RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.1] Nerun's Distro

nerun

Sorceror
Hey there. I have set up a home server for my son's and their friends, but I have not really played UO since 99. What rule set is this set of scripts modeling? I see a lot of skills that I do not recognize, so I am trying to figure out what types of builds we should go for!

Thanks for this great setup! Working like a charm so far!

There are 3 sets inside this pack:
1) UO pre-T2A
2) UO Mondain's Legacy
3) UO Stygian Abyss / High Seas

berlinuo

Wanderer
did somebody try Nerun's Distro with RunUO last build ?

Svn used:
http://runuo-nerun-distro.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/

this is what I get after overwriting files (fresh install):

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.2, Build 4532.14023
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 4 processors
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (36 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/LadyJennifyr.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `LadyJennifyr'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/LadyMarai.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `LadyMarai'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/MasterJonath.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MasterJonath'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/MasterMikael.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MasterMikael'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/MasterTheophilus.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MasterTheophilus'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/RedDeath.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `RedDeath'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/SirPatrick.cs:
    CS0101: Line 10: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `SirPatrick'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Labyrinth/Miasma.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Miasma'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Labyrinth/Pyre.cs:
    CS0101: Line 11: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Pyre'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Labyrinth/Rend.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Rend'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Painted Caves/Grobu.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Grobu'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Painted Caves/Lurg.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Lurg'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Palace of Paroxysmus/Putrefier.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Putrefier'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Prism of Light/CorporealBrume.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `CorporealBrume'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Prism of Light/CrystalDaemon.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `CrystalDaemon'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Prism of Light/CrystalLatticeSeeker.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `CrystalLatticeSeeker'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Prism of Light/CrystalSeaSerpent.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `CrystalSeaSerpent'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Prism of Light/CrystalVortex.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `CrystalVortex'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Prism of Light/CrystalWisp.cs:
    CS0101: Line 7: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `CrystalWisp'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Prism of Light/MantraEffervescence.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MantraEffervescence'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Prism of Light/Protector.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Protector'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Prism of Light/UnfrozenMummy.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `UnfrozenMummy'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Sanctuary/Chiikkaha.cs:
    CS0101: Line 10: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Chiikkaha'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Sanctuary/MougGuur.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MougGuur'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Sanctuary/Szavetra.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Szavetra'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Changeling.cs:
    CS0101: Line 15: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Changeling'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Gnaw.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Gnaw'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Guile.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Guile'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Irk.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Irk'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/LadyLissith.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `LadyLissith'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/LadySabrix.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `LadySabrix'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Malefic.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Malefic'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Silk.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Silk'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Spite.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Spite'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Swoop.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Swoop'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Virulent.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `Virulent'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
you have doubles of those mobiles in your scripts. Checkout the folder Expansions/Mondain's Legacy...look for mobiles im sure you will find your culprit there :)

berlinuo

Wanderer
thanks hungry4k,

nerun's distro is in /home/myuser/runuo/Scripts/Custom
NOT in /home/myuser/runuo/neruns
is this ok?

and I saw this error:

Code:
Errors:
+ Mobiles/AI/BaseAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 19: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `AIType'
    CS0101: Line 33: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ActionType'
    CS0101: Line 43: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `BaseAI'
+ Skills/Stealth.cs:
    CS0101: Line 7: The namespace `Server.SkillHandlers' already contains a definition for `Stealth'

so I DELETED:

runuo/Scripts/Mobiles/AI/BaseAI.cs
runuo/Scripts/Skills/Stealth.cs
runuo/Scripts/Mobiles/BaseCreatures.cs
all these files are already contained into runuo/Scripts/Custom/neruns

and it seems to work now.
[EDIT]
of course it doesn't work here

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
I'm pretty sure that it needs to at the least be inside the Scripts folder in order for it to be read by the server.

