RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 SVN 313 Package

Mark

Knight
sw4ruo;793988 said:
I have this running nicely on a Debian lenny 64bits mono 1.9.1.

There is a problem when I add my custom scripts even tho they all work fine under a windows platform. I've managed to track it down to a custom quest implemented over the Quest Engine... here is the error log:
Code:
Scripts: Verifying...
** ERROR **: generic_params table claims method has generic parameters, but sign                                                                             ature says it doesn't
aborting...
Stacktrace:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes (bool) <0x0                                                                             004f>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes (bool) <0xf                                                                             fffffff>
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () <0x0000f>
  at Server.Core.VerifySerialization (System.Reflection.Assembly) <0x00087>
  at Server.Core.VerifySerialization () <0x0007b>
  at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile (bool,bool) <0x0020f>
  at Server.Core.Main (string[]) <0x00b15>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) Server.Core.runtime_invoke_void_string[] (object,i                                                                             ntptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

mono [0x536e71]
        /lib/libpthread.so.0 [0x7f511fc05a80]
        /lib/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x35) [0x7f511f652ed5]
        /lib/libc.so.6(abort+0x183) [0x7f511f6543f3]
        /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 [0x7f512005a44e]
        /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_log+0x83) [0x7f512005a4d3]
        mono(mono_method_signature+0x34a) [0x45791a]
        mono [0x4b9efa]
        mono [0x4bb077]
        mono(mono_class_init+0x6c6) [0x4bb796]
        mono(mono_type_get_object+0x10d) [0x487a6d]
        mono [0x49ac0e]
        mono [0x49e78e]
        [0x407e4a7f]

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

Aborted

To note that it compiles fine and the error only pops when it is verifying the scripts, I have no idea what this means.

I already checked the de/serialization methods since it mentions in the error but nothing seems out of common.
Can someone give me a clue on how to fix this?

I've seen errors similar to that before. If I remember correctly there was (is?) a bug in Mono relating to overloads which only differ in generic parameters.

Example:
public void DoSomething() { }
public void DoSomething<T>() { }

It would be hard for me to say for sure without seeing your code though.

sw4ruo

Wanderer
This is in fact very weird...

I've made a couple more tests and I don't know what conclusions to take or what the hell is going on. :p

Attached is a screenshot representing the following steps:
I removed every script inside the folder that (i thought) was causing the error. I then created a Test.cs script as you can see in top right shell and tried to run RunUO and got the error shown in the top left shell.
Then I proceed to move Test.cs to Scripts directory and run RunUO again. Nothing else was changed and unexpectedly, it worked as you can see in bottom right shell. :confused:
----------------------

Meanwhile, I tried to move this Test.cs file to other new/existing folders and kept getting the error log.
If I delete it, it works again.

Then (with Test.cs deleted from the system) I tried to move some other random script into a different folder and the error was back... :D

Of course, this problem only occurs with my custom scripts (aka everything is perfect with the distro 5*) and I'm sorry if i should have created a new thread.
What can I do to track this bitch down? I don't recall ever using overloading with generic parameters..

Attachments

• ruo-mono-bug.jpg
    ruo-mono-bug.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 95

Wilk3ert

Wanderer
I'm getting this error:

Code:
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Client: 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
System.ObjectDisposedException: The object was used after being disposed.
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socket_flags, System.AsyncCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Network.NetState.InternalBeginReceive () [0x00000] 
  at Server.Network.NetState.OnReceive (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] 
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online]

The UO version is ML, while the Client version is 6.0.10.0 (patch 72): it's a version problem, or not?
I don't understand.
Help =)

Yeah you should probably just re-install your client data files. You must have the exact same files that you would put into a custom data path folder for RunUO in your UO client. Usually when I'm having this problem, it's because I accidentally copied the wrong file half-asleep or something lol

BTW: Mark, I just got things running smoothly this morning with this. All my custom scripts converted over just fine well except for minor things like needing to change \ to / :D Thank you very much for this release.

sw4ruo

Wanderer
sw4ruo;794055 said:
This is in fact very weird...

I've made a couple more tests and I don't know what conclusions to take or what the hell is going on. :p

Attached is a screenshot representing the following steps:
I removed every script inside the folder that (i thought) was causing the error. I then created a Test.cs script as you can see in top right shell and tried to run RunUO and got the error shown in the top left shell.
Then I proceed to move Test.cs to Scripts directory and run RunUO again. Nothing else was changed and unexpectedly, it worked as you can see in bottom right shell. :confused:
----------------------

Meanwhile, I tried to move this Test.cs file to other new/existing folders and kept getting the error log.
If I delete it, it works again.

Then (with Test.cs deleted from the system) I tried to move some other random script into a different folder and the error was back... :D

Of course, this problem only occurs with my custom scripts (aka everything is perfect with the distro 5*) and I'm sorry if i should have created a new thread.
What can I do to track this bitch down? I don't recall ever using overloading with generic parameters..

