RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.1 Released

Guttersnipe

Squire
oh, sorry for being such a burden :/....where can i get support for this project? tried to google i cant seem to find it...google'd "RunUO 2.1 SVN642 SA" and "RunUO 2.1 SVN" uhg im such a noob... :/ and i just released i used SVN 526...lol couldnt find 2.1 SVN 642 :(

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
http://code.google.com/p/sa-project/

There's the link to the sa svn. And you can get limited support on orb, when their site is actually up and not getting a make over (about every other week.) I suggest you just create a new topic here in script support or the correct sub-forum for w/e you're needing help with. You shouldn't be shunned away from getting help here just because you use the SA svn, plenty of people here use it. So plenty should be able to help. I don't see the point in us telling everyone that uses it to go elsewhere for help...

Would really be nice if all support for anything RunUO related, meaning the SA svn included was welcome here...it is the birthplace of it all.

http://code.google.com/p/sa-project/

There's the link to the sa svn. And you can get limited support on orb, when their site is actually up and not getting a make over (about every other week.) I suggest you just create a new topic here in script support or the correct sub-forum for w/e you're needing help with. You shouldn't be shunned away from getting help here just because you use the SA svn, plenty of people here use it. So plenty should be able to help. I don't see the point in us telling everyone that uses it to go elsewhere for help...

Would really be nice if all support for anything RunUO related, meaning the SA svn included was welcome here...it is the birthplace of it all.

I wasn't "Shunning" anyone, I'm the one who helped him.

I was just going by the long held rules :/

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/using-a-modified-core.48412/

Using a Modified Core.

There is no rule saying that you can not use a modified core, or even modify the core yourself.

However, if you choose to use a modified core, whether you modified it or someone else did, then you will not recieve support in the forums for your shard.
This is the price that you will pay for not waiting for the dev's to fix something.

It's not actually a rule I agree with either. But it has been the rule for a very long time. You also have to remember, that certain forks previously have been antagonistic to this community. Not just the team, but the entire community.

But see, if we can help we can help... but when it comes to external projects, only few of us know them so in that case it would be better to ask to their forums/tracker. But only due to our ignorance.
Of course, if the question is about a thing that is common to RunUO "vanilla", we can help... but always if we do know the answer.

It's not actually a rule I agree with either. But it has been the rule for a very long time.

I believe that rule is not meant to be a diktat, rather a brief of what I have said above: it is not the case I'm "banned" from asking if I have done 1 line of core edit, but I can't expect much help if I have devastated the Server folder.

You also have to remember, that certain forks previously have been antagonistic to this community. Not just the team, but the entire community.

Yep, I have posted those ones I believe are much valid and especially whose authors were helpful to the community. And sincerely, they cover quite everything (ML, SA and soon HS).

Other projects I know are a collection of other projects, or their strongest point were highly surpassed by RunUO and the forks I mentioned, or anyway abandoned from long time.

But see, if we can help we can help... but when it comes to external projects, only few of us know them so in that case it would be better to ask to their forums/tracker. But only due to our ignorance.
Of course, if the question is about a thing that is common to RunUO "vanilla", we can help... but always if we do know the answer.
Right, Even though I'm not a big fan of the rule, I've always felt that if we can help, we should, but also direct the person to the location where they are most likely to receive the best help. And in a case like this, where the project has its own svn, its own bugtracker, and an entire forum section on another site dedicated to it... thats probably where they should be sent.

And lets face it, while James420 is correct in saying that many people here use the SA SVN, (although even still, his and my definition of "many" greatly differs) even less of them truly know the inner workings of it. So the best support would really come from the project authors, who seem to prefer orbsydia.

I believe that rule is not meant to be a diktat, rather a brief of what I have said above: it is not the case I'm "banned" from asking if I have done 1 line of core edit, but I can't expect much help if I have devastated the Server folder.
Right, I was never suggesting any sort of punitive action, just pointing out that the rule exists, and the reasons why should be obvious.

This is also solves the problem of people who are completely new to running a servers, and don't even know the differences, and try to get help here without reporting they are using as fork.

Yep, I have posted those ones I believe are much valid and especially whose authors were helpful to the community. And sincerely, they cover quite everything (ML, SA and soon HS).

Other projects I know are a collection of other projects, or their strongest point were highly surpassed by RunUO and the forks I mentioned, or anyway abandoned from long time.
Heh, I was speaking of Wyatt and RunUO RE, whyich is probably ancient history for most of you.

