RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.1 Released

Thagoras

Sorceror
Awesome! Quick question. Can't seem to move on a couple maps. Didn't try them all. Felucca and Malas, at least. Trammel and TerMur are fine. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Xeevis

Sorceror
Its best to stay with latest SVN and merge updates periodically at own discretion and need (for example i skip on some OSI stuff, but gladly update everything else especially fixes), they are usually small and can be only beneficial, however they are in files which are often modded to custom scripts so copy&paste won't work in this area, you have to carefully merge and analyze. And if you slack on periodic updates, after year you are practically cut off of updates as it would be hell lotta work to update up to most recent. Just my personal pointer :cool:.

Macil

Sorceror
I'm fully patched and everything, and I'm not ungrateful for any work or anything. But why is it I'm choppy or lagging on 2.1 but 2.0 is smooth and fine? I'm hosting from a Quad core with plenty of RAM to run both versions. And its a very well maintained machine. Any ideas?

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
I'm fully patched and everything, and I'm not ungrateful for any work or anything. But why is it I'm choppy or lagging on 2.1 but 2.0 is smooth and fine? I'm hosting from a Quad core with plenty of RAM to run both versions. And its a very well maintained machine. Any ideas?

Has to be something environmental...

Revelation, Hybrid and Demise are all running this code with no issues.

Ryan

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
Reading the change list and seeing how everything here is changing and coming together makes me want to get back into uo emulation again. By the way are there any plans to continue filling in missing content like SA and HS or are you simply ironing out the already existing content? Either way it is still good to see things progressing.

Reading the change list and seeing how everything here is changing and coming together makes me want to get back into uo emulation again. By the way are there any plans to continue filling in missing content like SA and HS or are you simply ironing out the already existing content? Either way it is still good to see things progressing.

The plan should be, apart the packet support for SA/HS, to finish all of contents of previous expansions (because we don't have either correct champ spawns which are ca. LBR-ish time): so.. up to ML contents first, then full sails on the rest.

We need volunteers, for coding, testing or reporting. We are full of reports which can't find a coder for months. If you want to help RunUO in reaching its job, please have a look here.

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
The plan should be, apart the packet support for SA/HS, to finish all of contents of previous expansions (because we don't have either correct champ spawns which are ca. LBR-ish time): so.. up to ML contents first, then full sails on the rest.

We need volunteers, for coding, testing or reporting. We are full of reports which can't find a coder for months. If you want to help RunUO in reaching its job, please have a look here.

That makes me happy. As much as I always want the current content to be present it would feel sloppy if there were a lot of unfinished or missing features up to that content. So to see content up to ML being worked on first to me is a better way to go about this. I remember back when everyone was wanting all the SE content but stuff up to that point was not finished and we did end up getting SE and then some of ML while kinda leaving the rest of the unfinshed stuff on the back burner. I always wanted to see all of the content that lead up to SE filled out to be more accurate and finished.

ML is a good point to work towards. There is so much good content up to that point and with SA being what it is and then high seas being another story it makes perfect sense.

I still wonder about SA some times. The new client is an issue because they covered that better than they had with previous versions. I still prefer classic as most around these parts probably do. But is the classic SA client covered the same as the enhanced?

Ahh well thanks for answering my question.

Jeff

Lord
I could be totally off, but I do not think there are any plans for supporting the SA Enhanced client.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Doubt there's any plans to support the enhanced client at all for now. Imagine that would take a ton more work, but perhaps further in the future...you never know. =P

i dont think its the work as much as lack of demand.

I mean, KR was the last BIG thing that would change UO forever etc etc, and it lasted how long?

why put in development time into something that most likely will not last. None of UO's "3D" clients have lasted.

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
KR
i dont think its the work as much as lack of demand.

I mean, KR was the last BIG thing that would change UO forever etc etc, and it lasted how long?

why put in development time into something that most likely will not last. None of UO's "3D" clients have lasted.
KR is the enhanced SA client. It was basically the test run for moving to the SA enhanced client. The KR client became the SA client but they had to change a lot of things that people were unhappy with about the KR client. To me there is really no difference.

I don't think legally it would be a good idea to try to support the enhanced client. I think they have stricter copyright on that client since it is new. Hence why I asked about the SA classic client and if the same copyright applied to that client. If so we would be capped at whatever version of client came right before the classic SA client went into effect.

Jeff

Lord
The SA client was quite a rewrite from the KR client, so much so, that I would consider it a whole new attempt. The original KR client was 100% 3d, the SA client rolled back to 2d over 3d terrain. Quite a different look. I wouldnt worry about the SA client, its really not that impressive. The 2d client was never discontinued, after the KR client failed, they saw the entire community continue to use the 2d client, and chances are it will never disappear. I personally see no reason to ever support the SA client.

quick note:
ML/SA/HS... --> RunUO Development
Enhanced Client --> Razor Development

It was already stated Razor is an inactive project, and only changes in encryption will be handled.

Jeff

Lord
quick note:
ML/SA/HS... --> RunUO Development
Enhanced Client --> Razor Development

It was already stated Razor is an inactive project, and only changes in encryption will be handled.
The Enhanced client requires RunUO development too, there is a slew of new packets...