I've upgraded mono to 2.0.1-5 (debian testing) and this issue is gone.

bacca87

Wanderer
this is my issue:

mono version: 2.0.1-6

gmcs2 -optimize -unsafe -t:exe -out:RunUO.exe -win32icon:runuo.ico -d:MONO -recurse:*.cs

the server compile OK

when i launch the server:

mono RunUO.exe

Code:
debian:/opt/RunUO# mono RunUO.exe
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3473.35619
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Error:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: ApplicationName='gmcs', CommandLine='/target:library /debug- /optimize+ /out:"/opt/RunUO/Scripts/Output/Scripts.CS.dll" /r:"System.dll" /r:"System.Web.dll" /r:"System.Xml.dll" /r:"System.Data.dll" /r:"System.Drawing.dll" /r:"System.Windows.Forms.dll" /r:"/opt/RunUO/RunUO.exe" /d:MONO /d:Framework_2_0 /nowarn:169,219,414 /recurse:Scripts/*.cs  -- "" ', CurrentDirectory=''
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000]
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000]
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler.CompileFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000]
  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000]
  at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromFile (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000]
  at Server.ScriptCompiler.CompileCSScripts (Boolean debug, Boolean cache, System.Reflection.Assembly& assembly) [0x00000]
  at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile (Boolean debug, Boolean cache) [0x00000]
  at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Error:
System.InvalidOperationException: Standard output has not been redirected or process has not been started.
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.CancelErrorRead () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:CancelErrorRead ()
  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler.CompileFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000]
  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000]
  at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromFile (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000]
  at Server.ScriptCompiler.CompileCSScripts (Boolean debug, Boolean cache, System.Reflection.Assembly& assembly) [0x00000]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mono version: 2.0.1-4

the server compile OK

work fine all...

-.-'

bacca87

Wanderer
bacca87;805258 said:
this is my issue:

mono version: 2.0.1-6

gmcs2 -optimize -unsafe -t:exe -out:RunUO.exe -win32icon:runuo.ico -d:MONO -recurse:*.cs

the server compile OK

when i launch the server:

mono RunUO.exe

Code:
debian:/opt/RunUO# mono RunUO.exe
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3473.35619
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: ApplicationName='gmcs', CommandLine='/target:library /debug- /optimize+ /out:"/opt/RunUO/Scripts/Output/Scripts.CS.dll" /r:"System.dll" /r:"System.Web.dll" /r:"System.Xml.dll" /r:"System.Data.dll" /r:"System.Drawing.dll" /r:"System.Windows.Forms.dll" /r:"/opt/RunUO/RunUO.exe" /d:MONO /d:Framework_2_0 /nowarn:169,219,414 /recurse:Scripts/*.cs  -- "" ', CurrentDirectory=''
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000]
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000]
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()

Error:
System.InvalidOperationException: Standard output has not been redirected or process has not been started.
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.CancelErrorRead () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:CancelErrorRead ()

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mono version: 2.0.1-4

the server compile OK

work fine all...

-.-'

[SOLVED] http://www.runuo.com/forums/server-support-mono/97187-mono-2-a.html#post805388

Jonlas

Wanderer
Hmmm... i can get the server to start, and i can get into it... But when i try to use an item or [add, [go commands the server crashes. Any ideas? Here is the crashlog.

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (2120 items, 500 mobiles)
Enter the Ultima Online directory:
> Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.IOException: Error initializing terminal.
at System.TermInfoDriver.Init () [0x00000]
at System.TermInfoDriver.ReadLine () [0x00000]
at System.ConsoleDriver.ReadLine () [0x00000]
at System.Console.ReadLine () [0x00000]
at Server.Misc.DataPath.Configure () [0x00000]
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000]
;1R
** (/home/joni/RunUO/RunUO.exe:9758): WARNING **: exception inside UnhandledException handler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

bacca87

Wanderer
Jonlas;806121 said:
Hmmm... i can get the server to start, and i can get into it... But when i try to use an item or [add, [go commands the server crashes. Any ideas? Here is the crashlog.

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (2120 items, 500 mobiles)
Enter the Ultima Online directory:
> Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.IOException: Error initializing terminal.
at System.TermInfoDriver.Init () [0x00000]
at System.TermInfoDriver.ReadLine () [0x00000]
at System.ConsoleDriver.ReadLine () [0x00000]
at System.Console.ReadLine () [0x00000]
at Server.Misc.DataPath.Configure () [0x00000]
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000]
;1R
** (/home/joni/RunUO/RunUO.exe:9758): WARNING **: exception inside UnhandledException handler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

In the same directory of RunUO.exe, you must create a text file with this code:

Code:
<configuration>
	<dllmap dll="libz" target="libz.so.1" os="!windows" />
</configuration>

save the file with the name RunUO.exe.config and relaunch mono.

Thrain

Wanderer
Hmm looks like its time to get back into uo. If this works might be time to have some old fun again :)

lol last visit 07-05-2006

orgis

Wanderer
Will this work ok on " Ubuntu 8.04 - the Hardy Heron" ?

I have ssh access and remote desktop access.

And if i get it running can the server be ran as a daemon? i dont want to log out of my remote server and then the runuo server closes.

Khaybel

Sorceror
Has anyone tested this on say centos 5.2 at all, and or would it work? I've done ubunto 8.10 for another server, not uo. But would prefer to use centos if you guys think it's doable?

Deimos

Page
Running Centos 5.3 here, with the FINAL 2.0 and it loads AOK.
Installed Neruns spawner and the stargate system, still seems to work ok.

test444

Wanderer
I downloaded the version for Mono from runuo.com downloads section, and after running in Mono, it ended with this:

Code:
System.Exception: Compiler failed to produce the assembly. Output: ''

Ubuntu 9.10
Mono JIT compiler version 2.4.2.3 (Debian 2.4.2.3+dfsg-2)

pls help someone

Skitalets

Wanderer
test444;830185 said:
I downloaded the version for Mono from runuo.com downloads section, and after running in Mono, it ended with this:

Code:
System.Exception: Compiler failed to produce the assembly. Output: ''

Ubuntu 9.10
Mono JIT compiler version 2.4.2.3 (Debian 2.4.2.3+dfsg-2)

pls help someone

Seems like you did not installed all the packages of MONO. Id can't find some libraries to compile C# scripts.Make sure that you have installed all latest MONO packages.