RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0] Fully Automated Donation Store System

ntony

Sorceror
Anyone who are unable to get the donation system work. I can deploy it for you with a valuable charge. But you need to grant a temporary access right for me to your server and web host. I will not charge fee on you until you get a working donation store system.

Let me deploy it for you if you trust me.

Please contact me via e-mail. I'm checking this post frequently. Thanks! If you think that you can make it yourself. You can still send me email if you have any little problem with when deploying this system. ;)

Giraffe

Wanderer
ashftw;824947 said:
Im getting this lovely set of errors instead now - to do with the MySQL driver in DonationStore.cs

Anybody know why this is being caused?

Code:
[Retrieve Donation Gift List] Error...
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] D
ata source name not found and no default driver specified
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode r
etcode)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, Odb
cConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOption
s options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection own
ingObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbC
onnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection ow
ningConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection ou
terConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()
   at Server.Engines.PlayerDonation.DonationStore.GetDonationGiftList(String use
rname)

Thanks in advance

Ok i found the solution to this problem with lots of help from nTony you need to install a ODBC connector on your host.

It is available here
MySQL :: Download Connector/ODBC

You need to update the Driver Version in donationstore.cs to the one you download and install

Thanks nTony this looks like its going to work great!

ntony

Sorceror
Update:
The class name support parameters now, you can use "BankCheck 1000000" to make stacked items for your gifts. Thanks for the test by Giraffe!

Tresdni

Squire
Do the parameters also support things such as powerscrolls? Such as powerscroll swords 120 ? Will definately be used by us if it does :)

tommenquar

Sorceror
error alert

having an issue with the script. when i throw the whole thing in the custom folder, it complains about donation gift stone on line 153. tells me something don't like "name"

i am still unsure how to grab the complete error strait from the console itself...so if anyone could walk me through that as well would be great.

Am defently going to use this system if i can get it working.

BTW i am a noob at php and sql, do i have to download the sql server or will the runuo server act as a mysql server and let me log into it to use the mysql executable that comes with the script?

ntony

Sorceror
tommenquar;832650 said:
having an issue with the script. when i throw the whole thing in the custom folder, it complains about donation gift stone on line 153. tells me something don't like "name"

i am still unsure how to grab the complete error strait from the console itself...so if anyone could walk me through that as well would be great.

Am defently going to use this system if i can get it working.

BTW i am a noob at php and sql, do i have to download the sql server or will the runuo server act as a mysql server and let me log into it to use the mysql executable that comes with the script?

Sorry, that is my typo!

Please download the attachment from the thread #1 and replace DonationStoreStone.cs with the newer one.

tommenquar;832650 said:
do i have to download the sql server or will the runuo server act as a mysql server and let me log into it to use the mysql executable that comes with the script?

You have to. Please Google for MySQL server installation tutorials.

ntony

Sorceror
Tresdni;832620 said:
Do the parameters also support things such as powerscrolls? Such as powerscroll swords 120 ? Will definately be used by us if it does :)

Yes, it does.

The constructor of PowerScroll is:
public PowerScroll( SkillName skill, double value )

You can use "PowerScroll 40 110 " to make a 110 swordmanship powerscroll as gift.
"PowerScroll 6 120" is a 120 begging powerscroll :eek:

