RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Lucid's <<_Advanced Archery_>>

datguy

Sorceror
The quiver has a LowerAmmoCost, so it'll fire every so often even with no arrows. A bit higher up in the onfired method you can take out the code that does it

if (attacker.Player && quiver != null && quiver.LowerAmmoCost > Utility.Random(100))
{
attacker.MovingEffect(defender, EffectID, 18, 1, false, false);
return true;
}

Doesn't look for ammo in there, just the quiver, so add a check for at least some ammo.

Edit, not tested but this might work, since the quiver only accept 1 item
Code:
            if (attacker.Player && quiver != null && quiver.LowerAmmoCost > Utility.Random(100) && quiver.TotalItems > 0)
            {
                attacker.MovingEffect(defender, EffectID, 18, 1, false, false);
                return true;
            }

GhostRiderGrey

Sorceror
datguy, thank you for the explanation of what is happening. Tried the suggested code to no avail, its still shooting with no arrows. I have a better understanding though, and will continue to try and come up with a solution.

Thanks
-GhostRiderGrey

peepeetree

Sorceror
If you already have ML installed what do you need to do to get this working on your shard? I tried replacing all the ML files with the files in the Advanced Archery pack and it didn't work. Is there maybe a version that works with ML installations? I did a search on the site here and couldn't find anything, any suggestions?

homergz

Sorceror
peepeetree;773428 said:
If you already have ML installed what do you need to do to get this working on your shard? I tried replacing all the ML files with the files in the Advanced Archery pack and it didn't work. Is there maybe a version that works with ML installations? I did a search on the site here and couldn't find anything, any suggestions?

Please post your errors.

peepeetree

Sorceror
Ok first I get these errors..
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3118.36516
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (4 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Nerun's Distro/Customs/[RC2] Advanced Archery 4.0/Scripts/Customs/Lucid's Sys
tems/Advanced Archery/Items/Quivers/BaseQuiver.cs:
    CS0101: Line 25: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'BaseQuiver'
tems/Advanced Archery/Items/Quivers/ElvenQuiver.cs:
    CS0101: Line 22: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'ElvenQuiver'
 + Nerun's Distro/Customs/[RC2] Advanced Archery 4.0/Scripts/Items/Weapons/ML We
apons/ElvenCompositeLongbow.cs:
    CS0101: Line 23: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'ElvenCompositeLongbow'
apons/MagicalShortbow.cs:
    CS0101: Line 23: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'MagicalShortbow'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

So then I remove all the items giving me the errors and just leave the ones that come from the Advanced Archery Script as the error was saying I had two copies of each and then I get these errors.

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 8 warnings)
Warnings:
Errors:
 + Mondain's Legacy/Items/Armor/Marksman Set Armor/Feathernock.cs:
    CS0115: Line 11: 'Server.Items.Feathernock.SetID': no suitable method found
to override
    CS0115: Line 12: 'Server.Items.Feathernock.Pieces': no suitable method found
 to override

Ok so I will just remove the set as the quiver is not coded for the script for the time being until I can get back to it and then I get these errors. :eek:

