RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Ultimate Paintball

aj9251

Sorceror
James420;866819 said:
Is PBTimer not needed any more? I noticed it wasn't included in the newest update.

No, i have redone the script to make the PBTimer Obsolete because it had some errors with it and it was rather unnecessary.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Yes, I noticed it myself when dropping the new one in. Only problem I had was with the Arrays, you had it set to use .Length instead of .Count

Code:
for( int i = 0; i < PowerScroll.Skills.Count; i++ )

Was an easy fix on my side, had to fix it in two scripts I believe.

Iraq-

Sorceror
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but on my server when i use this the stats remain at 100/100/100 even after the game is done. Im thinking its because you used str/dex/int instead of rawstr/rawdex/rawint but i could be wrong. i'm tweaking it now for my server, but otherwise i love this game - already built 2 arenas and ran it 3 times. great work :)

Iraq-

Sorceror
RunUO version 2.0 build 3567.2838

I switched it all over to raw___ instead, seems to work fine now. gotta wonder why it wasn't like that already.

aj9251

Sorceror
I find that very strange as i just tested it on my server with the same build and I have had no issues with the stats reverting back to the previous state. Perhaps it may be a PlayerMobile.cs edit you have made that would be causing this issue as to my knowledge no one else has reported this.

Iraq-

Sorceror
it may have something to do with the fact that my server has test server enabled. either way, nice system you've got here my players like it a lot.

aj9251

Sorceror
Yeah, that's probably what is affecting it. But I'm glad that you got it working for yourself and that you like it. :) Take Care.

shackal

Sorceror
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4053.32845
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Customs/Ultima Paintball Beta/PBGameItem.cs:
CS0117: Line 549: 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.SkillName>' does n
ot contain a definition for 'Length'
+ Customs/Ultima Paintball Beta/PBPlayerStorage.cs:
CS0117: Line 71: 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.SkillName>' does no
t contain a definition for 'Length'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Dont Work in 2.1?

tass23

Page
Noticed some odd things. A couple of players have reported some skills aren't returning to the level they were at before they entered the game. One player went from 120 magery to .5 and resisting spells went from 115 to 85. Some players gear is not being returned as well. A few players have reported losing their shields, all of which were artifacts, if that makes a difference.

aj9251

Sorceror
Sounds to me that they are trying to scam you, I could be wrong, but if it deleted their shield, then everything they were wearing (if equipt) or carrying (if in pack) would be gone as well. As for the skill, It is either restored or not, it should never be reduced. that is what makes me think that they are trying to scam you. If you are familiar with c# I encourage you to open pbgameitem.cs and find the storage method in there. You will notice that the script is basically all or nothing. I know I am being somewhat redundant, but I am just trying to explain this in terms most can understand incase anyone else encounters this. If I were you, I would make a test character wearing the artifacts and having the same skills as the ones affected. and run the character through the game about 10x ( just hit start and stop ) and if nothing is changed, then you will have you're answer. If not, let me know and ill look into it for you. Good Luck :)

tass23

Page
Thanks AJ, I'll look into more tomorrow and get back to you. So far, it's only been two characters that have reported this over about 20 games.

tass23

Page
Hi AJ,
We were able to duplicate the missing armor issue last night. When players get eliminated from the game and are teleported out, if they are holding a paintball grenade that's about to go off, as soon as it does, they lose a piece of their paintball armor, whichever piece they lose was consistent with the piece of their own armor they didn't get back. Also had it cause a server crash as well. This appears to also be tied to the players being able to keep paintball grenades even after the match is over.
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================
RunUO Version 2.1, Build 4059.32071
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.5420
Time: 3/21/2011 10:11:15 AM
Mobiles: 38155
Items: 214946
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBGrenade.Explode(Mobile from, Boolean direct, Point3D loc, Map map)
  at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBGrenade.Detonate_OnTick(Object state)
  at Server.Timer.DelayStateCallTimer.OnTick() in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Project 1\Server\Timer.cs:line 590
  at Server.Timer.Slice() in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Project 1\Server\Timer.cs:line 386
  at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in e:\Downloads\Run UO\Project 1\Server\Main.cs:line 517

Phr3d13

Sorceror
ok, i would recommend turning the grenades off then, i think there's a button on the main gump to use original or ajmod or something like that. pick original