RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.1] Nerun's Distro

milva

Sorceror
Yellow health bar means your char is immortal- nothing can attack and kill the char :)
so the staff cloak turns you into a player when needed for testing? You should be able to set your other char to owner also. Either with [props on the char or with [Admin
Try this Staff Orb instead of the cloak

Attachments

• StaffOrb.cs
    7.7 KB · Views: 25

KISOR

Sorceror
Wootie think its saying your missing a few files I will rar up them from my files and see if they help you.

Attachments

• missing files.rar
    30.4 KB · Views: 23

steeldarkness

Sorceror
Nerun:

Mind you I have been out of the seen for a few yrs so bare with me:

I decided to go ahead start off with your distro here

On first run it crashes and here is the log:

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.2, Build 4752.30243
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.586
Time: 1/23/2013 12:08:54 AM
Mobiles: 0
Items: 0
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Server.TileData' threw an exception. ---> System.Exception: TileData:  not found
  at Server.TileData..cctor()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Server.TileData.get_MaxItemValue()
  at Server.Item.get_DefaultWeight()
  at Server.Item.set_Amount(Int32 value)
  at Server.Item..ctor()
  at Server.Items.BaseWeapon..ctor(Int32 itemID)
  at Server.Items.Fists.Initialize()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
  at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method)
  at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 0

Insight would be much appreciated thanx!

UPDATE:

Seems it was an id10t error. Back in the good ole days the distro model for uo didn't matter cause they were combined. Well I DL'd the "Enhanced Client" first and the server didn't like it. I assumed this and DL the classic client and wala no errors :)

nerun

Sorceror
Seems it was an id10t error. Back in the good ole days the distro model for uo didn't matter cause they were combined. Well I DL'd the "Enhanced Client" first and the server didn't like it. I assumed this and DL the classic client and wala no errors :)

Yes, RunUO has not, and will never has, support for Enhanced Client. Use Classic one.

nerun

Sorceror
VISUAL PREMIUM SPAWNER v1.0

This software (downloadable from Google Code) allows you to see the spawns' boundaries of a ".map" file by printing them into an image of the facet.

Example:

You always wish to see the spawns of "Outdoors.map" (in \Data\Monsters\trammel). Where it spawn, its boundaries etc. So you copy and paste that map file inside Visual PremiumSpawner folder, then you execute the program.

It will ask you the right facet. Outdoors.map is in Trammel facet. So i choose "1".

Now it will make a list with all .map files you placed inside Visual PremiumSpawner folder. Select Outdoors.map by the number it is listed. Since i place only one file there, it is "1. Outdoors.map". So program choose it automatically. If there are more then one file, you will be prompted to choose one.

Now the software will write the spawns into an image of Trammel.

See that image uploaded down here. (Image edited because file is too large)

SOFTWARE WRITTEN TO WINDOWS

Attachments

• Outdoors.jpg
    Outdoors.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 29

fcondon

Sorceror
Hey Nerun, I'm using the newest all in one (SVN + Nerun's Distro) form your google project page. A fresh boot up and spawn creates a PremiumBadSpawn file. I was going through it to see the issue and quickly realized it's simply an issue with some missing NPCs. Here is the bad spawn file.

Code:
455 70 -28    Ilshenar    Toxicelemental
2220 75    -27    Ilshenar    ToxicElemental
1135 743 -80    Ilshenar    Toxicelemental
1070 750 -80    Ilshenar    Toxicelemental
99 1158    -23    Ilshenar    Toxicelemental
1158 2872 0    Felucca    Toxicelemental
2048 1066 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
2069 1028 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
2023 1052 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
2035 1018 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
1993 1030 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
1990 976 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
2033 936 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
2028 987 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
2067 989 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
2079 1018 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
2038 1023 0    Felucca    toxicelemental
4551 2320 -2    Felucca    boatpainter
4569 2304 -2    Felucca    dockmaster
4547 2321 -2    Felucca    bodysculptor
5760 99    0 Felucca    Toxicelemental
6249 352 60    Felucca    toxicelemental
6249 352 60    Felucca    toxicelemental
6319 348 60    Felucca    toxicelemental
6319 348 60    Felucca    toxicelemental
6404 378 -40    Felucca    toxicelemental
6404 378 -40    Felucca    toxicelemental
6418 358 -40    Felucca    toxicelemental
6418 358 -40    Felucca    toxicelemental
6416 447 -40    Felucca    toxicelemental
5398 996 5    Felucca    Toxicelemental

The issue is that the server doesnt actually have a "Toxic Elemental","Boat Painter", "Dock Master", or "Body Sculptor".
Do you have these files? I tried searching the forums and can't find these NPCs. Did you forget to add them to the package?

nerun

Sorceror
Yes, i know all this. tahnk you to talk about it. let me explain.

"Boat Painter", "Dock Master", or "Body Sculptor" was not developed yet.

