RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Final Re-Pack

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Well, Playermobile is the primary dilemma for me. Taking a glance at it via WinMerge, shows a TON of code that one has but not the other, and vice versa. Not to mention, virtually every region marker in the FSATS version, is unaccounted for in mine.

I've uploaded both - PlayerMobileSVN.cs is mine, while PlayerMobileFSATS.cs is, well.. the FSATS version, obviously.

Would you mind taking a glance at those, and tell me where these "couple edits" are hiding? Because to be honest, the differences (and not just the new ArrayList) are vast. :confused:

Attachments

• PlayerMobileSVN.cs
    172.4 KB · Views: 3
  • PlayerMobileFSATS.cs
    98.7 KB · Views: 3

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
<Edited>

I completely goofed on that last help request. Can you tell I've been staring at the screen too long?

Mixed up AnimalTrainer with AnimalBreeder.

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Everything seemed to go in smoothly. Had to edit a second HitchingPost that was included with the SVN by the Orb team (belongs to a "Fire Rabbit" script); but other than that, it went smooth. I'll be testing all features to ensure they work properly.

Have you run into any hiccups with breeding, or bio-engineering at all? Those are my two primary concerns.

Thanks for all of your help thus far! :D

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Out of curiosity, did you make any adjustments to the de/serialization in the PlayerMobile you posted? Since adding the updated copy, I now have the following error:

Code:
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
    - Type: Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile
    - Serial: 0x00000001
Delete the object? (y/n)

Had a similar error with PricedHealer before, but needed an adjustment in PlayerMobile, from

Code:
writer.Write((int)32); // version

to this:

Code:
writer.Write((int)34); // version

And it worked perfectly fine afterward; I double-checked, and you didn't change 34 to anything else, so now I'm a bit befuddled.

You can check out my thread for this error if you'd like. World Load Error - PricedHealer

Thanks!

mvtowns

Sorceror
I took your 2 files and merged them is all. I just looked it over. The edits i made had nothing to do with the serialization.

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Figured as much, that's why I'm completely baffled. I know I haven't made any adjustments (I drag n' dropped your copy), and really, the only difference between your updated version and mine, aside from the addition of the FS:ATS snippets, was the flip-flopping of the region for Gauntlet Points.

seanandre

Sorceror
I have tried to throw in Nerun's latest distro scripts, but have been having a lot of problems with it. I don't think it's possible. But we're still looking into it.

It's been almost a year now since this Re-Pack was last updated. Sorry for it being so long. Been real busy with real life stuff. I've been here helping with support questions as best I can. So far there have been no more bug reports to this date, with the exception of things really messing up because of the requirement to use Client Patch 6.0.0.0, but there's nothing we can do about that. That client version just seems to be the only stable version we could find before they started messing with the maps and screwing around with things, making life generally chaotic for the experts, myself included.

I think now is the time to start asking people for suggestions, and other things they might like added to this Re-Pack. Just remember though, we're good, but we're not total geniouses, so if you make a suggestion and it doesn't get added to the Re-Pack, it is most likely because it was impossible for us to get it to work without too many headaches. Rest assured though, we will really try.

So let's bring on the suggestions.

Sean & Leeanne

derantum

Sorceror
i would love to have those Bio Engineers we had on Vetus Mundus server... was some player looking pets thats use Bandages on thair own and cast a little you were able to eqip those guys by yourself!

seanandre

Sorceror
Okay guys, when I said we were looking for suggestions to add to this Re-Pack, I meant "Within Reason", not "Way Far Fetched". Mondain's Legacy? I was under the impression that RunUO 2.0 was already fully compatible with Mondain's Legacy and was fully scripted for it, cause I know 1.0 was only half scripted for it and most of the things didn't work. But maybe I haven't been playing much, or I got blinders on to the world here, if it's not fully Mondain's Legacy already, then I don't know what is. What's missing then? That's what I'd like to know. And SA? I would only imagine that means (Stygian Abyss). From what I understand, the only version of RunUO I've been able to work with even CLOSE to SA are the latest SVN versions, and I'm sorry, but I'm good... But I ain't a GENIOUS. Those people who work on those, I give them a TON of credit, they must not have personal lives, cause that stuff takes WORK. Frankly, I'm surprised I actually got this Re-Pack to work at all. It was a real PAIN as it is. Of course it doesn't help that I'm the only one in the RunUO community working on this thing, and I've probably put a lot of crap in it that nobody wants or would ever use. Really we started it out just throwing the main systems together that nobody else could seem to get to work together. Then we added stuff along the way. I've seen the scripts for Mondain's Legacy and Stygian Abyss. In order to get those to work, we would have to scrap this project and switch over completely to SVN, and we're not willing to do that, sorry. Apart from the fact that that would require a total reworking of the project, like I said, we're good, but we're not geniouses here.

Sean & Leeanne

tiakara

Wanderer
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else having issues when they try logging in with the Re-Pak? What I did was set the Re-Pak in a whole separate folder, changed the ServerList.cs to my IP like how I had set with my other runuo folder but when I log in to the world I MIGHT be able to move 2 or 3 steps and then the client crashes. Is it because my client version is too high? (7.0.23 or 25) I keep seeing in this forum the client version 6.0.0.0. Should I revert it back to that?

seanandre

Sorceror
The Re-Pack is designed for client version 6.0.0.0. If anyone uses anything other than that, you do so at your own risk. I use 6.0.0.0, and although there are still problems with MegaCliloc errors with certain items, which as far as I'm concerned, means that an item name or description is out of range, everything else is working just fine. I get no crashing or anything.

Sean

tiakara

Wanderer
Yeah it works well for me at 6.0.0.0 and I also tested version 7.0.5 (just happened to have that client) and I will try version 7.0.14 soon too more out of curiosity then anything :>