RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunU O 2.0 RC1& RC2] The Complete Customizable Vendor

Galdar

Sorceror
Thanks ....

Posting a couple thoughts and ideas after playin with this for a cpl hrs. Thanks again for this great script.

1. Show on the menu how many of each item the vender has sold and/or received.

2. Vender speaks back to player upon completion of a transaction a customizable response.

3. Turn off the venders original NPC function. Mine come in as all banker's (ty for the solution in IM)

4. Can these be made to be player venders too, with the same full custom controls ? Storing received items and releasing to owner upon request?

ClanCC

Wanderer
Galdar;772162 said:
3. Turn off the venders original NPC function. Mine come in as all banker's (ty for the solution in IM)

No, I think the banker NPC functions should stay, so they can get their stuff from bank easily, if you want to remove the vender's original NPC function, you should probably only remove the Buy/Sell functions, or add a function into the NPC that allows the GM or higher can change the functions off or on.

Galdar

Sorceror
Well, An option to turn it off or let it go may be the better option. Some RP shards;mine included, IMHO, wouldn't like 100+ bankers all standing around in every corner of the map.

After talking with KK last night, Thankfully thats exactly what hes gonna do :D

datguy

Sorceror
Not sure what this is about, Running svn 187

Code:
Errors:
 + Custom/Rewards System.cs:
    CS0117: Line 1856: 'Server.Network.NetState' does not contain a definition f
or 'IsPost6017'
    CS0246: Line 1857: The type or namespace name 'ContainerContent6017' could n
ot be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS1502: Line 1857: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobile.Send(
Server.Network.Packet)' has some invalid arguments
    CS1503: Line 1857: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'ContainerContent6017'
to 'Server.Network.Packet'
    CS0117: Line 2063: 'Server.Network.NetState' does not contain a definition f
or 'IsPost6017'
    CS0246: Line 2064: The type or namespace name 'VendorBuyContent6017' could n
ot be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS1502: Line 2064: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobile.Send(
Server.Network.Packet)' has some invalid arguments
    CS1503: Line 2064: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'VendorBuyContent6017'
to 'Server.Network.Packet'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

krazeykow

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech;774956 said:
im having some issue's....is this supposed to retain hue when adding items?

Yes, I might see the container being an issue, but I didn't change the core clone system in the last update, could you give me some specifics of what's happening?

@datguy: try downloading the 1.0 RUO Version? If not, I'm sure it's just a compatibility issue, I'll look more into it.

@everyone else, thanks for the feedback - please feel free to post a simple thanks or suggestion, I put a lot of work into this system.

Galdar

Sorceror
I'm having an issue also...

I used A silver coin to make a custom "Civic Duty Token". The menu system in the venders still shows the item as silver, even tho the item appears in players back-packs named as the token.

Is this an item index issue?

krazeykow

Sorceror
@galdar - The payment method cannot be an item created in game, this is due to the fact that the payment method is recognized by an item's type (it's in the documentation under help). You'd have to make the payment via script.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
2 things....

1) on my container, it is a scripted bag, that i changed the color of in game....it held the color of the script so...

2) well on the payment method. I have tokens that i have scripted and custom hued that use gold/silver for their itemID. When it shows up in the menu, it just looks like one piece of it and it is default hue (not the custom one from the script).....so what Galdar said is kinda problematic....what you told him to do is what I'm already doing and it doesn't like to work properly in the menu.

I know things like the auction system had problems showing hue in the menu...so maybe this is the problem?

great system....looking forward to updates and fixes! :)

Hawkins

Sorceror
Awesome script! Thanks.

But I have two questions;

1) I saw that there is a 'stonerewardvendor' can be added and it says that 'do not remove' it. So does it have a special use or purpose?

2) better to allow the vendors to sell PowerScrolls and similar items such as levelupscrolls for Levelable weapons. (Or do I miss the point that PS can be sold in bags?!)

krazeykow

Sorceror
College Winter Break

So, I'm about to have a lot of time on my hand to make some fixes to this script... I notice there are some display problems with some of the custom coinage; however, I haven't heard reports of serious bugs .I've tested this extensively. Could some of those who have downloaded this script tell me what's been giving you problems?

I currently have this:

1) Payment display on coins only shows one coin.
2) Problem showing name of coin

Suggestions to fix #2:

- Change the name of the coin to 'Token' in script.

nadious

Sorceror
Vorspire;771645 said:
Looks like you just need to change every instance of "Reward" to "RewardX" or somjething besides "Reward", because it is causing Type-Cast conflictions in the server. You already have a class called "Reward" - that is why it is conflicing :D]

I've attempted to do this, but I'm not having much luck. Is there anyway that this script could be changed to not use 'Reward' as default? I'm using SVN 301 with the ML package (brand new install) and I suspect if others are using the same setup as I have been using, they will run into the same exact problem.

I'd really like to use this script, it's just what I've been looking for.

Hawkins

Sorceror
nadious;784196 said:
I've attempted to do this, but I'm not having much luck. Is there anyway that this script could be changed to not use 'Reward' as default? I'm using SVN 301 with the ML package (brand new install) and I suspect if others are using the same setup as I have been using, they will run into the same exact problem.

I'd really like to use this script, it's just what I've been looking for.

I will be pleased to give you my version of the script, I change teh class name to MyReward. I attached teh copy of script.

Since i attach this in prior to the permission of krazeykow, please delete it (or whatever action deemed proper) if I offended any copy right or credit issues. I am just trying to help, so forgive me if so. :D

Credits and copy right,
krazeykow

Attachments

• [RC2] Rewards System.cs
    80.6 KB · Views: 127

nadious

Sorceror
Thank you so much, Hawkins! That worked like a charm.

Edit: I would also like to add that this is, by far, one of the coolest scripts I've come across in a long time!!!!

krazeykow

Sorceror
Hah, I don't mind the edit at all, thanks for putting in the time to help. :)

But, as far as the improvement on this script goes, I really need some input to what needs to be improved... or if there are any bugs (Which I am not aware of).

I haven't gotten that much feed back.. only of which was about the display of the payment by customized coin (i.e. tokens).. which I've been working on.