The pattern would be like
PowerScroll <SkillName> <Value>

Reference for SkillName ID: (from RunUO 2.0 Final source code, use yours if you have other version or customized code)
Code:
	public enum SkillName
	{
		Alchemy = 0,
		Anatomy = 1,
		AnimalLore = 2,
		ItemID = 3,
		ArmsLore = 4,
		Parry = 5,
		Begging = 6,
		Blacksmith = 7,
		Fletching = 8,
		Peacemaking = 9,
		Camping = 10,
		Carpentry = 11,
		Cartography = 12,
		Cooking = 13,
		DetectHidden = 14,
		Discordance = 15,
		EvalInt = 16,
		Healing = 17,
		Fishing = 18,
		Forensics = 19,
		Herding = 20,
		Hiding = 21,
		Provocation = 22,
		Inscribe = 23,
		Lockpicking = 24,
		Magery = 25,
		MagicResist = 26,
		Tactics = 27,
		Snooping = 28,
		Musicianship = 29,
		Poisoning = 30,
		Archery = 31,
		SpiritSpeak = 32,
		Stealing = 33,
		Tailoring = 34,
		AnimalTaming = 35,
		TasteID = 36,
		Tinkering = 37,
		Tracking = 38,
		Veterinary = 39,
		Swords = 40,
		Macing = 41,
		Fencing = 42,
		Wrestling = 43,
		Lumberjacking = 44,
		Mining = 45,
		Meditation = 46,
		Stealth = 47,
		RemoveTrap = 48,
		Necromancy = 49,
		Focus = 50,
		Chivalry = 51,
		Bushido = 52,
		Ninjitsu = 53,
		Spellweaving = 54
	}

tommenquar

Sorceror
walkthrough

Is it possible we can get a full step by step walk through on how to set up and operate this system? This is just to complex for some users and i have been pulling my hair out all day to set this up. I just cannot afford to hire/pay anyone to set it up for me. i am broke and the little money that i do have has to go to the bills.

Any help would be greatly welcomed and much appreciated.

tommenquar

Sorceror
i am just unsure how to set up the ipn and unsure how to get my paypal merchant id. i have been using paypal for a few years and never even heard of a paypal merchant id.

Also on the very last line before the paypal urls on the config file, i am not sure if i shoot that to my store url or where that goes to be honest. like i said, a highly detailed walk through will be nice.

on the other hand if i manage to figure it out or get it set up correctly, i will write a detailed walk through for it and contribute it ^^

Tresdni

Squire
[Retrieve Donation Gift List] Error...
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] D
ata source name not found and no default driver specified
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode r
etcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, Odb
cConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOption
s options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection own
ingObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbC
onnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection ow
ningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection ou
terConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()
at Server.Engines.PlayerDonation.DonationStore.GetDonationGiftList(String use
rname)

Ive got the ODBC connector installed, even changed the version to the version I downloaded, and it still gives me the error above. This is the only thing stopping us from using this system, and it's driving me crazy :(

Vorspire

Knight
Tresdni;832756 said:
Ive got the ODBC connector installed, even changed the version to the version I downloaded, and it still gives me the error above. This is the only thing stopping us from using this system, and it's driving me crazy :(

The ODBC Driver is definately installed on the machine that hosts RunUO?

tommenquar

Sorceror
sorry for the barrage of noob questions. where exactly can i find the ipn ( i beleive that is what it is) i know how to link it up with paypal but i am not sure which url to link it too. this is bout the last thing stoping me.

~So Confused~ =(

tommenquar

Sorceror
Bleh

tommenquar;832777 said:
sorry for the barrage of noob questions. where exactly can i find the ipn ( i beleive that is what it is) i know how to link it up with paypal but i am not sure which url to link it too. this is bout the last thing stoping me.

~So Confused~ =(

I have changed me mind. This system is not noob friendly and very difficult for people who don't understand all the things that are required to put this together. The read me isn't very detailed, therefore doesn't really help out much.

Great system, just needs a much better guide so noobs such as i can set this up without error and pissed off people.

ntony

Sorceror
tommenquar;832833 said:
I have changed me mind. This system is not noob friendly and very difficult for people who don't understand all the things that are required to put this together. The read me isn't very detailed, therefore doesn't really help out much.

Great system, just needs a much better guide so noobs such as i can set this up without error and pissed off people.

Sir, that is not so hard to mark a search on Google.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=paypal+merchant+id

I'm not expert on PayPal. Probably, you need an business/merchant account in PayPal.
Merchant ID can be your PayPal login email or there is a number you can get in PayPal:
My Account > Profile

Look at the screenshot as below:

For security reason, I recommend you to use the Secure Merchant Account ID.

It may be hard to get it done. But if you try google, the solution would be there. I would appreciate if you would make a walk through for dummies. Just ask your question here and I will try to help you. But make sure what you problem is but not asking "How can I get the store work?" without any trying. I don't know the problem which dummies would face. The walkthrough would be great if it is written by newbie. :D

I spend my time on coding. And it would be great if people would assist or write the walkthrough, when they have overcome their problems and get their stores started.