"Toxic Elemental" is an update in the SVN. In RunUO 2.2 it was named "Toxic Elemental", but the right name was always "Acid Elemental", so in SVN they fixed it changing to "Acid Elemental". Now the spawns look for a class called "Toxic...", but there is only "Acid...".

The easy way to fix it in SVN is to open "...\Scripts\Mobiles\Monsters\Elemental\Magic\AcidElemental.cs" and edit ONLY lines 9, 12 and 61:
Code:
using System;
using Server;
using Server.Items;

namespace Server.Mobiles
{
    [TypeAlias( "Server.Mobiles.ToxicElemental" )]
    [CorpseName( "an acid elemental corpse" )]
    public class AcidElemental : BaseCreature
    {
        [Constructable]
        public AcidElemental () : base( AIType.AI_Mage, FightMode.Closest, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4 )
        {
            Name = "an acid elemental";
            Body = 0x9E;
            BaseSoundID = 278;

Code:
        public AcidElemental( Serial serial )
            : base( serial )
        {
        }

Change the three "AcidElemental" to "ToxicElemental", but DON'T TOUCH the name displayed "an acid elemental", because this is the right name.

You will notice an alias: "[TypeAlias( "Server.Mobiles.ToxicElemental" )]", but apparently it is broken.

About the other mobiles, i don't know when i will script them.

nerun

Sorceror
Thanks man, appreciate the quick response, and explanation. :)
Dude, forget my solution above, i tested it here and didn't worked. You will need to change a lot of scripts too. AcidElemental was changed in many other scripts.

There is no way, i need to update map files...

peepeetree

Sorceror
Ok I figured out what is wrong with the cloak, if the game saves while you are wearing it and you don't save with it off before logging out you are no longer an admin and I can't find a way to fix it. This is a pretty huge bug as you will have to delete your character and create a new one to fix it. If you pull off the cloak once this bug has happened it vanishes if you set it down or place it in your bag. Essentially there is a huge chance for you to have to delete your character and recreate a new one if you don't take great caution while using the cloak for testing.

As for the stafforb it gives me errors when I try to install it.

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4272.35047
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 6 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 3 warnings)
Warnings:
+ Customs/Custom Monsters/Blackrock/BlackrockElemental.cs:
    CS0105: Line 5: The using directive for 'System.Collections' appeared previo
usly in this namespace
+ Customs/Custom Monsters/Blackrock/NetherVortex.cs:
usly in this namespace
+ Customs/Custom Monsters/Blackrock/ToxicOoze.cs:
usly in this namespace
Errors:
+ Customs/StaffOrb.cs:
    CS0246: Line 3: The type or namespace name 'CustomsFramework' could not be f
ound (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

nerun

Sorceror
Yellow health bar means your char is immortal- nothing can attack and kill the char :)
so the staff cloak turns you into a player when needed for testing? You should be able to set your other char to owner also. Either with [props on the char or with [Admin
Try this Staff Orb instead of the cloak

Code:
Errors:
+ Customs/Nerun's Distro/New/Items/GMStuff/StaffOrb.cs:
    CS0246: Line 3: The type or namespace name 'CustomsFramework' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Running SVN 985.

milva

Sorceror
Code:
Errors:
+ Customs/Nerun's Distro/New/Items/GMStuff/StaffOrb.cs:
    CS0246: Line 3: The type or namespace name 'CustomsFramework' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Running SVN 985.
Sorry use this one it was updated ;)

Attachments

• TermaxStaffOrb[1].cs
    5.5 KB · Views: 9

nerun

Sorceror
Ok I figured out what is wrong with the cloak, if the game saves while you are wearing it and you don't save with it off before logging out you are no longer an admin and I can't find a way to fix it. This is a pretty huge bug as you will have to delete your character and create a new one to fix it. If you pull off the cloak once this bug has happened it vanishes if you set it down or place it in your bag. Essentially there is a huge chance for you to have to delete your character and recreate a new one if you don't take great caution while using the cloak for testing.

STAFF CLOACK FIXED:

Ok, i believe the issue is a problem of serialization/deserialization. The private AccessLevel OriginalAccessLevel is not in the Serialize and Deserialize sections. This script added it to there. Please try this script. Download and place at: \Scripts\Customs\Nerun's Distro\New\Items\GMStuff, overwrite the old file.

Attachments

• StaffCloak.cs
    3.9 KB · Views: 5

nerun

Sorceror
Sorry use this one it was updated ;)
Thank you very much. This Orb seems to be much better than that Cloak. And this just because this is not a cloak. Staff can use this to interact with players, but disguised. I will make some changes and maybe add it to distro.

peepeetree

Sorceror
Thanks a lot for the responses, I really appreciate it, I will give the new orb a try and see what we get. Thanks Nerun for all your hard work on everything you do, makes it a lot more fun to put together a server!