try to use them in a newer version of RunUO as it has been changed to use Lists instead of Array's.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
WinMerge can merge files, or you can use Notepad++ and open a file in two separate panels and compare the differences, and merge just the little parts you want. If you use something like WinMerge, I suggest you be very careful. As most people tend to merge parts of code that they shouldn't if they aren't really sure of what they're doing.

The reason why I'm simply telling you how to do these changes, instead of opening up the file myself and doing the changes and just giving them to you. Is because these errors are pretty common when using old scripts with newer versions of RunUO. So I believe it would be best that you learn how to fix minor errors like this on your own so you won't have any similar issues later on with any other scripts. Learning something new on your own tends to stick with you, versus getting hand outs. =P

applepie

Sorceror
i cant figure out what to do with

Code:
 }
    //response to ClassicVendorGump - (must be inside BaseVendor)
    public override bool OnBuyItems(Mobile buyer, ArrayList list)
    {
does this mean i need to add this line in my base vendor?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
i cant figure out what to do with

Code:
 }
    //response to ClassicVendorGump - (must be inside BaseVendor)
    public override bool OnBuyItems(Mobile buyer, ArrayList list)
    {
does this mean i need to add this line in my base vendor?

Replace it with this.

Code:
public override bool OnBuyItems(Mobile buyer, List<BuyItemResponse> list)

applepie

Sorceror
ok i added the one you just put up and now my error is

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 3995.28114
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Custom/[SVN] Rewards System-no xml.cs:
    CS0246: Line 2109: The type or namespace name 'list' could not be found (are
 you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...

UO_Talon

Sorceror
I've tried all the fixes posted, and I'm still having the same issue with the client freezing when using the classic gump.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Something like that would be a pretty complex edit. Plus there are lots of questions and variables if you were to setup a system like you speak of. Should the price also fluxuate if someone were to say sell 2,000 of the items to the vendor? If not, the the economy system will quickly become screwed up for your entire shard. Some of the items that most shards sell on a vendor stone like this system, can usually be easily crafted. Meaning that players that were willing to sit and do the work, could quickly become rich by macro crafting a bunch of items and selling them back.

I think to keep the focus on the economy, once something enters the economy (either from resource gathering, crafting, buying, ect.) That it should then remain on the player market, meaning they should either trade with a player, sell it on a vendor, or put it in an auction. This allows prices to easily raise and lower as some items become the next big thing. With a set in place system, it would be harder to control the economy of your shard. Which usually makes or breaks a shard. No one likes a shard where you have to rely on guild hand outs, or events for anything decent. And no one likes a shard where you can quickly macro and become filthy rich. It's almost a fine art finding the perfect balance between the two.

Don't get me wrong, something like this could be done. I just think that if someone was going to take the time to do so, they should think it all the way through first. So they could also deal with problems like I mentioned, that would most likely show up later. So yes...if you're up for the challenge, you could do what you want. Just keep in mind that it won't be easy if you hope to make it cheat-proof and idiot-proof, also so it doesn't mess up your shards economy really bad.

Iraq-

Sorceror
I just know they like to call it the "Complete" and well ......... :p

Nah but you're right. If i had a sell back feature on my vendors I would want to also be able to specify the % price at which to buy back the items. Like sell for 100k, buy back for 85% or less.