RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Lucid's <<_Advanced Archery_>>

otimpyre

Sorceror
Had same idea. Be cool if they froze them and hued them ice blue until effect wore off like old school osi glacial staffs. Would however throw off the balance of all the other arrows. Thats probably why it wasnt implemented.

Elvent

Page
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3567.2838
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
+ PlayerMobile.cs:
    CS0105: Line 26: The using directive for 'Server.Engines.Craft' appeared pre
viously in this namespace
Errors:
+ Items/Weapons/Ranged/BaseRanged.cs:
    CS0506: Line 172: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged.OnHit(Server.Mobile, Server.Mobil
e)': cannot override inherited member 'Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Server.Mobi
le, Server.Mobile)' because it is not marked virtual, abstract, or override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

What is problem ? :S

Goldd88

Wanderer
I hope some knowledgeable people still read this thread. So i installed the script and it works fine no errors. My main concerns are 1. How do you aqquire the fletcher scissors without having a GM create them for you? 2. How do you get the stringers and dipping tubs without a GM creating them for you? And 3. What do the gears do? How do i use them? And how do i obtain them? Is there a mob players have to kill for different types of string or gears? Or is there a way to craft it? Same with the dipping tubs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LordHogFred

Knight
You'll need to implement ways of acquiring the items yourself.
For example you could the new tools to vendors or add them to mobs loot lists, the system does not distribute the items, that's down to you to decide how best to do it.

Goldd88

Wanderer
Ah i see. Could you possibly point me to some type of guide on how to add it as mob loot but maybe have a small chance to drop? And also do you know what the gears are for? I cant figure it out been working on this set of scripts for hours lol.

Alvin D.

Sorceror
Anyone have luck with adding this to 2.2 svn? I made the changes as per the instructions and had tons of issues.

Hello everyone. Sorry about my disappearance. All apologies for any issues you might have. I'm not really up to date on the newest release. I have been putting myself through school over the last 4 years. This community has inspired me to be a programmer and I am very grateful to Ryan and his team and many friends in RunUO. I was always grateful for the fan mail and appreciate the ideas that have been thrown at me.

1. How do you aqquire the fletcher scissors without having a GM create them for you? 2. How do you get the stringers and dipping tubs without a GM creating them for you? And 3. What do the gears do? How do i use them? And how do i obtain them? Is there a mob players have to kill for different types of string or gears? Or is there a way to craft it? Same with the dipping tubs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The idea was to make a fletcher vendor for some items and add other items to drops or rewards. I never got around to it because I was overwhelmed with so many systems. My fault of course. I just had too many ideas and very little time. The strings have different durabilities ... the better the string type the longer it lasts. The idea here was that only a GM fletcher can change strings which would make a way for a fletcher to make money and make the skill more valuable/needed. There are a lot of imbalances in UO and some things are just too boring ... thus the reason behind Advanced Archery ... to make archery fun. If I remember right the gears where a way of making a bow more powerful. The gears would add more pounds per pull and delivering more damage. Again only a GM fletcher would have the ability to change the gears. Fletchers have a boring UO life and need more to do lol. Poor guys.

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3567.2838
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
+ PlayerMobile.cs:
CS0105: Line 26: The using directive for 'Server.Engines.Craft' appeared pre
viously in this namespace
Errors:
+ Items/Weapons/Ranged/BaseRanged.cs:
CS0506: Line 172: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged.OnHit(Server.Mobile, Server.Mobil
e)': cannot override inherited member 'Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Server.Mobi
le, Server.Mobile)' because it is not marked virtual, abstract, or override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

What is problem ? :S

This problem is simple enough ... it means that the OnHit method is missing one of these words on line # 172: virtual, abstract, or override. The best way to find out what word is missing is to look at the original BaseRanged script and look at it's OnHit method. I'm guessing that it is an override though. Hope that helps :) I don't have the scripts in front of me at the moment otherwise I could show u the code. I'm sure u'll know what I'm talking about though.

I hope some knowledgeable people still read this thread. So i installed the script and it works fine no errors. My main concerns are 1. How do you aqquire the fletcher scissors without having a GM create them for you? 2. How do you get the stringers and dipping tubs without a GM creating them for you? And 3. What do the gears do? How do i use them? And how do i obtain them? Is there a mob players have to kill for different types of string or gears? Or is there a way to craft it? Same with the dipping tubs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Custom BOD System had an option to migrate Advanced Archery into it where some of these items would be given as crafting awards. I think I made a mistake by offering these options in one thread. I prolly should have released these combos as separate systems.

Some items are supposed to be drops (strings, gears).

Anyone have luck with adding this to 2.2 svn? I made the changes as per the instructions and had tons of issues.

Post some of the issues u r having and maybe one of us can help u through the errors. I'm behind the times and would have to download the latest release but I will help u the best I can.

Hello there lucid, any plans on updating your systems? I think they are all genius, but such a pain to implement. I get a lot of errors, and with the way my buds are, I don't have time to prick it little by little. They expect it done in 5mins ( neither of the script whatsoever). An I think you could add some more cool things, too.

nah, its not just that. given enough time, i can do it, but i think that an update is just what this system needs. new features might be nice :) idk, i just have been a fan of his stuff, and i think if he wanted, he could improve it a ton