As for your errors...Im not exactly sure what all that means as im quite new to merging/programming myself. But I just so happen to be merging some ML stuff right now, and I know that the base RunUO package calls stuff GivesMLMinorArtifact, while the ML package calls it GivesMinorArtifact. There is obviously an issue with your GivesMLMinorArtifact command/property/whatever the technical term for that call is. And unfortunately I don't know where to point you to to look for it.

Long story short: No F'ing clue, you'll have to wait for someone smarter/more experienced than I :p

berlinuo

Wanderer
thank you again hungry4k,

I wiped out everything to start from a fresh install.

I overwrited runuo files with neruns files (this means BaseCreatures.cs as well) and I got a tons of "already contains a definition for"

So i run:
Code:
find . -name LadyJennifyr.cs
./Scripts/Customs/Nerun's Distro/ML/Mobiles/Bedlam/LadyJennifyr.cs
./Scripts/Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/LadyJennifyr.cs

I have tons of duplicate files like this.
What should I do?

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
The easy answer is you have to delete one of them. The harder answer is whichever one you delete may or maynot mess up other things such as the give artifact calls. Here is what I recommend since you are already starting over.

Download whichever source you want(base RunUO source, or SVN source) then grab whichever Expansion you are wanting to merge with. Put them into two different folders.

Download Beyond Compare 3. Open it and select Compare Folder. Choose both the Expansion you want to merge and the Base source you are using.

Start going through and merging. I will say that the File structure of ML Release and the Base RUO release are different. Base RunUO already has alot of ML stuff so what I try and do is go through the folders and get the folder structure the same as base runuo before merging. It will help to cut down on your duplicates when you finally do compile.

Thats the best advice I can give you right now. I'm currently on my third attempt to merge RUO w another Expansion distro

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
ok, the SVN, is the latest release of RunUO. The nerun pack isn't ML, its just RunUO with nerun's additions to it. Which are very good additions. You can read more about them in the Custom Script releases I believe.

Based on your errors above I thought you were using MalGanis ML Release.

Not sure, im very mushy brained doing my own merge again for the third time. Spending the last two days on it so far.

XanoX01

Squire
I wonder why i get no doors when i use this distro and all new heaven is bugged with doors and decorations.

Sorry, i'm pretty new to runUO i was used to make my own servers using Sphere years ago. I was lurking on
these forums for a while and i finally decided to make a server for fun with some of my old friends.
Any help would be much appreciated.

For information i use RunUO 2.2, Moundain's Legacy and followed all the instruction from the first post. :)

Edit: I think it may due to my client version. I installed ML and used the default client 5.0.9.1,
i can't seem to be able to patch it for a strange reason, but i'll find a way to get a better client
and i will try to decorate/spawn the world again. Sorry for the trouble.

XanoX01

Squire
Thank you, i downloaded UO 9th anniversary and now everything is working properly.
Mining and lumberjack too, witch wasn't. It was really because of an old client. :)

berlinuo

Wanderer
After merging files I have a brunch of duplicates.

for example:
./Scripts/Customs/Nerun's Distro/ML/Mobiles/Bedlam/LadyJennifyr.cs
./Scripts/Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/LadyJennifyr.cs

Which one should I delete?
thanks for any hints

berlinuo

Wanderer
but than WHY did Nerun put those file in?
just asking, because I really don't understand how this distro works.

Does it overrides something?
Does it overwrite something?
Does it just add some new scripts?

thanks for any clarifications

Those scripts were put in by nerun because they weren't included with runuo.com they are only now starting to include the ML mobs and items. So untill nerun updates his svn and removes those files you will get doubles.

berlinuo

Wanderer
thank you Levi
so EVERYBODY like me who will try to install nerun's distro on the latest RunUO 2.2 will have this problem

berlinuo

Wanderer
refer to this FIXED thread to set up Nerun's Distro + RunUO 2.2 on Linux.
Trying to get neruns' distro working for me was like trying to speak chinese with a chinese-dictionary.

Thanks to everyone that helped me out!