RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ Runuo 2.0 RC2] Custom Regions in a Box V4.0 [Updated]

you would have to set the priority of the region to like 300 or something liek that to go over that of a house region
but remember some stuff still gets through
and also by doing that, may also be making part of the house not works fro certain things as well

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
What kind of certain things? Like secured things such as doors and chests? Kinda the whole reason I needed the custom house region there. So as long as that works I don't really care about anything else as long as it's minor. But I will try setting the priority and see if I have any luck.

By any chance, is there anything around that explains the priority levels more in-depth?

Nockar

Sorceror
On save

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at Server.Items.RegionControl.Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
  at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics) in e:\UO\Run UO SA SVN\Server\Persistence\StandardSaveStrategy.cs:line 125
  at Server.DualSaveStrategy.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Save>b__0() in e:\UO\Run UO SA SVN\Server\Persistence\DualSaveStrategy.cs:line 42
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Jeff

Lord
On save

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics) in e:\UO\Run UO SA SVN\Server\Persistence\StandardSaveStrategy.cs:line 125
  at Server.DualSaveStrategy.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Save>b__0() in e:\UO\Run UO SA SVN\Server\Persistence\DualSaveStrategy.cs:line 42
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
Known issue, you added a region controller, but didnt setup the region for it, thus null crash. I had thought someone posted in this thread how to fix it... but not positive.

Jeff

Lord
Should be easy enough to figure out. Just fix the Serialization function to only write the value if it is not null. Then only read if it was not null.. (Or you could even initialize the value instead of it being null when the regions controller is created... )

Dodger-b

Sorceror
i got this to actually load on my server and im able to set up regions i set the restrictions for the new region but they never take effect. for example i set up a region for the area i set as "jail" and selected they cant use help to leave but still can. i hope that makes sense

Iraq-

Sorceror
I'd love to see this:
- Region Control Profiles
- Profiles for each Region Control so that it can be reused for different things according to different profile sets. An example for this is to use a Region Control for an Event Arena that can hold different Events, different profiles for the Region Control would relate to different Events, so the arena can easily be switched from one Event to another.

Johan Smith

Wanderer
Is there any way to set the regions so that:

-only players that are younger than x hours can enter
-players can only train skills up to a certain level...for example 75.0 (ala a newbie training room)?

-Johan

Dodger-b

Sorceror
one way to do it is set up an area and use a YOUNG teleporter for the players to access it only players with young status can enter

Johan Smith

Wanderer
ohhh i didn't even think of that...thought i was missing something...found the script for it thanks!

now to figure out how to limit skill gains...anybody? beuler...beuler? :D

-Johan

romanthebrain

Sorceror
OK guys i got this but already got this error on worldsave cause region isnt set. Or is it a balance error ?
Is there any way to stop this "Null Reference Exeption Error" ?
I cannot find something :

or this, but i think its the same :

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 4255.25554
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.5448
Time: 10/26/2011 7:04:40 PM
Mobiles: 14223
Items: 151109
Exception:
  at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics)

Ty for helping me

Iraq-

Sorceror
When you first add the region controller, make certain to put some area into it, else it will crash. You need the region area...

aj9251

Sorceror
Wow, you guys are still using this script? Its 3 years old lol. What types of problems are you having?

romanthebrain

Sorceror
This ... but there isnt any alternative or ?

OK guys i got this but already got this error on worldsave cause region isnt set. Or is it a balance error ?
Is there any way to stop this "Null Reference Exeption Error" ?
I cannot find something :

or this, but i think its the same :

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 4255.25554
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.5448
Time: 10/26/2011 7:04:40 PM
Mobiles: 14223
Items: 151109
Exception:
  at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics)

Ty for helping me