RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Lucid's <<_Advanced Archery_>>

ratzerna

Sorceror
See the installation instructions for the old 2.0.3c version of Advanced Archery in the Custom Script Archives:

http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60516&highlight=Advanced+Archery

Regards,
Ratzerna

tramper said:
i got this eror
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2213 items, 543 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
 - Type: Server.Items.Bow
 - Serial: 0x40018378
Delete the object? (y/n)
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=True, mobiles=False, guilds=False, type=Ser
ver.Items.Bow, serial=0x40018378) ---> System.Exception: ***** Bad serialize on
Server.Items.Bow *****
   at Server.World.Load()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Server.World.Load()
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

ratzerna

Sorceror
Woops... Sorry about that. I just let my server delete the items and restart after each one. But then again It's only my test server. I saw the previous Installation Instructions and saw reference to the additional steps, but didn't know which direction would have had to happen. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks,
Ratzerna

Lucid Nagual said:
No, no no!!! Don't do that. You need to reverse that installation. And revert back to zero.

ratzerna

Woops... Sorry about that. I just let my server delete the items and restart after each one. But then again It's only my test server. I saw the previous Installation Instructions and saw reference to the additional steps, but didn't know which direction would have had to happen. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks,
Ratzerna
Those that have this system perviously and got it to work with 2.0 will have to do a rollback to version 0 again. I will give a set of instructions on how to do this when I get a chance.

This new system doesn't require any modifications in serialization.

Tannis

Knight
We installed this on our test shard to play around with and Tintamar noticed that while yes it is very very slow to shoot, if you hover your mouse over the arrows, the count goes down very steadily and much faster than you shoot. It doesn't seem like there's a pattern to it either. Starting from 100, it would shoot 2 in a row, then the arrow count would go steadily down to 90. One more shot and it counted down 20 arrows with no shot. This isn't a complaint, just wondering if this would help fix the problem or not. It doesn't seem like repeatedly opening and closing the quiver helps any either.

Tannis

We installed this on our test shard to play around with and Tintamar noticed that while yes it is very very slow to shoot, if you hover your mouse over the arrows, the count goes down very steadily and much faster than you shoot. It doesn't seem like there's a pattern to it either. Starting from 100, it would shoot 2 in a row, then the arrow count would go steadily down to 90. One more shot and it counted down 20 arrows with no shot. This isn't a complaint, just wondering if this would help fix the problem or not. It doesn't seem like repeatedly opening and closing the quiver helps any either.
Thanks for the report. Unfortunately, I jumped too quickly into updating the CFTB BOD system and have more than I bargained for lol. It will be a few days before I can jump back into this project again. However, there are a few people testing it for me and trying to find a solution. All ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Attention:

~Attention:~

I failed to mention that AOS needs to be edited. The modification can be found in post #1. I will eventually provide it in the bundle but I have many personal modifications I must remove first, thank you.

Hello all. I'm not much of a scripter yet but I will share what I've found concerning this. I got the same result as Tannis; ammo would wind down steadily but only one shot would actually be fired after wasting a lot of ammo. The quivers lower ammo cost is set for 10% or 20%. I noticed by raising the percentage on the quiver the weapon would fire more often, but the ammo would still wind down occasionally. If you set it to 100% you will fire correctly every time (but of course wasting 0 ammo). So it seems the lower ammo cost and firing rate are messing with eachother somehow. Hope this helps.

-Captaincaveman

Tannis

Knight
captaincaveman said:
Hello all. I'm not much of a scripter yet but I will share what I've found concerning this. I got the same result as Tannis; ammo would wind down steadily but only one shot would actually be fired after wasting a lot of ammo. The quivers lower ammo cost is set for 10% or 20%. I noticed by raising the percentage on the quiver the weapon would fire more often, but the ammo would still wind down occasionally. If you set it to 100% you will fire correctly every time (but of course wasting 0 ammo). So it seems the lower ammo cost and firing rate are messing with eachother somehow. Hope this helps.

-Captaincaveman
Nice find Captain!! That will help Lucid a lot withfixing this I bet!

-Captaincaveman
Excellent find!!!
Bad thing is my test server has been full of errors the past couple of weeks. I have been trying to update CFTB BOD System. In order to do that I have to update FS Taming and OWLTR as well :( The good news is I'm down to 5 errors, but I'm having a hard time figuring them out. On top of that I'm working another 10 days in a row :( I promise that once CFTB is finished I will jump back into this quickly. I found the reason why I can't serialize with a version number, so there will be two reasons to jump back into this. Thank you for your patience.