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (20 errors, 10 warnings)
Warnings:
tems/Advanced Archery/Items/Quivers/BaseQuiver.cs:
    CS0108: Line 50: 'Server.Items.BaseQuiver.Crafter' hides inherited member 'S
erver.Items.BaseContainer.Crafter'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
    CS0114: Line 281: 'Server.Items.BaseQuiver.OnCraft(int, bool, Server.Mobile,
 Server.Engines.Craft.CraftSystem, System.Type, Server.Items.BaseTool, Server.En
gines.Craft.CraftItem, int)' hides inherited member 'Server.Items.BaseContainer.
OnCraft(int, bool, Server.Mobile, Server.Engines.Craft.CraftSystem, System.Type,
 Server.Items.BaseTool, Server.Engines.Craft.CraftItem, int)'. To make the curre
nt member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add
the new keyword.
Errors:
 + Items/Weapons/BaseWeapon.cs:
    CS0117: Line 1568: 'Server.Items.BaseQuiver' does not contain a definition f
or 'DamageIncrease'
 + Items/Weapons/Ranged/BaseRanged.cs:
    CS0117: Line 121: 'Server.Items.BaseQuiver' does not contain a definition fo
r 'ConsumeAmmo'
    CS0117: Line 156: 'Server.Items.BaseQuiver' does not contain a definition fo
r 'DamageModifier'
    CS0117: Line 158: 'Server.Items.BaseQuiver' does not contain a definition fo
r 'GetDamageTypes'
apons/ElvenCompositeLongbow.cs:
    CS0103: Line 29: The name 'GetArrowSelected' does not exist in the current c
ontext
    CS0103: Line 30: The name 'AmmoArrowSelected' does not exist in the current
context
tems/Advanced Archery/Items/Quivers/ElvenQuiver.cs:
    CS0127: Line 50: Since 'Server.Items.ElvenQuiver.OnRemoved(object)' returns
void, a return keyword must not be followed by an object expression
 + Mondain's Legacy/Items/Clothing/QuiverOfBlight.cs:
    CS0103: Line 15: The name 'DamageModifier' does not exist in the current con
text
    CS0103: Line 16: The name 'DamageModifier' does not exist in the current con
text
 + Mondain's Legacy/Items/Clothing/QuiverOfFire.cs:
text
text
 + Mondain's Legacy/Items/Clothing/QuiverOfIce.cs:
text
text
 + Mondain's Legacy/Items/Clothing/QuiverOfInfinity.cs:
    CS0103: Line 18: The name 'WeightReduction' does not exist in the current co
ntext
 + Mondain's Legacy/Items/Clothing/QuiverOfLightning.cs:
text
text
 + Mondain's Legacy/Items/Minor Artifacts/QuiverOfElements.cs:
    CS1501: Line 10: No overload for method 'BaseQuiver' takes '0' arguments
    CS0103: Line 17: The name 'DamageModifier' does not exist in the current con
text
    CS0103: Line 19: The name 'WeightReduction' does not exist in the current co
ntext
 + Mondain's Legacy/Items/Minor Artifacts/QuiverOfRage.cs:
    CS1501: Line 10: No overload for method 'BaseQuiver' takes '0' arguments
text
text
    CS0103: Line 17: The name 'DamageModifier' does not exist in the current con
text
    CS0103: Line 19: The name 'WeightReduction' does not exist in the current co
ntext
    CS0103: Line 20: The name 'DamageIncrease' does not exist in the current con
text
apons/MagicalShortbow.cs:
    CS0103: Line 29: The name 'GetArrowSelected' does not exist in the current c
ontext
    CS0103: Line 30: The name 'AmmoArrowSelected' does not exist in the current
context
 + Mondain's Legacy/Mobiles/Prism of Light/ShimmeringEffusion.cs:
    CS0246: Line 84: The type or namespace name 'Feathernock' could not be found
 (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS1502: Line 84: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobile.AddToBa
ckpack(Server.Item)' has some invalid arguments
    CS1503: Line 84: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'Feathernock' to 'Server.
Item'
    CS0246: Line 85: The type or namespace name 'Swiftflight' could not be found
 (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS1502: Line 85: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobile.AddToBa
ckpack(Server.Item)' has some invalid arguments
    CS1503: Line 85: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'Swiftflight' to 'Server.
Item'
 + Mondain's Legacy/Mobiles/Twisted Weald/DreadHorn.cs:
    CS0246: Line 135: The type or namespace name 'Feathernock' could not be foun
d (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS1502: Line 135: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Items.Contain
er.DropItem(Server.Item)' has some invalid arguments
    CS1503: Line 135: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'Feathernock' to 'Server
.Item'
tems/Advanced Archery/Items/Quivers/UltimateQuiver.cs:
    CS0127: Line 50: Since 'Server.Items.UltimateQuiver.OnRemoved(object)' retur
ns void, a return keyword must not be followed by an object expression
tems/Advanced Archery/Targeting/BowTarget.cs:
    CS0117: Line 43: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition for
 'BaseRangedModule'
tems/Advanced Archery/Targeting/CrossbowTarget.cs:
    CS0117: Line 43: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition for
 'BaseRangedModule'
tems/Advanced Archery/Targeting/CutStringTarget.cs:
    CS0117: Line 44: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition for
 'BaseRangedModule'
tems/Advanced Archery/Targeting/StringerTarget.cs:
    CS0117: Line 45: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition for
 'BaseRangedModule'
tems/Advanced Archery/MoreBaseRanged.cs:
    CS0117: Line 205: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition fo
r 'BaseRangedModule'
    CS0117: Line 308: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition fo
r 'BaseRangedModule'
    CS0117: Line 356: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition fo
r 'BaseRangedModule'
    CS0117: Line 379: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition fo
r 'BaseRangedModule'
    CS0117: Line 409: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition fo
r 'BaseRangedModule'
    CS0117: Line 423: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition fo
r 'BaseRangedModule'
    CS0117: Line 34: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition for
 'PlayerFreezeTimer'
    CS0117: Line 35: 'Server.Items.BaseRanged' does not contain a definition for
 'NPCFreezeTimer'

