RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] FS: Animal Taming Systems Gen2

RoninGT

Sorceror
FS: Animal Taming Systems Gen2

FS: Animal Taming Systems (Generation 2) v1.0.0

For RunUO v2.0.0 RC1

Thank you all who pmed me on testing this. However i fixed the major issue that was holding the system back so i when ahead and released the system. Thank you again for your intrest in this system.

Credits
ASayre: His original shrink system was used as a liner to create the shrink system featured in this system.
ArteGordon: For his help not only on this project but many, many others.
Voran: For all his teaching when i first started here on the boards.
Daat99: For his help testing, and suggestions about the system.

Changelog.
- Added Experementation System to bio system.
- Added new method for collecting pet exp. Now pets gain bulk exp when they kill another creature.
- Exp shareing feature, if 2 or more pets kill the same creature the pets share the exp of the kill. The exp is split evenly between the pets.
- Pet power moves. Now pets can learn moves based thier ability points. (System not fully tested)
- Updated taming cfg files to include new SE mobiles, Also includes 2 new large bod formats, Large Beetle BOD and Large Hiryu BOD.

The new features have not been fully tested for balance and bugs. If you run into any bugs please post them here.

Thanks

Ronin

P.S. I am working on a detailed howto on updating stock distro files. However untill then i sugguest using WinMerge to update your distros.

Intall
1. Download File/s
2. Unzip file/s
3. Take the "Taming" folder and place it in "Data/Bulk Orders" of your server
4. Take the rest of the files and drop into your customs folder
5. If you are already using "Vorans Druid Spells" You will need to delete the "Reagent Pack" folder however if you are not using the druid spells keep the folder
6. Take the distros folder and if you have not made any custom mods to the distros you are welcome to use them as is. However if you do have custom mods to these distros i suggest using WinMerge to update your distros.
7. Restart your server.
8. Place Animal Breeders where your animal trainers are.
9. Enjoy.

Attachments

• FS-ATS Gen2 v1.0.0 (For RunUO v2.0.0).zip
    250.3 KB · Views: 7,064

Erica

Knight
Great Job just curious about something by any chance are you ever going to upgrade the FS Daily Rares System for 2.0 ?

tramper

Sorceror
i got erors
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (3 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
Error:
System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Display(CompilerResults results)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.CompileCSScripts(Boolean debug, Assembly& assembly)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

help please

RoninGT

Sorceror
Erica
Yes, I will soon. Please understand that i am working on a new server, This new server requires me to code tons of new systems. I am combining some of the best features from other MMORPGS into UO hehe. Its hard work. Plus about 20 other custom systems. But yes ill get it update ASAP

tramper
Try running your console in debug mode. See where your getting the error. Then post what the console says.

Ronin

dutch331

Wanderer
I got the same error and I"m reading the debug tutorial to run in debug mode but it won't take it. There are no quotations in the target box for win 2000

Apache787

Wanderer
Just a thought, if u used [quickrestart, the autosave method is bugged so it makes a bad save. from the error that u got tramper, it seems to be the case

Warmonkey

Wanderer
i cant unshrink my pets as an admin. it says i require 103.1 taming (for icesteed) yet i have 120 all skills. no matter what i set my skills to this still happens

Arek

Sorceror
Problem: In RunUO 2.0, skills over your current skillcap act as if they are at that cap.
Solution: Eat a powerscroll, or manually set the appropriate skillcap to 120.

--Arek

dutch331

Wanderer
I had the version manofwar posted as a fix and it worked good but since your the original creater of this I wanted yours but I got the same error as tramper and I can't get it to start in debug mode to post the error log so I put manofwars version back in and it works fine again. I still would like your version with all your upgrades if you can help me either fix the problem or help with debug mode. In the tutorial it says to put /debug after the quotations but there are no quotations in the target box. When I put /debug after the line thats there it won't allow me to. Any help would be appreciated.

Joeku

Lord
Did you fix the numerous spelling errors?
I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just a grammar freak and... that stuff makes me cry :(

RoninGT

Sorceror
Joeku said:
Did you fix the numerous spelling errors?
I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just a grammar freak and... that stuff makes me cry :(

LMAO, I never claimed i could spell... So prolly not if you would be so kind as to point them out to me. Ill be more than happy to fix them.

Ronin

P.S.
As far as the errors everyone is getting. I am not getting these errors and i am running a stock (No moded) ver of 2.0.0 RC1 with just the ATS... So if i can get a dubug log that would really be helpful

iczweb

Wanderer
Nice Script

Want to thank you for the script.

I ran into a problem after installing the script it basically boiled down to the serialization/deserialization in the base creatures file. When trying to load the world i got an error saying it couldnt load the mobile.

