RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Final Re-Pack

seanandre

Sorceror
Then maybe it had something to do with the client version I was using. We've recently downgraded to Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy client version 6.0.0.0, I'll put it back in and see what happens.

EDIT:

I stand corrected. I guess it was something to do with the client version. You would think removing code that is required in order for the game to perform the way it is supposed to would cause the server to crash or something. I don't get it.

Also, it looks like we won't be adding Nerun's Distro v5.20 to the repack any time soon, because it's going to require re-editing several distro files that have already been edited many times due to all the systems we're running together in this repack. I figured all I would have to do is just throw the scripts and data folders in like it says to do, but when I restarted the test server Daat99 OWLTR started giving errors with Mule.cs. Who knows how many errors it will give after that, that's as far as I got with it.

Sean

TOLLLAND

Squire
sorry to be a complete newbie to this server thingy lol but i am and i cnt help it :D but i was wondering if someonen could email me at [email protected] i need toknw exactly how to edit the data patcch file and the serverlist and all that i cnt figure it out keeps telling me LINE EXPECTED i dnt knw how to check who replied to my posts so please jus email me so its easy :D i have found a lot of help in setting the server up offline and all that but im ready to take it online and let peeps try me out im new at all of it but at least i wanna try RIGHT? thx peeps

Fixxxer

Sorceror
If you search the forums here a bit you will find everything you are looking for and if you don't then a quick post about it will provide alot of help. I read the forums for about 9 months before I even tried to start my own server, so take some time and read through here and it will help you out alot.

I just wanted to say good job on getting this up and running, I know some others have tried before but were not very sucessful with it, partly because of their agenda. Anyways it is good to see some good people trying to help everyone out on the forums.

Soteric

Knight
seanandre, that's a good job no doubt. Thank you. But could you answer what was the reason of creating owner account? The password can be changed only via editing accounts.xml file that is not too obvious for users. I think it's much more easy to create admin account on start rather than edit it later.

ADDED: Sorry, I was pointed to admin gump and realized that it's possible to change the password via interface. Haven't run the server for a very long time, my bad :)

Keep up the good work ;)

deides

Traveler
nerun;849862 said:
My Distro is for RunUO 2.0 Final, not RC1. The thread named [RunUO 2.0 RC1] Nerun's Distro is bugged, i can not update the name. Is if for 2.0 Final since v5.1.6, as you can read here:

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/71870-runuo-2-0-rc1-neruns-distro.html

There are 2 versions: one for RunUO 2.0 Final and other for SVN 524.

I figured as much. I tried combining this release with your release for final, and after 5 hours, and no end to errors, I gave up. A shame, really!

seanandre

Sorceror
The first post in ths thread has been updated! A new more prettier look has been added to make it stand out more, the Re-Pack download has been moved to a new faster, and more perminent server for everyone's convenience, And there have been more changes and updates to the Re-Pack.

Sean

Updates:
09-14-2010
It is suggested not to use anything over client Patch v6.0.0.0 because anything over that it will start giving the "TID: Provided Token Out Of Range" thing.

Cleared all facets and used "Create World" gump to put all the doors, signs and world decoration back in. It occured to us that most of the teleporters were being spawned underground instead of where they were supposed to be put, because when we originally created this re-pack it was running off of client patch v7.0.4.2. We also re-spawned the entire world in order to compensate for the bad spawn warnings upon server startup.

:confused:
I misunderstand witch client version I should use?

seanandre

Sorceror
When you edit "DATAPATH.CS" with the folder your Ultima Online installation is in, you'll want to make sure that Ultima Online installation is patched up only to v6.0.0.0, otherwise you may get errors with certain scripts. If you aren't using client patch 6.0.0.0 it is suggested that you uninstall/re-install Ultima Online and patch it up to 6.0.0.0. Anything overt hat version may give uinwanted errors. We were trying use client v5.0.9.1, but it appears RAZOR gives errors when attempting to start Ultima Online. We wanted to 5.0.9.1 because it allows you to use the 3D client which WE REALLY LOVE, but since RAZOR doesn't appear to support it, we're stuck with 6.0.0.0.

