RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 RC1 has been released.

Thanx a bunch

I'd like to join the list of people who already thanked the dev's and scripters for their commitment to the project and the strenght to keep motivated with all the shit they have to put up with comming from the forums about when this/that will be ready or that it's buggy.

Thank you!

(P.S. When will the final version be released ? :p)

I'm not sure if this was brought up before, but maybe it's an idear to put a section on the website to use of mindless conversions and stuff. Where people can create an account, or use their forum one to login and check out some work, do it, check it back in and get a chance to help the devs/scripters with it. Offcourse it would be reviewed and only if it's any good do you get a second taking, etc. Might get the community more involved in helping out instead of asking when it will be ready, without having to expand the dev team, or let people in on any info that is not ment for the public (yet)

Anyways, thanks again for the hard work. (Wonderfull timing btw, was just finishing off my map :))

Iomega0318

Sorceror
wow, love the new staff positions, and the way it catches the scripts.. makes it so much faster for me lol, Great job guys, keep up the good work, and yeah there are a few bugs I have already found one when searching

darkoverlord

Sorceror
Thank you Team for all the Hard Work that you have put into this project. Yes alot of us were anxious for along time but Im sure it was worth the wait and now we have new oppurtunities to explore.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
I probably shouldn't ask this cause I might get shot lol, but is there even a possibilty of listing the original RunUO 1.0 files that were changed in 2.0, so I can try merging those, any new files added I of course wont really have to deal with those.. So any chances of this happening?
*waits for the bang*

Silverxanth

Sorceror
Again!! Awesome job and you can really tell that you guys put forth the effert on this release. Really truely... we are not worthy!!!

Thanks again and keep up the great work!
:D

Dune Masters

Wanderer
Different Format

I placed some of my old scripts that I use in the RunUO 1.0 version, and they were not compatible for those of the RunUO 2.0 version.

Dune Masters said:
I placed some of my old scripts that I use in the RunUO 1.0 version, and they were not compatible for those of the RunUO 2.0 version.

Right. Some scripts may need to be modified. If you need help post in Script Support.

Joeku

Lord
Virtual hair was an extremely good addition for RunUO 2.0.

Just think of all the vendors and other humanoid NPCs, let alone just players... new shards probably reduce their item count by a thousand or more.

Joeku said:
Virtual hair was an extremely good addition for RunUO 2.0.

Just think of all the vendors and other humanoid NPCs, let alone just players... new shards probably reduce their item count by a thousand or more.
Yeah, although I wish when setting it in props, it would have comon name instead of ItemID, just for ease of use, having to look up item ids for everyday itesm like hair sux.

@raulpuciax: great you're back. *sighs deeply*

LNewman

Wanderer
WTG Development team!

It looks great so far! I finally decided to try out a shard of my own. Got a few of the 1.0 scripts fixed but I see I am going to have to get expert at C# if I really want to update or write any new scripts. So far I am only hung up on Xantho's evo scripts. I read the posts in the script support and fixed a couple of things but there are more that I don't understand why they are errors. Anyhow the 2.0 runs well! I did have to add a few spawners for the Ninja and Samurai training "quests" but it went quite well there. The dragon and imp on the Samurai one are a bit tough though for a new player.

Nagash

Sorceror
Loving this release so far. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means 100% SE Support?:D I've been away for a long while.
Btw...any previsions of a "definitive" 2.0?

LNewman: I think you're supposed to die on that quest, but might be wrong.

b0b01

Sorceror
Code:
Time consuming *Gens now freeze netstate while they're working.

What does Gens mean?

And why is the bug tracker down?