RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Ultimate Paintball

aj9251

Sorceror
[RunUO 2.0 - 2.2] Ultima Paintball

Ultima Paintball
1.3.0 Stable

At long last the anticipated release of Ultima Paintball.
Thanks to all for waiting patiently, I have been extremely busy with school. Almost done Grade 12 then plan on taking computer programming in college/university.

Edit: I am now in college taking computer programming so have even less time than in High School but nevertheless I will try and update/repair this script as much as possible.​

Anyways enough about me, Here is the script details.

If you received any errors or crashes, please run your server in debug mode and post the error/crash as well as the steps taken to produce the result.

Any questions, comments or concerns are appreciated.​

Installation

Drag and drop

Current Version :

• 1.0.0 Beta - First stages, Awaiting Feedback.
  • 1.0.1 Beta - Added Feature to use Playerstorage at end of game.
  • 1.1.0 Stable - Increased stability greatly. Added option to play "Classic" Paintball or "AJMod" which toggles the usage of paintball grenades.
  • 1.2.0 - Fixed some issues with players loosing items and statcap.
  • 1.2.1 - Disabled players from joining while mounted.
  • 1.3.0 - Made some error/crash fixes that to my knowledge no one has encountered yet and now never will. Truncated players with long names so they're names can fit on the scoreboard/gm players gump properly. Fixed a few minor spelling mistakes. Set stone to change color (Green game open to join, Red game not open to join)
Description :

This Script is now considered Stable.

Closely related to A_Li_N's Paintball

Add Game Stone with [add PBGameItem
Players double click Game Stone. Stone will add player to the next open team. Stone stores players Stats/fame/karma/kills/skills and sets all skills/stats to 100. Player's items are then stripped off and banked in a bag. And the PBGame armor and weapon are added with the team hue. The Bow will automatically check to see if the defender is of a different team by checking the hue of their armor. When the player looses all their armor and is hit once more, they are teleported to the ExitDest.

Added Paintball grenades, Npcs and the ability for staff to participate as well.

This version has been almost completely rewritten to allow for more stable and smooth gameplay.

Attachments

• Ultima Paintball 1.3.0.zip
    26.1 KB · Views: 198

_Epila_

Sorceror
found a problem
when the game end, the system add a blue ticket to the player restore theis status/skills, but if the player do not want to use the ticket, it will remain with the modded status/skills/karma/etc...

aj9251

Sorceror
Yeah, the idea was to have a gate in the event room that when you left it would check to see if it was still in your pack and if it was it would not let you enter. However I will see what i can do.
That was the way it was in the original script.

This has been fixed Version 1.0.1 Please redownload above.

PandoraUO

Wanderer
I would love you very much if you could put a feature, that makes it fully automatic. people sign up -- there on a waiting thing, when stone gets like so many players each side it starts it?

ty! great stuff!

aj9251

Sorceror
romanthebrain;840220 said:
is it compatible with RunUO 2.0 Final?

Yes it is.

PandoraUO;840212 said:
I would love you very much if you could put a feature, that makes it fully automatic. people sign up -- there on a waiting thing, when stone gets like so many players each side it starts it?

ty! great stuff!

Good idea, when i get a chance i will mess around with this.

PandoraUO

Wanderer
awesome !!! :)

Side note -- Well I know I might be the fully live shard now pretty much with ful Stygian Abyss, but since Orbs project just got released (I dont use their project) a lot of chars will have gargoyles, actually a lot do already, maybe just not all their features yet.

I was gonna see if you could do if race = gargoyle it suites them up with their platemail instead of human ones

I would be more than willing to give ya the garg armor scripts etc.

ty for your work -- I will be adding this to a very live shard soon enough

romanthebrain

Sorceror
Yeah its a damn good script ,

but u have to notice that you can shoot through walls with your marker.

and it would be nice when:

How can i make this only shoot on doubleclick on enemy?

Hands Of God

Sorceror
For ppl with the newest svn and ml u have to do two things to get it to work right.

First in PBEquipment.cs u have to add the ML speed or the wep wont fire

Add the line in red
Code:
public override int AosSpeed{ get{ return 15; } }
[COLOR="Red"]public override float MlSpeed { get { return 2.5f; } }//For ML Change Speed Here[/COLOR]

Second for the system.collections.generic.list<server.skillname> error

Change this
Code:
			for( int i = 0; i < PowerScroll.Skills.Length; ++i )
				StoredSkills.Add( (double)m_Owner.Skills[PowerScroll.Skills[i]].Base );

To this
Code:
			for( int i = 0; i < PowerScroll.Skills.Count; ++i )
				StoredSkills.Add( (double)m_Owner.Skills[PowerScroll.Skills[i]].Base );

And in PBGameItem.cs

Change this
Code:
			for( int i = 0; i < PowerScroll.Skills.Length; i++ )
				player.Skills[PowerScroll.Skills[i]].Base = 0;

To this
Code:
			for( int i = 0; i < PowerScroll.Skills.Count; i++ )
				player.Skills[PowerScroll.Skills[i]].Base = 0;

Just thought i would share what i found.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
I got everything set up correctly, or so i think. It all compiles properly. But when players enter the game, no one can attack. i tried the fix that was posted earlier, but they still don't attack. even added in C.R.I.A.B, set all the props and flags to enable player fighting. Still nothing... Any ideas?

Running Gemuo (based off runuo 2.1)

Edit: NVM figured it out (was trying to set up paintball arena up on trammel)