RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunU O 2.0 RC1& RC2] The Complete Customizable Vendor

nadious

Sorceror
If he's not there, it compiles just fine. If I add a vendor and try to reboot the shard, I get that error about the currency. If I choose 'yes' and restart the compile again, it will start up and when I log in, the vendor is there. I think it is happening anytime I try to add an item to the vendor and reboot the shard.

Murzin

Knight
its a descrepency in your serialize/deserialize method...

try { string propName = reader.ReadString(); if (propName.Equals("")) { m_PropertyInfo = null; } else { m_PropertyInfo = m_Type.GetProperty(propName); } }
catch { }

it looks like the entire deserialize needs to be re-written...

the variable names do not appear to match the ones being serialized or the ones specified in the currency class

re-write the deserialize to match the serialize and it will fix the problems...

nadious

Sorceror
I got it working, Murzin.

I just deleted what I had, downloaded a fresh version of it from here, and replaced all the instances of 'Reward' with 'CustomReward' and it is working just fine. Something must have gone crazy in my merge efforts before.

Just wanted to say thankyou krazykow for the script it is awesome and thankyou Hawkins for the update for SVN it loaded up perfect for me

krazeykow

Sorceror
IF anyone has a working SVN version of the latest update, feel free to post it. I'm not sure what kind of editing has to be done.

I'll include your name in the thanks section. :)

krazeykow

Sorceror
Maestro7;818847 said:
Post 38 by Hawkins has a download for svn. I downloaded it today and works great for me.

Ahh, well it's of the version before the minor fix to payment display. I really need to adopt some sort of version numbering for my scripts, haha.

\EDIT: Also, I see a lot of 'stone vendor' scripts. Would including a stone version make this script more appealing?

redsnow

Sorceror
krazeykow;818849 said:
Ahh, well it's of the version before the minor fix to payment display. I really need to adopt some sort of version numbering for my scripts, haha.

\EDIT: Also, I see a lot of 'stone vendor' scripts. Would including a stone version make this script more appealing?

Really enjoy this script, thanks for sharing it with the community.

I think a Stone version would be a really nice, I think i would use them both at the same time.

Thanks again

Red

krazeykow

Sorceror
Update 11/20/09 - Yet another update due to community suggestions!!

Stone Vendor now included. I really like the direction this system is going. Suggestions have improved it dramatically. If you see something that this script doesn't have that you want -- suggest it!!

On a further note, I honestly feel as though a lot of people don't know the full capabilities of this system. I condensed the finer points of the system to hopefully increase its appeal.

nadious

Sorceror
I like to say that i LOVE this system. I would like to see a way that you could setup to where you could have an unlimited supply of an item that you can buy in bulk. I use your system as 'resource traders', vendors that trade things... such as: wood for ingots, ingots for cloth, etc. I have to do them in groups right now, but if there a way to post an item on a vendor and set a price, and the items don't run out.

So, if someone wanted to buy 100 boards for 500 ingots, they could select a range in between for the amount that they want to buy.

krazeykow

Sorceror
nadious;819438 said:
I like to say that i LOVE this system. I would like to see a way that you could setup to where you could have an unlimited supply of an item that you can buy in bulk. I use your system as 'resource traders', vendors that trade things... such as: wood for ingots, ingots for cloth, etc. I have to do them in groups right now, but if there a way to post an item on a vendor and set a price, and the items don't run out.

So, if someone wanted to buy 100 boards for 500 ingots, they could select a range in between for the amount that they want to buy.

If you set the mobile vendor to the classic menu, the player should be able to buy a variable amount up to 50 but I do see where you're coming from as far as selecting buy amount. I'll consider this in the next release xD.

Like I said, I love hearing feedback and suggestions that allows me to make updates like this.

Again-- Minor update 11/21/09-- stone vendor version added.

beebee

Sorceror
hi

Just thought i would say love the script excellant job.....I have one question for the mobile vendor can you add horses to the vendor mobile if you can how would i do it...if you can't dang that sux....? but once again great job on the script.

krazeykow

Sorceror
beebee;819963 said:
Just thought i would say love the script excellant job.....I have one question for the mobile vendor can you add horses to the vendor mobile if you can how would i do it...if you can't dang that sux....? but once again great job on the script.

.. I can't believe you're the first one to bring this up. In principal, this feature would be extremely easy to implement. Give me a couple of days and I should be able to have a release implementing it.

It's becoming to where the majority of the features are community suggestions, I absolutely love this type of development cycle.

krazeykow

Sorceror
XML Points BETA

So I did a quick edit and based on his methods, this should work.

Simply check set by property and enter the name xmlpoints.

Bingo.

targetofhate

Wanderer
krazeykow;821060 said:
So I did a quick edit and based on his methods, this should work.

Simply check set by property and enter the name xmlpoints.

Bingo.

It seems to still just use gold rather then points, when i type in xmlpoints and click [props so that its checked i go back into it and it looks as if it was cleared and goes back to gold.

I'm assuming thats what you meant by check set by property?

do i just check the [props of Item/Player and in the textfield type xmlpoints? or [props xmlpoints? or ?