RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Xanthos Shrink System

X

Xanthos

Xanthos Shrink System

Shrink System version 2.1, by Xanthos

Introduction

The Shrink System allows pets to be shrunken to small statuettes that can be carried in a player's backpack. Many options are provided to control the system and the properties of the shrunken pets. Two items are provided to allow players to access the shrink function as well as a staff command. Staff may shrink wild animals and other people's pets for safe keeping. The shrink algorithm is fast and simple and works with any pet or pet system.

Commands:
  • [Shrink
  • [ShrinkLockDown
  • [ShrinkRelease
Installation

Unzip the Xanthos folder into your customs folder. Copy ShrinkConfig.xml to your RunUO\Data folder if you wish to modify configuration parameters.

Requirements

Requires the Xanthos Utilities package.

Caveats

You may use or modify this system in any way you desire, however I ask that you leave the original headers in the source files if you re-write or redistribute the sources in any way.
- Xanthos

Attachments

• Shrink System 2.1.zip
    28 KB · Views: 2,865

Thistle

Wanderer
The shrink command is set for gamemaster access and up. Since it doesn't do a check on "ownership" you probably don't want players having access to that command. They'd be able to shrink anything and that includes non-tamables too!

If you want your players to be able to shrink their own pets then you can always hunt for the shrink potion script and make it player craftable.

ABTOP

Sorceror
I dont know what it mean but i think what it little problem

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2757 items, 625 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...Loading Jailings
0 Jailings Loaded:0
done (59182 items, 1311 mobiles) (4,41 seconds)
Reports: Stats: Loading...done
Reports: Staff: Loading...done

Sorious' Ingame Forums
---------
Loading...done
---------
Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser attempting to load Data/ShrinkConfig.xml...
Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser success!

[COLOR="Red"]Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser error:
Input string was not in a correct format.
Element: <ShrunkenWeight>25.0</ShrunkenWeight>[/COLOR]

Address: 127.0.0.1:2593

X

Xanthos

ShrinkWeight is definately a double and not an int so the decimal is valid. This is a strange problem you are seeing and unfotunately I have no idea what causes it but I am guessing it is not due to my code. Try with a brand new installation of RunUO 2.0 and only my package and I bet you no longer see it.

Johabius

Knight
I've run into a small slightly irritating issue. When players shrink certain pets, they turn into a little ball colored the hue of the pet. When the pets are in this ball form, they also are counting towards the follower count, and they don't show the details of the pet (such as pet name, gender, etc.)
Not sure if it's this system that is causing this, or the FSAnimal Taming system. Could you please advise Xanthos?

X

Xanthos

Johabius said:
I've run into a small slightly irritating issue. When players shrink certain pets, they turn into a little ball colored the hue of the pet. When the pets are in this ball form, they also are counting towards the follower count, and they don't show the details of the pet (such as pet name, gender, etc.)
Not sure if it's this system that is causing this, or the FSAnimal Taming system. Could you please advise Xanthos?
Shrink.cfg contains the entries that map each mob to a body id. You are most likely missing some entries there and hence the graphic you see when pets are shrunken.

The fact that pets are still showing as taking up follower slots even when shrunken is probably the FS Taming system misbehaving. I advise that you remove that system from your hard disk - sorry to say this but I really find that code to be problematic.

D

DragonDan

Is it possible?

When we shrink a pet the statuette only says a shrunken pet is there anyway that It can be made so it uses the pets name and not the generic "a shrunken pet" title? I also can't add the pet leash to a vendor I am watching to see if anyone has any luck. I ended up making a spawner at the stables to spawn one like a rare item The system will let you "[add spawner petleash" and thus it is available to the players. This gives them away and often you get paged that someone needs one and it has not spawned fast enough. Also is there a way to use something like in the ant system to charge the pet leash like we charge the bags of sending and pet balls? Hope you all can help figure these little issues out so this system will be flawless and lots of fun! :)

X

Xanthos

There is a configuration file that, once placed in the Data directory, will provide a means for you to configure the system - its documented in the readme file. You can configure things like charges, skill required, bless status, etc.

What happens when you try to add one to a vendor and how are you trying to add one?

I will fix the issue with the name in the next release.

D

DragonDan

configuring shrink system

Yes I put that into the data directory I will check it out I didn't look at it just copied it there as is.

This is a few of the lines from the vendor I created to sell things that were not normal stuff I made her a gypsy maiden ( with animal trainer products and fruits and vegies )

Code:
                                //Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( PetLeash ), 5000, 20, 0x1374, 0 ) );
				Add( new AnimalBuyInfo(1, typeof( ColoredBeetle ), 3000, 20, 0x317,0 ) );
				Add( new AnimalBuyInfo(1, typeof( ColoredHorsie ), 1000, 20, 0xE2, 0 ) );
				Add( new AnimalBuyInfo(1, typeof( Beetle ), 2000, 20, 0x317, 0 ) );

I can post the whole vendor if its needed but I think this should help enough to answer your question

X

Xanthos

Make sure you are making changes to the config file in the Data directory and not in the shrink directory.