Anyhow if anyone has this problem they need to comment out the last 3 reader.readint at version 17

Code:
			if ( version >= 17 )
			{
				m_IsMating = reader.ReadBool();
				m_ABPoints = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Exp = reader.ReadInt();
				m_NextLevel = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Level = reader.ReadInt();
				m_MaxLevel = reader.ReadInt();
				m_AllowMating = reader.ReadBool();
				m_Evolves = reader.ReadBool();
				m_Gen = reader.ReadInt();
				m_MatingDelay = reader.ReadDateTime();
				m_Form1 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Form2 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Form3 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Form4 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Form5 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Form6 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Form7 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Form8 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Form9 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Sound1 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Sound2 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Sound3 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Sound4 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Sound5 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Sound6 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Sound7 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Sound8 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_Sound9 = reader.ReadInt();
				m_UsesForm1 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_UsesForm2 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_UsesForm3 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_UsesForm4 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_UsesForm5 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_UsesForm6 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_UsesForm7 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_UsesForm8 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_UsesForm9 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_F0 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_F1 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_F2 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_F3 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_F4 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_F5 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_F6 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_F7 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_F8 = reader.ReadBool();
				m_F9 = reader.ReadBool();
				//m_RoarAttack = reader.ReadInt();
				//m_PetPoisonAttack = reader.ReadInt();
				//m_FireBreathAttack = reader.ReadInt();
			}

Just comment out those last 3 in the deserialize function, keep the serialize ones load server save uncomment them out ur good to go!

hope that helps someone.

Nagozi

Sorceror
Re: Animal Breeders And Control System

Hi everyone,

I downloaded and installed this system into my server and everything runs perfect! The best shrinking system I've ever seen.

Anyway I am having some control issues here..lol I can't, for the life of me, figure out what commands to use when - and how to use this animal breeder... I think he's a wonderful addirion, but really frustrating without some documentation to explain its purpose and how to use him.

Can someone point me in the right direction please. Thanks :D

dutch331

Wanderer
Thanks Arek that worked to debug now. So is the FAQ debug tutorial wrong or can it be done both ways? Anyway running in debug mode this is what the console said. Looks like same error message.

Code:
Core: Running with arguments: -debug
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 3 warnings)
Warnings:
 + New Systems/Monster Contract Dealer & Monster Contract/Gump/MonsterContractDe
alerGump.cs:
    CS0105: Line 14: The using directive for 'System.IO' appeared previously in
this namespace
    CS0105: Line 15: The using directive for 'System.Collections' appeared previ
ously in this namespace
 + New Quests/VampireQuest/VampQuestItems/Drac Required items/DraculasTeleporter
.cs:
    CS0114: Line 21: 'Server.Items.DraculasTeleporter.Location' hides inherited
member 'Server.Item.Location'. To make the current member override that implemen
tation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
    CS0108: Line 28: 'Server.Items.DraculasTeleporter.Map' hides inherited membe
r 'Server.Item.Map'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
 + New Systems/LostAlchemy/DurabilityTarget.cs:
    CS0168: Line 32: The variable 'number' is declared but never used
Errors:
Error:

Any ideas?

manofwar

Sorceror
Nagozi,

Have the animal breeder spawn in any location you want sometimes where the other animal stalls are a good place. Now once you have a pet trained up to mating level which was like level nine in old version you need another person with same kind of pet at mating level and they have to be oposite sex's. Now stand close to the Breeder and Once you got that hit the pet properties like right click pet and go to bottom of list and click that {think it says npc info}. Once the gump opens then click the mate this pet feature and target the pet you want to mate with. You and the other person both should get a pet deed and i think it takes three days to get the baby pets from deeds. This is what i remeber of the old code, havent installed this new code but am getting ready too. Hope this helps you out.

dutch331

Wanderer
Ok I started a new install of Runuo2.0 with not even an account made yet and no other customs other than ATS, strictly stock runuo. I put the taming folder in data/bulk orders and took out distro files that were affected by this system and still got the same error on startup. Debug mode doesn't change how the console displays this error. Any ideas as I have never seen this error before to even know where to begin?

Nagozi

Sorceror
Thanks For The Information

Much appreciated ManofWar... So far the new system seems to work.. the breeder is the only part I havent tested and I am still in the process of testing the bod system with pets, although I'm unsure who to turn the bods into one they're complete. lol.

Arek

Sorceror
dutch331 said:
Thanks Arek that worked to debug now. So is the FAQ debug tutorial wrong or can it be done both ways? Anyway running in debug mode this is what the console said. Looks like same error message.

Code:
Core: Running with arguments: -debug
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 3 warnings)
Warnings:
 + New Systems/Monster Contract Dealer & Monster Contract/Gump/MonsterContractDe
alerGump.cs:
    CS0105: Line 14: The using directive for 'System.IO' appeared previously in
this namespace
    CS0105: Line 15: The using directive for 'System.Collections' appeared previ
ously in this namespace
 + New Quests/VampireQuest/VampQuestItems/Drac Required items/DraculasTeleporter
.cs:
    CS0114: Line 21: 'Server.Items.DraculasTeleporter.Location' hides inherited
member 'Server.Item.Location'. To make the current member override that implemen
tation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
    CS0108: Line 28: 'Server.Items.DraculasTeleporter.Map' hides inherited membe
r 'Server.Item.Map'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
 + New Systems/LostAlchemy/DurabilityTarget.cs:
    CS0168: Line 32: The variable 'number' is declared but never used
Errors:
Error:

Any ideas?

Well, everything up to the exception is just warnings, and can probably be safely ignored. As for the exception, check your install locations for both RunUO and UO and make sure that there aren't any strange characters in the path (as can happen on non-us computers with your UO installation). One thing I would try is if you're using a non-us version of windows, is to reinstall UO, telling it to install somewhere outside your "Program Files" (or whatever it's called on your computer) folder.

--Arek