RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Final Re-Pack

jayates

Sorceror
That's what I did too. Tested different clients just out of curiosity. I just stayed at 7.0.8.0 since it work fine. If you go above 7.0.9.0 your character will freeze upon login:)

seanandre

Sorceror
Just make sure you guys know that the whole reason we designed this Re-Pack for Client Version 6.0.0.0 was because anything higher and any time you walked by somebody who was puting something on the ground, or organizing items in their pack or any kind of container that was on the ground, you would constantly get crashed off. It's weird, but that's what happens. If you don't mind the crashing, by all means, use whatever client you want. But if you have problems with those clients, I cannot help you, I only support the systems within this Re-Pack, and the client patch which I desigend it for.

By the way, I have released a NEW patch in the first post of this thread. You are welcome to download and try it out if you like. Basically what I did was make a direct copy of the entire scripts folder on our production server (since we use this Re-Pack as a base and have added stuff of our own), which makes it so there have now been a lot of changes. The list of scripts in the first post that have been added to the system has been updated with everything that has been added and changed.

It is advised to overwrite your scripts folder with everything in this new patch, as I have also made some edits to the Xanthos Spell Crafting system. I finally figured out how to make it so that you can now add Self Repair to Weapons as well as Armor, Shields, and Helmets. So I made the edit and included it in the patch. Those of you who have made your own changes to the Re-Pack that are not supported here, you may have to use a merging program to merge the scripts that have been changed and added. You are warned that the changes I have made may not work if you have added anything of your own. As I said, I only support the scripts included in this system and the client patch I have specified. Anybody else who knows the answers to questions I am unable to answer as such, are welcome to jump in and respond in this thread.

Sean

tiakara

Wanderer
Thank you for all of your help. I have been having a BLAST with this pack. I will definitely look into that patch. I did surf runuo and found some edits for the warning messages that came with this pack (that I would only see when I added scripts that caused errors) like the BaseQuiver.cs file as many might have experienced. Out of curiosity, did you fix those warning message issues with the patch - not that it matters for me but maybe others might want to patch who haven't fixed it yet.

seanandre

Sorceror
The only time I get warnings is when I add a script that's incompatible. If it's something simple and I know what it is, I fix it, otherwise I just delete the scripts I added that don't work and the server starts normally without errors or warnings. When the server starts normally, there are a couple of messages that display at the end that have something to do with Hair converting to it's virtual counterpart. I think I read somewhere that that had something to do with the Daat99 OWLTR system or something. And the other had something to do with Nerun's Distro. Something about a few spawns being out of range or something. Other than that, I can deal with everything else as long as the server starts fine and stays up for long periods of time. We've been running our production server for a couple of months now, and everything seems to be working great.

And if there are any working Quivers out there, I would be very surprised. Because we have found that when the quivers are used too much, players end up being over their weight limit, and we have found that it is the quivers that cause it. Apparently when players drop arrows and bolts into the quivers and they are used with bows and crossbows, the script appears to delete 1 arrow from the quiver every time one is used like it's supposed to do, but then after a long period of time, and many times of puting arrows and bolts into them, the amount of weight they use just keeps on going up, and doesn't go down when the items are removed or deleted by use. Makes no sense. If anybody has fixed that, that would be great.

Sean

pglizerd

Sorceror
any one having trouble with lumber jacking every time i go anywhere i chop on tree 1-2 times says there not enough wood here to harvest is there a fix for this i have read all post here and didn't come up with any issues i am patched to 6.0.0.0 and do have the patch in

Shadow9112283

Wanderer
Ok so my pc gpt fried and I decided to try this repack but I dont seem to be able to find a v. 6.0.0.0 anywhere and the install I found doesnt let me stop the patcher is there somewhere I can get 6.0.0.0? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

jamesbonds

Sorceror
I had this question for a long time:

How to modify the caps of casting cap(default 2), casting recovery cap (default 6), swing speed cap, stats cap, skill cap and such? Which of the file should I go for?
thanks ahead.

chocobutter

Traveler
hey i need help with the following for this repack...
* how do i run this world from a website and how much web space does it require?
* how do i make this server run with newest client and patch?
* is there anyway to make this server full ML?

THANK YOU SEAN!!!! AND THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELP ME WITH THIS!!

jamesreg

Sorceror
You probably wont be able if you want a newer client try current svn and add the files yourself sorry but this repack was meant to work more with 2.0 i believe. Most all of the scripts in this I have got to work in current svn currently have a runuo 2.2 sever and a Orbs 3.0 server with all those scripts on if you need some help let me know with a specific script and ill help or send you my translations

htid4life

Squire
i have no experience with runuo n the langue it uses i just wanted a server i could play on with friends n mess around this sounded like fun ::) but i guess i wont work

jamesreg

Sorceror
if you just want to play around why is this server not good enough? why does it have to be the most current one? if its just for a couple friends