RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 RC1 has been released.

archiep

Wanderer
Thanks Guys. I guess i know what Im doing for my long weekend now. Ive been hoping this would fall on one of my long weekends.

sidsid

Sorceror
When is 2.1 coming out?

-- I am very happy to see 2.0RC1. Very happy to see the great progress made around the core of the program. Great job!

Vindekator

Sorceror
Now my work starts.

Really great results! Even on my tired old machine the save time is more than cut in half. I've even been able to compile the server and have it run. Now to populate....

I'm planning on developing a large quest/subplot that will be a real Adventure. There will be a house on the surface, maybe a tree, but most of it will be a great underground... I seem to have heard something like that before...

I get the following error when starting the program. This is how it comes out of the box for me, I have not done any modifications. Already tried reinstalling the latest .net framework 2.0, but I keep getting this. All previous versions of RunUO since beta 34 I think it was, worked fine.

Oh and by the way, when I hit return the program jumps to the next line and then freezes, and does not even terminate.

System:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+
2x 512MB Corsair memory
Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo (latest bios and chipset drivers from Asus website, not NVidia universal drivers)
Asus ATI Radeon X800 Deluxe 256MB DDR3 (latest ATI catalyst drivers available, DirectX 9.0c)
200GB Maxtor harddisk
80GB Maxtor harddisk

Client: Patched 8th anniversary boxed version.

bzk90

Lord
emredik, a link to .net 2.0 was posted already in this thread.

@everyone, post in the support forum for support.

*wonders whats next for the runuo team*

Crowley62

Sorceror
hi i have a few questions about runuo2. You say it has bugs and is unstable are you saying it will crash alot and players will be able to exploit the server?
I see SE stuff added is there anything new from mondains added at all? Is it worth to remove runuo 1 server and make my players all start over right now,or will it just crash all the time Thx. I know we all wanted runuo2 so bad but if it isn't done it isn't done and should not be released.

Johabius

Knight
By the file name alone, it would be safe to assume that this is a work in progress. RC1=Release Candidate 1

titan0051

Wanderer
are you saying it will crash alot and players will be able to exploit the server?

im sure Ryan and the team wouldnt release something to us that is so unstable it will crash all the time..

If it does crash, it likely will be because of something you modified yourself.

P.S.

Great Work, ive been using RunUO since the first RCO and learned a lot from everyone on these forums.
So thank you to the RunUO team and to everyone else here in this community that made this release possible. :D

Cerberus

Wanderer
Congratulations to everyone involved in this project .. you should all be very proud of yourselves and deserve a large pat on the back from everyone here...

@ everyone whos having a moan about this release ....

At least have the decency to come on here and thank the DEVS for the work they have done rather than whine and complain when half of you clearly havnt even tried the bloody thing yet.

Please remember this is and will always remain a work in progress as long as their is a dedicated team involved in it and a little respect for the efforts put in rather than a whine about whats not is really whats called for at this time.

Crowley62

Sorceror
I looked theru the skills folder and don't see ninjitsu or samurai skills is this the wrong place to look or are they not added. All my players have been wanting the new skills since they heard about runuo2 (a few months back ) if not added this will certainly be a big disappointment

Rosey1

Wanderer
Crowley62 said:
hi i have a few questions about runuo2. You say it has bugs and is unstable are you saying it will crash alot and players will be able to exploit the server?
I see SE stuff added is there anything new from mondains added at all? Is it worth to remove runuo 1 server and make my players all start over right now,or will it just crash all the time Thx. I know we all wanted runuo2 so bad but if it isn't done it isn't done and should not be released.

they said to not use it for a production shard and that the ML stuff wasn't all there yet. The way I look at it, I can play around with it and get a head start changing the scripts over so when everything is done and ironed out, I'll be ready (i hope!)

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Many thanks from those of us working on getting our shard up and running. We've been anxiously looking forward to 2.0 and we have no doubt that it will not disappoint. Looking forward to helping out the RunUO community in the process of testing 2.0 and making it the best.

:) :) :) :cool: ;) :) :) :) ;) :)

HomeDaddy

Wanderer
I am about to build my new shard and have a few play testers lined up.

I just have a couple of questions.

Should I build RunUO1 and then convert over when RunUO2 is Release (not RC) or Build RunUO2 and work from there.

Will there be a way to 'Convert' a RunUO1 server to a RunUO2 server and keep your 'world', all the settings and stuff like spawns, characters, accounts etc.

As the bugs are sorted out in RunUO2 with the patches etc, be able to be dropped into an existing RunUO2 install or will the fixed version have to be done as a fresh install?

I realise for existing shards, this isnt the right time to go to RunUO2 but I'm just wondering which is going to be the better way to go for a new shard just starting now.

Thanks in advance.
HDy

P.S. RUNUO DevTEAM.... you are AWSOM!

Rift

Wanderer
Asayre said:
Addition of the systemfor Recipes, as well as some minor 'starting' examples. (ie, it's boring and tedious and we want yall to do it and submit to RunUO)

I have a feeling Daat will be all over that one lol

Good Job Devs......:D
and converting 3 different testshards with customs to this RC wasn't all that bad.... hehehe no wipes :p just practicing and finding how hard it be with productionshard to convert without wipe lucky me I'm use to this lol

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Wow, conversion wasn't that bad (system conversion)...wonder how bad redoing the skeleton of TMSS 4 will be :-\...

At least I can use the ReadAsValue() functions in XML now :D