RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Xanthos Auction System

Mexifoo

Wanderer
in the 1.0 vs i think that was in there but i have no clue if its still there

corbingene01 said:
Wow! nice script!!

I have a suggestion, I'm a noob at this but how hard would it be to have a buy now option? where a player can set a buy now price, and if i person uses that option before bidding gets that high the can get the item immediatly.

not sure how hard it would be, kinda baffles me lol

gandalf

Sorceror
Lost

When compiling the Auction script I'm getting and error generating in the AuctionItem.cs file as follows.......

`StringList' is an ambiguous reference between `Ultima.StringList' and `Server.StringList'

I've placed the Ultima.dll in the proper folder and edited the Assemblies.cfg file as well.

A nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Vertigo

Wanderer
im got some errors in parsing
Code:
Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser attempting to load Data/AuctionConfig.xml...
Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser success!

Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser error:
Input string was not in a correct format.
Element: <MaxReserveMultiplier>3.0</MaxReserveMultiplier>

Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser error:
Input string was not in a correct format.
Element: <LateBidExtention>0.0</LateBidExtention>
dunno why its happen

corbingene01

Wanderer
I'm getting alot of crashes from trying to remove an item. but when it restarts the shard it hangs and will not advance unless i reboot the server completely. i let it run for 30 mins to restart the shard and it just hung there.

this is the crash report. oh and it happens with any item i put in the auction.

Code:
erver Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 10/2/2006 7:13:16 PM
Mobiles: 18029
Items: 183552
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ (hidden): (account = x) (mobile = 0x2C2E 'x)
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = x) (mobile = 0x4 'x')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Map.OnLeave(Item item)
   at Server.Item.set_Parent(Object value)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionItemCheck..ctor(AuctionItem auction, AuctionResult result)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionItem.End(Mobile m)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionControlGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

please tell me its something simple... remember i'm the "noob"

corbingene01

Wanderer
well the main thing that bothers me, that nobody else mentioned is that it does not restart at all after crash it just hangs because it says the item is currently in use.

and i was trying to be helpfull, not trying to sound like a jerk.

and this is way beyond my skills to find a resolution, because i am a noob.

Mexifoo

Wanderer
were in what file do i edit the path for colilc.enu i changed it in autcion.cs file and i got no errors but nothing happend it still tells me that i cant find it but i also found a spot in the autctionconfig.xml but i dunno how to edit xml files

Corbomite

Wanderer
Duplicate Classes

I really like a number of Xanthos' scripts. I had evo system, claim, shrink and spell crafting installed in 2.0. Then I tried to load the auction system and got multiple namespace errors. Obvious multiple classes are reused in the auction system that already are compiled in the namespace Xanthos from the other scripts. There are a number of ways to fix this I guess, but I thought I would ask if there was a better way from a future script support perspective. RunUO 2.0 is gonna get cludgy soon enough, but I would like to start clean.

I could rename the duplicate classes in the auction script, or maybe even mess with the namespace naming. Would it be possible to just pear out of the auction script those classes already defined in the namespace if they are identical?

Or does this post belong in script support?

X

Xanthos

There are no namespace collisions between any of my packages. It is either another set of classes or an installation problem.

X

Xanthos

New version available. The null reference exception has been resolved in 2.1.

Relwes

Sorceror
crash report

hi all
i tried new version but i have some problem
i finished my auction and than check dropped my bag after than when i clicked "place item in your bank" my server crashed

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 13.10.2006 19:50:27
Mobiles: 2420
Items: 99968
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = Relwes) (mobile = 0x2 'Relwes')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Item.AddItem(Item item)
at Server.Items.Container.DropItem(Item dropped)
at Server.Items.Container.TryDropItem(Mobile from, Item dropped, Boolean sendFullMessage)
at Arya.Auction.AuctionItemCheck.Deliver(Mobile to)
at Arya.Auction.AuctionDeliveryGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

X

Xanthos

At first I thought this may be my bug. Further investigation shows this is clearly a RunUO 2.0 issue. Anyone know how to report bugs these days?

Gaea

Sorceror
how can we...?

How can we shut down the system then? For some reason now my server crashes/reboots about every 15 mins or so....I tried to shut down using auctionadmin, but that crashes it and when it reboots, the auction is still active (Theres no time to save)

Johabius

Knight
Xanthos said:
At first I thought this may be my bug. Further investigation shows this is clearly a RunUO 2.0 issue. Anyone know how to report bugs these days?
Since the bugtracker has been down I don't know of another way to report bugs, but you might go ahead and post the bug in Server Support, just to see if any of the Devs might be paying attention. Is this a bug with RC1 or has it carried over into the latest update from the SVN?

Crowley62

Sorceror
Hi I used to use this script without any problems but i had a major computer problem and lost my server so i remade the server but dont know how to make the one in svn so i have 2.0rc1 and now when someone trys to buy an item it crashes my shard I hope you can fix this from my crash report thanks
Code:
Exception:
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionItemCheck..ctor(AuctionItem auction, AuctionResult result)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionItem.DoBuyNow(Mobile m)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionViewGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)

Crowley62

Sorceror
Now my shard just crashes when i start it and when i remove the script server wont start. This script shouldn't be runuo rc1 it should say svn only. Please tell me how to remove this script from shard.

Well, deleting the particular scripts folder should be enough to remove the script from your shard. Of course your server will say a message about missing scripts, because there might be some items/mobiles from this script in the savefiles. Since you want to delete it, it is safe to say yes when asked to remove them.
Also, if you have any special error messages, it would be better to post them. "server wont start" is a vague answer. It could also be a user error.

This script does not use any special methods from the SVN. It works on RC1 and SVN.
Unless you have clear evidence that it works with the current SVN, you should not say that it is not for RC1. As Xanthos said, he is using RC1 aswell.