RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC 1] CTF

bean56

Wanderer
Icepotter;673785 said:
OK, Im trying to put the ctf in my server.

I have added the ctf join stone, the flags, the score board, the game control stone.

Linked each flag in the game control stone, linked the ctf join stone to control stone.

But when the players try to enter in the game, its showing 4 teams, i want to select team random. Right?

Ok, anyway, when i select any team i go to the ocean :S where i can change the coordinates to suply room? i'll make the arena in a dungeon with 4 rooms, and a center room, where will have good pvp.

Can anyone help me?

Oh, sorry for english im braziliian and no speak english goood =|

Please, fast

When you create a game you have to specify how many teams you want. IE [add CTFGame 2 for 2 teams. You end up in the ocean because you haven't set the home location for the teams flag. You need to set the flags properties.

Quando cria um jogo você tem que especificar quantas equipes que você quer. Por exemplo, [adiciona CTFGame 2 para 2 equipes. Acaba para cima no oceano porque você não pôs a situação de lar para as equipes descair. Necessita pôr as propriedades de bandeiras.

Sorry, I don't speak portuguese.

AdminZin

Wanderer
join stone

I got the game stone in thanks to joaks answering the thread. I never would have guessed ctfgame 123. But I am having the same problem with the join stone, is there a hidden code for it :D? Thanks for helping others Joaks. You are very much appreciated!

Malaperth

Wanderer
There is a readme.txt in the archive you downloaded (or at least in the one I did) and it says:

Capture the Flag:
1) [add CTFGame put it someplace out of the way.. this is used for controling game options only, players dont need to see it.
2) [props or double click the game stone and setup the properties of the game (like how many teams, etc).
3) [add CTFFlag, this is the flag so it should go someplace in your "arena"
4) Double click or do [props on the Flag, you will get a props menu... FIRST Set the TeamID to the Team Number (0, 1, 2, 3) etc you want the team to have. (This should never be >= the number of teams in the game)
5) Next set the Flag's Game property to the game stone you added in step 1.
6) Set all the other properties how you want, Note:set the flag's Hue to the color you want the team to wear (a blue flag means everyone on the team will wear a blue robe).

*) Repeat steps 3-6 for each team

Now you may [add gamejoinstone all around your shard to allow players to join the game. These must also be linked via props to the game stone from step 1.
You may also [add ctfscoreboard all over your shard (and dont forget to link them to the gamestone) so your players can see the scores. You might also want to add one in the arena.

Reading information provided by the package author is usually a good idea...

AdminZin

Wanderer
I did read the instructions. It said add game stone but it would not let me add it until Joaks told us we had to add ctfgame 123 to get the game stone. The instructions says add gamejoinstone and i have tried every way to add one and can not. Since the game stone had some wierd name (ctfgame 123), I was asking if the join stone had a special name. And you should not accuse someone of something you have no idea about Malaperth. If you would have understood what I was asking then you would not have had to responed with what seemed smartass.

Malaperth

Wanderer
AdminZin;687491 said:
I did read the instructions. It said add game stone but it would not let me add it until Joaks told us we had to add ctfgame 123 to get the game stone. The instructions says add gamejoinstone and i have tried every way to add one and can not. Since the game stone had some wierd name (ctfgame 123), I was asking if the join stone had a special name. And you should not accuse someone of something you have no idea about Malaperth. If you would have understood what I was asking then you would not have had to responed with what seemed smartass.

I read not only the instructions, but the code itself. IF you had followed the instructions, you would have gotten an error message explaining EXACTLY what you had to do to get the game join stone created. IN the code itself, it SHOWS you what you need to type... I understood perfectly what you were asking and told you exactly how to go about getting the answer. I'm sorry that someone had to spoon feed you the answer and that you had no capability of figuring it out yourself. These are the types of things you WILL need to learn to run a shard.

AdminZin

Wanderer
That out of the way

OK I am not understanding and maybe I do need spoon fed until I learn what I need too. But I see the instructions say, ( [add gamejoinstone ). To me this is the command to add it. If I missed something it is from the lack of knowledge. If you will not spoon feed me then at least tell me where to look:D.

AdminZin

Wanderer
did it

I tried to add one and watched for the error. It said String gameName. Guess what? It worked, hehe. I did [add gamejoinstonectf and I got it. Thanks for the prompting. You are truly wise. Oh and sorry I called you a smartass even though I did mean it at the time.

3ly1n

Wanderer
There is a mistake, when a player captures the flag, cannot give up it in the base.

That is to say, the player remains with the put flag

ironman13405

Wanderer
Ok i have tryed and tryed and tryed it is diveing me nuts i have many problems with mine i would like to change

1. i want the ppl to be put into the area when they start the game them selfs (that means they can set the game up them selfs)
2. i want them to keep all there stuff
3 i want to know how to change where they are spawned to the location maybe have it where it sees where the flag is and spawns the correct team to that flag

thats all for now if some one could help me with that i would love u

ironman13405

Wanderer
ironman13405;734989 said:
Ok i have tryed and tryed and tryed it is diveing me nuts i have many problems with mine i would like to change

1. i want the ppl to be put into the area when they start the game them selfs (that means they can set the game up them selfs)
2. i want them to keep all there stuff
3 i want to know how to change where they are spawned to the location maybe have it where it sees where the flag is and spawns the correct team to that flag

thats all for now if some one could help me with that i would love u

come on plz some one help me

Arthanys

Wanderer
Hi all... i have a problem, i think that the Game Arena is not registering:

Code:
Warning: Duplicate region name 'Game Arena' for map 'Felucca'

I can't block spells or skills =/

anyone can help me ?