RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

Rosey1

Wanderer
GhostRiderGrey;776876 said:
Wow Razzles, TY. Quick question. In the latest revision of Xanthos jail, he changed the namespace
Code:
Changed the namespace from the SpeechCop to JailSystem
would this make a difference in your line of code?
Code:
Xanthos.SpeechCop.Jail.CheckChatSpeech(m, msg);
should SpeechCop be JailSystem? I will test tonight when I get home from work and see what works.

Thanks again!
-GhostRiderGrey

*EDIT* Just checked and SpeechCop does need to be changed to JailSystem
Code:
Xanthos.JailSystem.Jail.CheckChatSpeech(m, msg);
this allows it to compile. Will test functionality tonight.
Thanks!!

Ok so where did you stick that? I'm confused about that.

Rosey1

Wanderer
What are you seeing? You should be getting a folder with other folders and Jail.cs and RUOVersion.cs in the main folder.

razzles

Wanderer
oldschool-3038;777367 said:
hey just tried downloading it for like the millionth time and after i extract it its not a cs file. Something wroung here?

Don't forget, the forums are double zipping alot of files. Rename the extracted file with a .zip extension and you should be able to open it to get the files and folders.

GhostRiderGrey

Sorceror
Boulder, yes there is. Type [c then hit the M in the upper left corner of the gump. In the window that appears, under options, click the button next to Global. Here you can select which global listen options you would like. (Chat, World, Messages, Guild, Faction or IRC)

Hope that helps,
-GhostRiderGrey

Trip3033

Sorceror
for some reason i get these chat error log i think there somthing wrong on gumps or somthing check it out:
Code:
An error occured during a gump. More information can be found on the console.
then i get this on console:
Code:
Sound Down gump name triggered an error.
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
mscorlib
   at System.Collections.Hashtable.HashtableEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at Knives.Chat3.Data.set_DefaultSound(Int32 value)
   at Knives.Chat3.MailGump.SoundDown()
   at Knives.Chat3.ButtonPlus.Invoke()
   at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)

and somtimes it crashs my server. anyone have any ideas?

tristar

Wanderer
ok, I have read thru the entire thread and haven't seen this issue yet. For some reason, none of my players can send pm's anymore. Staff can only send them to someone a lower rank than they are. Nothing was changed in the script. I have even tried uninstalling the chat system and re-installing with a new copy. I'm not getting any errors or crashes, just no mssg option anymore. Anyone else seen this happen or am I just missing something simple?

greywolf79

Sorceror
tristar;784039 said:
ok, I have read thru the entire thread and haven't seen this issue yet. For some reason, none of my players can send pm's anymore. Staff can only send them to someone a lower rank than they are. Nothing was changed in the script. I have even tried uninstalling the chat system and re-installing with a new copy. I'm not getting any errors or crashes, just no mssg option anymore. Anyone else seen this happen or am I just missing something simple?

Sounds like an interesting problem. I have not had this problem with either my RC1 or RC2 shard. Definately something I would like to see a answer to though, as you never know when it might happen later.

Greywolf.

tristar

Wanderer
In doing some more research, I also realized that when I bring up my [mail menu, it shows o/o mssgs. I'm wondering if this means that somehow my mssg limit has been reset to 0? Is there a way to reset that limit without going into the scripts? I am running RC1 btw, if that helps any.

razzles

Wanderer
Not sure how that happened, but you can reset the chat back to defaults by shutting down the server and removing the ChatBeta folder from Saves and then restart.

nevar2006

Sorceror
i am using knives chat 3.0 and im trying to install xanthos jail system, i have followed all directions that both knives chat and xanthos gives, but it will not work if a player uses a jail word in the chat but it will work if they use a jail word in normal world talk. any ideas on how to get this sytem to work???

razzles

Wanderer
nevar2006;784166 said:
i am using knives chat 3.0 and im trying to install xanthos jail system, i have followed all directions that both knives chat and xanthos gives, but it will not work if a player uses a jail word in the chat but it will work if they use a jail word in normal world talk. any ideas on how to get this sytem to work???

Starting at post 512 on page 21: http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/71476-runuo-2-0-rc1-knives-chat-3-0-a-21.html#post776516

Oin Zea

Wanderer
I am Unsing RUNUO 2.0 RC2

Can anyone point me to where can I add a sound to the public chat?

What I need to do is play a sound everytime someone uses de [c. I know how to do the sound code but don't know where to add code.

Stuart lil

Sorceror
Wow alot of readingg hehe.

Im getting alot of errors from this system on the latest SVN with ML installed on the shard.

Are there known issues or incompability here ?

nadious

Sorceror
No. I fact, we are launching a shard this upcoming week with is running RunUO SVN #302, with ML #31 and we are using this very chat system. No problems, outside of the annoying 'length can't be less than zero' error message that I get, but does not effect the system at all.

UO_Talon

Sorceror
This is my crash report. Any idea's?

PHP:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2959.20979
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 9 warnings)
Warnings:
 + Customs/New/Mobiles/Bounty Hunter/Gumps/ChooseHunter.cs:
    CS0105: Line 7: The using directive for 'Server.Items' appeared previously i
n this namespace
 + Customs/New/Mobiles/Bounty Hunter/Gumps/ChooseTargetGump.cs:
    CS0105: Line 8: The using directive for 'Server.Items' appeared previously i
n this namespace
 + Customs/New/Mobiles/Bounty Hunter/Gumps/ConfirmTarget.cs:
    CS0105: Line 8: The using directive for 'Server.Items' appeared previously i
n this namespace
 + Customs/New/Mobiles/Bounty Hunter/Gumps/SetReward.cs:
    CS0105: Line 7: The using directive for 'Server.Items' appeared previously i
n this namespace
 + Customs/New/Mobiles/Bounty Hunter/Mobiles/BountyHunter.cs:
    CS0108: Line 388: 'Server.Mobiles.BountyCheckTimer.Delay' hides inherited me
mber 'Server.Timer.Delay'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
 + Customs/New/Mobiles/Quest/Possession Quest/Mobiles/Alozar.cs:
    CS0219: Line 30: The variable 'hairHue' is assigned but its value is never u
sed
 + Customs/New/Mobiles/Quest/Ghostly Blacksmith Quest/Mobiles/StarMetalGolem.cs:
    CS0162: Line 72: Unreachable code detected
    CS0162: Line 78: Unreachable code detected
    CS0162: Line 89: Unreachable code detected
 + Customs/New/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9/Gumps/Error Reporting/Errors.cs:
    CS0618: Line 91: 'System.Web.Mail.MailMessage' is obsolete: 'The recommended
 alternative is System.Net.Mail.MailMessage. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?lin
kid=14202'
    CS0618: Line 91: 'System.Web.Mail.MailMessage' is obsolete: 'The recommended
 alternative is System.Net.Mail.MailMessage. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?lin
kid=14202'
    CS0618: Line 102: 'System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail' is obsolete: 'The recommended a
lternative is System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid
=14202'
 + Customs/New/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9/General/MultiConnection.cs:
    CS0168: Line 65: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
    CS0168: Line 134: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
    CS0168: Line 165: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
    CS0168: Line 184: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
    CS0168: Line 201: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
    CS0168: Line 252: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
Errors:
 + Customs/New/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9/General/Filter.cs:
    CS0103: Line 53: The name 'ChatJail' does not exist in the current context
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.