Attachments

• PayPal.png
    PayPal.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 152

ntony

Sorceror
Tresdni;832756 said:

Would you show me the connector download link?

tommenquar

Sorceror
I have already found the Merchant id. all i need now is how to locate the url for the IPN and then putting everything together.

i have even downloaded the obdc driver and changed the code to 5.1 and am still unsure if everything is linked together as they should be.

Also i would like to apologize for my previous post. working on getting this to work for 2 days strait pout me behind and it is kind of annoying. thanks for the patience.

Oh and i will be more than happy to write a setup for noobs for ya. i just wanna make sure i know everything first ^^

Tresdni

Squire
Giraffe;832447 said:
Ok i found the solution to this problem with lots of help from nTony you need to install a ODBC connector on your host.

It is available here
MySQL :: Download Connector/ODBC

You need to update the Driver Version in donationstore.cs to the one you download and install

Thanks nTony this looks like its going to work great!

I used the one he posted.

Vorspire

Knight
tommenquar;832875 said:
I have already found the Merchant id. all i need now is how to locate the url for the IPN and then putting everything together.

i have even downloaded the obdc driver and changed the code to 5.1 and am still unsure if everything is linked together as they should be.

Also i would like to apologize for my previous post. working on getting this to work for 2 days strait pout me behind and it is kind of annoying. thanks for the patience.

Oh and i will be more than happy to write a setup for noobs for ya. i just wanna make sure i know everything first ^^

You don't even need to input a URL into the IPN feature of your PayPal account anymore, the URL can actually be passed as an argument using a hidden form field inlcuded with the "Add To Cart" button provided by PayPal.

If this system doesn't integrate with the PayPal Checkout, then you can use the "Pay With PayPal" button instead.

Here is some sample code I wrote for my own automated donation system;

Code:
<form id="addToCartForm" target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
	<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_GB/i/btn/x-click-but22.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Add To Cart[/COLOR]">
	<input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">
	<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
	<input type="hidden" name="business" value="[COLOR="DarkOrange"][email protected][/COLOR]">
	<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="'[COLOR="Red"]http://www.yourDomain.com/ipn.php[/COLOR]'">
	<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="[COLOR="DarkOrange"]TEST ITEM 01[/COLOR]">
	<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="[COLOR="DarkOrange"]TEST01[/COLOR]">
	<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="[COLOR="DarkOrange"]5.00[/COLOR]">
	<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="[COLOR="DarkOrange"]User Account Name[/COLOR]">
	<input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="0.00">
	<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">
	<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
	<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="[COLOR="DarkOrange"]GBP[/COLOR]">
	<input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0.00">
	<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="[COLOR="DarkOrange"]GB[/COLOR]">
	<input type="hidden" name="bn" value="[COLOR="DarkOrange"]ADS-DonationCart[/COLOR]">
	<input type="hidden" name="return" value="[COLOR="DarkOrange"]http://www.yourDomain.com[/COLOR]">
</form>

ORANGE = Field values that can be changed.
RED = PayPal IPN URL.

Using this button code for each item in your catalog will automatically build a "shopping cart" for the user using PayPal's Checkout Interface.

The only problem is that the IPN must be set up to parse multiple items, not just one at a time...
If you don't want to use the PayPal Checkout Cart, change the cmd field value from _cart to another supported value - Not sure what other values are, but you'll be able to find out on PayPal's FAQs.

Another thing is, you do not need a business or merchant account, or a donations/non-profit license to use PayPal for these transactions.
I have a premium UK verified account and it works fine, but you will be locked out of PayPal if your income volume reaches your locked limit per month.
PayPal will lock you out of your account to prevent money fraud, the process for getting past this is simple, they will deposit $0.01 into your Ban Account with a 4-digit pin code that you must enter into the PayPal verification page in order to unlock your account;
The only way you can get ahold of this 4-digit pin is to personally visit your bank and review your statements.