RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC 1] CTF

bean56

Wanderer
[RunUO 2.0 RC 1] CTF

This is the CTF and DD games that zippy originally wrote a long time ago, I have just updated the CTF to work with 2.0. With just a couple edits you can also add the DD game.

Credit goes to Zippy for the original scripting and to Malaperth for the idea of registering the region inside the gameregion script even though he messed some other things up it seemed to do the trick.

I'm just throwing this out there for you guys, I won't be really supporting it or making updates or anything.

V2 is a new version where you can use CTF or DD. You can also more easily find and edit the regions. To change the game type just add the game stone like usual and double click it and there is a property in there called Game type. It is set to 1 by default for CTF, but just change it to 2 before you start your game and it will use the DD region instead.

Note right now there is a problem with the region registering, I think it's pretty much the same problem everyone was having before, but since I've changed the code around you can just end the game and start it again and the region will register.

**I fixed the typo in the gamejoin gump and the readme file in the original version**

Attachments

• CTFandDDV2.rar
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,107
  • CTFandDD.rar
    21.7 KB · Views: 485
nice work man... nice work... question, did you eeven try it to make sure all was A-ok before you threw it in? or just check to see if it compiled... i dont care one step further either way but id like to know where im standing ;)

thank you for doing this

one question i also have is this - in the readme it says to change the gaming region coords to what you want them to be, i did not find any coords in the gameregion.cs file like it said, so where do you set the coords at for the gaming region?

its been all messed up. the referance is actually in the ctfgame.cs just find "bounds"... i would just tell everyone to hold off on this because I am going to spend my time fixing it =/ come tommorow ill be quite involved with it... we'll see if bean and i can collaborate on this and fixxor it ;)

bean56

Wanderer
-Greywolf
You are welcome to use whichever you perfer. Like he kind of mentioned, the coordinates are in the ctfgame.cs. That was just the way it worked out so the region would register correctly and all. I looked at the readme and I didn't see where it says anything about the coordinates, but oh well.

well i plan on giving this one a try, now that i know where the coords are at
because, until i see differently, looks like this one works

FYI here is the part in the readme that mentions them - it is right after the start of the install instructions:

Before setting up the script on the shard, you may want to change the Coords in the "GameRegion.cs" script. The coords in there now are some nice places me & alkiser found a while ago on the default map... but you might want to use something else.

that way you can fix the download script

well,

fyi I was NOT criticizing you at all. The code originally was a tad sloppy and misplaced. Even in the 1.0 version (which yes it worked) was a tad sloppy. I mean... look at the join gump. Theres a typo that says "ll" instead of "all". but no i wasnt insulting you my friend :eek: PS pls excuse my language in the last thread i have edited it.

by the way the problem is (to start with) is declaring the region. I found the "bounds" definition in ctfgame.cs but even after setting it it doesnt recognize my region. If my players join a team they are killed, corpses deleted, and shipped somewhere out into the water far far away lol. So it's gotta be something with region thats invoking this:

****EDIT**** THIS IS VERSION ONE

Code:
  public void LeaveGame( Mobile m )
  {
   CTFTeam t = GetTeam( m );
   if ( t != null )
    t.RemoveMember( m );
   if ( m.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player && !m.Blessed )
   {
    if ( m.Alive )
    {
     m.Kill();
     if ( m.Corpse != null && !m.Corpse.Deleted )
      m.Corpse.Delete();
    }
    m.Resurrect();
   }

Item robe = m.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.OuterTorso );
   if ( robe is CTFRobe )
    robe.Delete();
   if ( m.Backpack != null )
   {
    Item[] robes = m.Backpack.FindItemsByType( typeof( CTFRobe ) );
    for(int i=0;i<robes.Length;i++)
     robes[i].Delete();
   }
   m.Delta( MobileDelta.Noto );
  }

Also either im incredibly blind or it was not there last night, but i didnt relise there was a version 2. i think ill throw that one in instead and see how it goes :)

also, ive found that when my players log out they log back in and end up in yew... no matter where they log out... the game isnt going and its off... not sure what thats all about. I havent added any other scripts since this and didnt have that before so i assume. ill continue looking into it

bean56

Wanderer
Aaron Sithsong [GOD];667585 said:
well,

by the way the problem is (to start with) is declaring the region. I found the "bounds" definition in ctfgame.cs but even after setting it it doesnt recognize my region. If my players join a team they are killed, corpses deleted, and shipped somewhere out into the water far far away lol. So it's gotta be something with region thats invoking this:

It sounds to me like you didn't set the home location for the team flag. You must set a home location for the flag where it will reappear when it's captured etc and you have to set a home location for the team where the players are spawned on the flag. Otherwise when they try to join that team they will probably be shipped of to the middle of the ocean at 0, 0, 0. As far as the typo in the join gump, I didn't even look at or edit the join gump; that's zippys typo.

As far as logging off and logging in to yew, that problem actually sounds a little familiar to me, but I don't have any ideas for you sorry. Maybe try making a new character that never has joined CTF and log off and back on and see what happens.

yes but read above your last post thats with version 2.0 the other one was 1. I decided V2 is better I just dunno whats up with that yew thing

bean56

Wanderer
So does the yew thing happen with both versions or does it happen with a player that hasn't ever even joined a ctf game???

You have to give some more details for us to get an idea what could be going on.

bean56;668186 said:
So does the yew thing happen with both versions or does it happen with a player that hasn't ever even joined a ctf game???

You have to give some more details for us to get an idea what could be going on.

its version 2.0 and i had players who hadnt ever even joined and still got shoved off to yew everytime they log in

bean56

Wanderer
Aaron Sithsong [GOD];668298 said:
its version 2.0 and i had players who hadnt ever even joined and still got shoved off to yew everytime they log in

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce your problem with a distro RunUO and if it's affecting players that haven't ever joined the game then that makes it doubtful that it has to do with this however still possible. Maybe you made some kind of edit to something?

son!c

Wanderer
CTF means Capture the Flag

a gameplay with two teams and two flags.
You have the mission to get the flag of the opponent and bring them to the base of your team.
The Point increase when your flag and the opponent flag is in your base at the flagspawn.

DD means Double Domination

I think here your team must control the enemy-base for 10seconds to increase points

There's nothing else edited that would affect what I told you im pretty sure. All I know is I added it. They logged in at yew. I removed it. They didn't.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat. Same thing happened.

Im not sure im still looking into it.

Icepotter

Wanderer
OK, Im trying to put the ctf in my server.

I have added the ctf join stone, the flags, the score board, the game control stone.

Linked each flag in the game control stone, linked the ctf join stone to control stone.

But when the players try to enter in the game, its showing 4 teams, i want to select team random. Right?

Ok, anyway, when i select any team i go to the ocean :S where i can change the coordinates to suply room? i'll make the arena in a dungeon with 4 rooms, and a center room, where will have good pvp.

Can anyone help me?

Oh, sorry for english im braziliian and no speak english goood =|

Please, fast