:mad:

So I am guessing that what I really need to be doing is adding in the code to each file I replaced as something is not working with something else due to the files in Advanced Archery maybe not being updated to ML? I am very new at this so I am probably wrong on that but that is the only guess I have at this point.

I should also say I tried both the version I get off of this thread Lucid Nagual's Advanced Archery v[2]0.3c and [RC2] Advanced Archery 4.0 and have the same problem.

jokik

Sorceror
hi just wandering if someone could quickly give me a fix on this , thanks in advance :D

Attachments

• eror.jpg
    eror.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 101
  • ArcaneForm.cs
    1.4 KB · Views: 19

wiccawolves

Sorceror
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Custom/Lucid's Systems/Modules/PlayerModule.cs:
CS0104: Line 119: 'HuntMode' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mobil
es.HuntMode' and 'Server.Enums.HuntMode'
CS0104: Line 120: 'HuntRank' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mobil
es.HuntRank' and 'Server.Enums.HuntRank'
CS0104: Line 121: 'HuntReward' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mob
iles.HuntReward' and 'Server.Enums.HuntReward'
CS0104: Line 421: 'HuntMode' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mobil
CS0104: Line 424: 'HuntRank' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mobil
CS0104: Line 427: 'HuntReward' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mob

helba

Wanderer
I have this error too

wiccawolves;784766 said:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Custom/Lucid's Systems/Modules/PlayerModule.cs:
CS0104: Line 119: 'HuntMode' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mobil
CS0104: Line 120: 'HuntRank' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mobil
CS0104: Line 121: 'HuntReward' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mob
CS0104: Line 421: 'HuntMode' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mobil
CS0104: Line 424: 'HuntRank' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mobil
CS0104: Line 427: 'HuntReward' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Mob

DarkRanger89

Wanderer
For some reason my stringers are not working. I can double click the bow and target the stringer and it does nothing. Not even tell me it can't. It just acts like I'm not doing anything. Any ideas how to fix this?

DarkRanger89;866751 said:
For some reason my stringers are not working. I can double click the bow and target the stringer and it does nothing. Not even tell me it can't. It just acts like I'm not doing anything. Any ideas how to fix this?
Selecting a Stringer will only work, If the Bow does not have allready one.
If it has, you can remove it using the Bower's Scissor.

DarkRanger89

Wanderer
Code:
/*  _________________________________
 -=(_)_______________________________)=-
   /   .   .   . ____  . ___      _/
  /~ /    /   / /     / /   )2005 /
 (~ (____(___/ (____ / /___/     (
  \ ----------------------------- \
   \     [email protected]     \
    \_     ===================      \
     \   -Admin of "The Conjuring"-  \
      \_     ===================     ~\
       )      Advanced Archery         )
      /~      Version [2].0.1        _/
    _/_______________________________/
 -=(_)_______________________________)=-
 */
using System;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Targeting;