Your work is greatly appreciated. You've done an excellent job thus far. The only other thing that I don't understand is why you can't drag and drop arrows and bolts into the quivers. You can drag a bow into them, but if you try to do so with arrows they will dissapear. Thanks for the great work!

Zziggy5000

Wanderer
well it all works...

Ok like the sys but when i got to the playtesting point my char is not shooting at all anymore?????

no matter which arrows i use this is kinda disturbing

Zziggy5000

Wanderer
Ok..

Quivers are broaken they dont show up in 3d wich means instead of modding the already there code you did something fun and custom... also did you take juka bows into account? or spellcrafting code those might be some of the reasons i cannot shoot. Funny when i double click ettins with my oner accesslevel player the ettins now run away from me there is something majorly incompatable with this script i think.

If you have any insight let me know pleas

Zziggy5000

Quivers are broaken they dont show up in 3d wich means instead of modding the already there code you did something fun and custom... also did you take juka bows into account? or spellcrafting code those might be some of the reasons i cannot shoot. Funny when i double click ettins with my oner accesslevel player the ettins now run away from me there is something majorly incompatable with this script i think.

If you have any insight let me know pleas
The slow firing of ammo hasn't been resolved yet.

And... I don't use 3D so why would I test it? There are many things that don't work in 3D including a hue, so why use it? EA Games has done a craptastic job with that client.
Code:
[SIZE=2]public class JukaBow : Bow
[/SIZE]
....And why would I mode a JukaBow that uses Bow as a parent class?

...And my bows have nothing to do with clicking on Ettins. Check an AI that you might have edited.

...Or don't use this system.

I will work on this when I get done with my current project, or when I get a day off which won't be for another 3 days. Then I go back for another 6.

Zziggy5000

Wanderer
Juka bow

the bow cannot change to a type of arrow at all it give the message it has already been modified.

I have 3d user and like the 3d client if some you work with whats there it can run smoothly for both users... Also noticed that yes i am firing something at 100dex it took forever to even hit the ettins i find it funny because i have played on a server that had arrows close to this that work for both clients the hues on the arrows show up fin in 3d but the elvan quiver shows up as black on the paper doll... also the custom quiver is non existent for 3d which is silly because you can hue mod quivers that are pre existing love the code but it can be friendly to both clients.

Zziggy5000

the bow cannot change to a type of arrow at all it give the message it has already been modified.

I have 3d user and like the 3d client if some you work with whats there it can run smoothly for both users... Also noticed that yes i am firing something at 100dex it took forever to even hit the ettins i find it funny because i have played on a server that had arrows close to this that work for both clients the hues on the arrows show up fin in 3d but the elvan quiver shows up as black on the paper doll... also the custom quiver is non existent for 3d which is silly because you can hue mod quivers that are pre existing the bow cannot change to a type of arrow at all it give the message it has already been modified.

I have 3d user and like the 3d client if some you work with whats there it can run smoothly for both users... Also noticed that yes i am firing something at 100dex it took forever to even hit the ettins i find it funny because i have played on a server that had arrows close to this that work for both clients the hues on the arrows show up fin in 3d but the elvan quiver shows up as black on the paper doll... also the custom quiver is non existent for 3d which is silly because you can hue mod quivers that are pre existing love the code but it can be friendly to both clients.but it can be friendly to both clients.
If your bow can then your juka bow can. And no I will not be modifying this for 3D you can.
love the code
Code your own. And I will goto work. Bye.

Zziggy5000

Wanderer
captaincaveman said:
Your work is greatly appreciated. You've done an excellent job thus far. The only other thing that I don't understand is why you can't drag and drop arrows and bolts into the quivers. You can drag a bow into them, but if you try to do so with arrows they will dissapear. Thanks for the great work!

that might have to do with the quivers being scrippted for a bodylocation every quiver script i have seen so far messes up the arrows bad and they are all constatnly black on the paper doll in 3d could it be something to do with the base code of the quivers?

BTW i love this script i am going to do my best to get it working with 3d

Zziggy5000

that might have to do with the quivers being scrippted for a bodylocation every quiver script i have seen so far messes up the arrows bad and they are all constatnly black on the paper doll in 3d could it be something to do with the base code of the quivers?

BTW i love this script i am going to do my best to get it working with 3d
If you get this working in 3D let me know and I will update the package. My job has got me by the balls right now and I have one last error to fix in CFTB then I can spring back into this project. Now....off to work I go *whistles*