I have also updated the first post with a known issue we just found with the FS Animal Taming System, probably due to a bad cliloc version, who knows.

Sean

seanandre

Sorceror
!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!

The first post in this thread has been updated with a new addition to the Re-Pack. See the first post for more information.

Sean

Hilmio

Sorceror
additions

Hi Sean,

Thanks for this package, I'm slowly moving my other scripts to this package and one thing I got so used to and thought others might like is ArteGordans XmlSpawner2 system, the new spawners are so versatile and I have written several small quests for my shard using his XML Quest system, my crown of glory is the bridge in his examples.

Keep the good work up

WeaselOne

Sorceror
it seems the gargoyles knife is spawning the leatherelements yes but they seem that their not showing as bodies or i mean body form an when i do spawn them normal they dont drop runics ect when i'm Admin mode can u check it an reply to this or i need to do some editing to fix it

Shruikan

Wanderer
Hey guy´s.
I´ve download the new version.
But if I unpack the .rar it told me about 2 errors and all what i can do is to stop the unpack.
Am I the only one who have this problem?

PS: Sry about the bad english

seanandre

Sorceror
I have re-uploaded the file. That's odd, it shouldn't be doing that. I would re-download it again and try it again. It's possible that your internet connection had a hickup during the download process. That happens to me sometimes. Internet Explorer will download files and then just quickly finish before they're supposed to, like it just gives up or something, making me think the file is done, but when I go to uncompress it, it tells me that it's got CRC errors. Usually re-downloading it and trying to uncompress it again works.

If this doesn't work, make sure you have the latest version of WinRAR installed. It's possible that older versions may not support the newest compression methods used in the latest versions.

Sean

Admin Flames

Wanderer
This is fantastic, great pack for new runuo servers my only query is the custom stuff, are they craftable,lootable items? and are the rainbow mounts spawned ect?

i.e. can the evolution weps be found on monsters ect..

seanandre

Sorceror
On the server we use with or kids which uses this Re-Pack we sell the custom stuff on Vendor Stones and our players have to buy them with tokens. A word of advice though: Edit the rainbow mounts and bring their damagd and hits down halfway, because they are REALLY powerful. They can take even the hardest monster down in 1 hit, and it's too uber for regular servers. Our oldest son demonstrated this when he used 2 of them to kill everything in a champion spawn in minutes.

WeasleOne, your problem may be due to the client patch version you are using on your server. We designed this re-pack to run client patch version 6.0.0.0 or later. Anything earlier than that may not provide the proper graphics for the leather elementals. I just tried it on our 6.0.0.0 server and it works fine.

Sean

WeaselOne

Sorceror
I tried what u asked about the client ver. but it still doesn't work for me even tried 1 patch at a time when done installing patchs , I got the client straight from Osi server would that make a differance i cant find my orgin. ML client is the only client i can find unless u can send me a link for a client to use i'm lost about this problem i'm having

Narlox

Wanderer
is there a way the evolution weapons can be put on monster loot obviously the harder the monster the more chance of finding an evolution weapon?

i.e

1 in 10,000 skeletons will drop an evo weapon
1 - 10 of the hardest monsters will drop an evo weapon?

Narlox

Wanderer
WeaselOne;852028 said:
I tried what u asked about the client ver. but it still doesn't work for me even tried 1 patch at a time when done installing patchs , I got the client straight from Osi server would that make a differance i cant find my orgin. ML client is the only client i can find unless u can send me a link for a client to use i'm lost about this problem i'm having

try installing the stygian abyss classic game. thats what i did and it works great (do not patch the game though)

elgato16

Wanderer
Many thanks for this :D Just 2 questions..

Why do my npcs and mobs fall through the floor? ( you can see their names, then you realize they are under the floor level)
How do I fix the NPCs being able to walk through the wall too?