namespace Server.Items
{
	[FlipableAttribute(0x13B2, 0x13B1)]
	public class Bow : BaseRanged
	{
		public override int EffectID { get { return 0xF42; } }
		public override Type AmmoType { get { return GetArrowSelected(); } }
		public override Item Ammo { get { return AmmoArrowSelected(); } }

public override WeaponAbility PrimaryAbility { get { return WeaponAbility.ParalyzingBlow; } }
		public override WeaponAbility SecondaryAbility { get { return WeaponAbility.MortalStrike; } }

public override int AosStrengthReq { get { return 30; } }
		public override int AosMinDamage { get { return 16; } }
		public override int AosMaxDamage { get { return 18; } }
		public override int AosSpeed { get { return 25; } }

public override int OldStrengthReq { get { return 20; } }
		public override int OldMinDamage { get { return 9; } }
		public override int OldMaxDamage { get { return 41; } }
		public override int OldSpeed { get { return 20; } }

public override int DefMaxRange { get { return 10; } }

public override int InitMinHits { get { return 31; } }
		public override int InitMaxHits { get { return 60; } }

public override WeaponAnimation DefAnimation { get { return WeaponAnimation.ShootBow; } }

[Constructable]
		public Bow() : base(0x13B2)
		{
			Weight = 6.0;
			Layer = Layer.TwoHanded;
		}

public Bow(Serial serial) : base(serial)
		{
		}

public override void Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
		{
			base.Serialize(writer);
			writer.Write(( int )0 ); //Version Number
		}

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
		{
			base.Deserialize(reader);
			int version = reader.ReadInt();

if (Weight == 7.0)
				Weight = 6.0;

if (version == 0)
				version = 1;
		}
	}
}

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I curious if anyone has added this system to one of the newer SVN's. Like the ML or SA, or just the normal RunUO SVN. I'm about to attempt to add this to my SA shard, and I can tell before I start that it will most likely require a lot of work to get it working with the current setup. Due to the fact that Quivers are in the latest SVN, along with all the other bows, ect. Plus some methods have been changed.

I'll try to remember to post again once I get it working on my setup.

Eh, well I guess this post is meant for the newer version of Advanced Archery, not this old version. Same thing still applies though...but not using this version, instead I'm using the latest version of this script.

--------------

Mmk...here are my updates. I've got the system in, almost fully and working. Atm, everything is working fine. Only issue I ran into was the Quiver. Since it is highly different from the distro version, it will take me some time to look over the two and merge them (plus other scripts if needed.) But I do plan on getting around to merging the two Quivers together. So that the new bows will work with the new quivers...but at the same time. The new quivers will still function as the old ones, so the old custom quivers will still be in and can be used.

For the time being, I decided to just remove the quivers from this package. It's not really a big issue for me, I've decided to just mod my storage keys to hold the new ammo and have the bows take the ammo out of there. Which is what I would prefer anyways...just to keep item count down. Plus, so far I've made almost everything work with the keys on my shard. The distro Quiver is okay, nothing special. Although the quiver in this pack is pretty neat and I do like the ideas behind it. Such as the lower ammo cost and stuff. So when ever I get to it, I hope to merge the two. But for the time being, I have other major things I'm working on myself.

I love this system and have spent the last several hours and alot of tylenol getting this system into a SA shard. James 420 you are right about it being complicated but it can be done..

Weeble

Foster

Account Terminated
could you shed some insight to your wisdom then weeble please. on how this could be done ? sounds like great system

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I love this system and have spent the last several hours and alot of tylenol getting this system into a SA shard. James 420 you are right about it being complicated but it can be done..

Weeble

I know it can be done...I got it in my shard just fine. But I just decided to not bother with the quivers, since my shard already has most quivers (they're not the same as the ones in this package...not as awesome, but no biggy.)

Foster, if you follow the directions and merge the distro files slowly and carefully, you should be able to do it no problem.

To be honest the hardest part about putting it in was merging the new code with the old, and you can use the quivers but you have to mod them a little to make them work but the quivers that are in game can be modified to do the same as the ones in this package

otimpyre

Sorceror
How do you get the fletchers scissors? Other than [add fletcherscissors They meant to be tinker craftable? Or sellable? Or that all just up to admin?