RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

zetamine;848314 said:
I'm no expert but it looks to me like it tells you which code to replace and what to attempt to replace it with. Did you try this?

I'm no expert either (believe me :) ).

However looking at what the links say and looking at the Error.cs script it seems the file needs a total rewrite. That is beyond me so that is why I was acting on the suggestion

"check if he released another version and if not try to contact him to see if he has something in the works"

Maybe I can comment out some of the error lines. I will certainly be changing the lines that has information being sent to his email address.

Soulshifter

Wanderer
romanthebrain;850261 said:
can anyone upload a working copy of this system for RunUO 2.0 Final?

I was using this with Callandor2k 2.0 Final/ML and it worked fine. Not the case since upgrading to SA sadly :(

Help me put this in right plz

Ok heres whats going on i have it put in my custom folder it adds it in no errors then i click on the chat bar at the top of my screen it has me make a new channel now i am not sure if it is in right but it only lets me put in a channel name and nothing else and the channel name i put in doesnt even show up ??? plz help gulp.:confused::confused::confused:
p.s. i never put a chat system in befor so if u wanna put it in for me let me know lol:eek:

Phr3d13

Sorceror
Jasmine69;865542 said:
Ok heres whats going on i have it put in my custom folder it adds it in no errors then i click on the chat bar at the top of my screen it has me make a new channel now i am not sure if it is in right but it only lets me put in a channel name and nothing else and the channel name i put in doesnt even show up ??? plz help gulp.:confused::confused::confused:
p.s. i never put a chat system in befor so if u wanna put it in for me let me know lol:eek:

it doesn't use the uo chat button. You use [c for public chat, and [g for guild chat. I'm pretty sure there's a readme somewhere, or check the first post for details.

Pr3d13;865570 said:
it doesn't use the uo chat button. You use [c for public chat, and [g for guild chat. I'm pretty sure there's a readme somewhere, or check the first post for details.

the [c doesnt work nor does [cs to setup a channel and when i unzip what is in the folder it comes out as a .o file ?????

Phr3d13

Sorceror
Jasmine69;865602 said:
the [c doesnt work nor does [cs to setup a channel and when i unzip what is in the folder it comes out as a .o file ?????

Try this, it's a rar, seems that runuo is still messing up zips for some people.

edit: on a side note, i use google chrome and i never seem to have that problem with the zips.

Attachments

• Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9.rar
    106.3 KB · Views: 103
Ty Pr3d13

Pr3d13;865603 said:
Try this, it's a rar, seems that runuo is still messing up zips for some people.

edit: on a side note, i use google chrome and i never seem to have that problem with the zips.

ty ty soooo much that help us out cuz we been work on this chat thing for the last 4 days with out no sleep .. :):):):):)

JamzeMcC

Squire
As there is already a party chat in RunUO, I just removed chat3party.cs Everything compiled, no errors and have not had any further issues.

Unred

Sorceror
I removed Chat3Party.CS and it compiled, but now all I see on most of the menu's is Local Error. [c works, [g works, etc.. but all my gumps are littered with Local Error

Anyone know a fix to this?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Local Error...? Never had an issue like that with this system, and I've used it on multiple shards and on different versions of RunUO even. Post a screen shot of the issue you're having, perhaps we can help you get it sorted. =P

Hands Of God

Sorceror
I removed Chat3Party.CS and it compiled, but now all I see on most of the menu's is Local Error. [c works, [g works, etc.. but all my gumps are littered with Local Error

Anyone know a fix to this?

This worked for me.

Make this....
Code:
                foreach (Data data in Data.Datas.Values)
                    if (data.GlobalW && !p.Members.Contains(data.Mobile))
                        data.Mobile.SendMessage(data.GlobalWC, "(Global) <World->Party> {0}: {1}", from.Name, text);

Look like this...
Code:
                foreach (Data data in Data.Datas.Values)
                    if (data.GlobalW && !p.Contains(data.Mobile))
                        data.Mobile.SendMessage(data.GlobalWC, "(Global) <World->Party> {0}: {1}", from.Name, text);

And your good to go. it works and does not give them Errors in game

shackal

Sorceror
Any idea?

Server Crash Report
===================
RunUO Version 2.1, Build 4100.21604
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.3620
Time: 3/5/2011 10:04:21
Mobiles: 37062
Items: 187444
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Knives.Chat3.ListGump10.BuildTabs(Int32 width, Int32 y)
at Knives.Chat3.ListGump10.BuildGump()
at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump(Boolean clear)
at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump()
at Server.Timer.DelayCallTimer.OnTick() in c:\Scripts UO\sa-project\sa-project\Server\Timer.cs:line 561
at Server.Timer.Slice() in c:\Scripts UO\sa-project\sa-project\Server\Timer.cs:line 386
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Scripts UO\sa-project\sa-project\Server\Main.cs:line 517
Clients:
- Count: 4

Server Crash

shackal

Sorceror
Well, do not know c # well yet, but I decided to crash my problem up with the changes below:

General.cs
Code:
  case Skin.Three:
                    new ListGump(m, page);
                    break;
                default:
                    new ListGump20(m, page);
                    break;
              //  default:
               //     new ListGump10(m, page);
               //     break;

Near line 363, 20 default skin became routine and commented skin 10.

And near line 390, became this routine same above.

Code:
 public static void PmNotify(Mobile m)
        {
            switch (Data.GetData(m).MenuSkin)
            {
                case Skin.Three:
                    new PmNotifyGump(m);
                    break;
                default:
                    new PmNotifyGump20(m);
                    break;
               // default:
                  //  new PmNotifyGump10(m);
                  //  break;
Now i have three skins working in RunUO 2.1 SA project, and no crash.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
what's up with this thread? i keep trying to check my email notifications, but it keeps saying
Code:
RunUO Community - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.