Heh, I was speaking of Wyatt and RunUO RE, whyich is probably ancient history for most of you.

don't mention the devil :D

going OT...

evil fork is evil fork
http://www.sunuo.org/
2006/02/09
DoS by the RunUO team
This night, the RunUO team unsuccessfully tried to perform a Denial of Service attack on the SunUO server. The attacks came from 67.15.136.5, which happens to be www.runuo.com. How childish. Background information here and here.
Update: this is an excerpt from my web server's access log. I have asked Mark from the RunUO team (who hangs around in the #sunuo IRC channel) for an official statement on this issue.

storytelling is one of most funny tasks:

[2010-07-08 21:33:03] <Kamron> Max is malicious
[2010-07-08 21:33:05] <Kamron> and hes a douchebag
[2010-07-08 21:33:06] <Kamron> nuff said..
[2010-07-08 21:33:15] <Kamron> the truth is
[2010-07-08 21:33:22] <Kamron> Max is not from Defiance... and he did attack RunUO, multiple times
[2010-07-08 21:33:34] <Kamron> other players from Defiance attacked RunUO too (regarding some faction code or some shit, I dunno)

Ok, now we had a good lol, to return in topic (but still OT):

- RuOSI seems stucked... or no wait, I have to admit Wyatt did progresses recently!
- RunUO Extended?... no activity and their forum DB seems vanished.
- SunUO is still at the same point... a thing I always asked myself is which is its task... maybe it had a purpose during RunUO 1.0 but now we have better saving systems and MONO support, why are there people still interested to SunUO? (asking coding-wise, not for political)

Other forks... I have removed them from my mind :)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Yeah, I noticed that RuOSI has some support for the HS stuff and seems to be adding some fixes that some of the recent EA patches have done. Is this project closed source...? Can't wait till we can see this kind of content in RunUO...imagine it won't be too long away. Think I'll wait instead of checking out RuOSI...would probably just get headaches from translating back and forth. :/

Yeah, I noticed that RuOSI has some support for the HS stuff and seems to be adding some fixes that some of the recent EA patches have done. Is this project closed source...? Can't wait till we can see this kind of content in RunUO...imagine it won't be too long away. Think I'll wait instead of checking out RuOSI...would probably just get headaches from translating back and forth. :/

As Garret sustained RuOSI is based on RunUO 2.0, I'd say RuOSI license is a mix of violated-GPLv2-on-point-2b and NFRU (Not For RunUO.com Users).

ruosi.png

Oh well, in Thilgon/Peo/MalG/Callandor2k/ASayre & co/RunUO Community I trust :p

edit: in the end, we have only to implement HS packets and some scripting... we HAVE a packetguide which IS for RunUO users ;)

edit2: adapted the license :D although I remember Garret posting an old complete sourcecode of RunUO-RE somewhere...

Yeah, I noticed that RuOSI has some support for the HS stuff and seems to be adding some fixes that some of the recent EA patches have done. Is this project closed source...?
Right, which is illegal, as derivative works based on an open source work, must be open source as well.

It's funny because first, they decompiled RunUO before it was open source and released the sources to the public. (Also illegal)

Now he has closed sourced it and appears to be selling it for money. None of the copyright issues matter, Russia does acknowledge the GPL, but enforcement is well... nonexistant or ineffective. http://www.break.com/index/russian-police-arrest-fail-1971345 (just for the lulz)

Besides, as Daedalus pointed out, other projects are progressing very well.

Jack Offski

Wanderer
Has anyone marked which scripts work with this new version? Or do we have to slog through tons of scripts to see what works and what doesn't? Also, any list of which scripts are compatible with each other (in older versions I noticed not all scripts work with all versions, and there was NO WAY to tell the difference until getting compile errors, by which time one had to totally reinstall and start over... a very tedious process at best. It would be great if all scripts were grouped together and separate from the others so we can know that they work together without the fuss. Even a tag on the title of a script that indicates which version(s) it works with would help.
Also note: please be kind to this newbie; I've tried reading through the massive volumes of FAQ's and think it may take another year or two to read them all to find all the data I need in a timely fashion.

Jeff

Lord
If you use SVN, you dont have to reinstall and start all over ... grab VisualSVN server, setup your own SVN, and before you try ti install a new script, make sure you commit everything to your SVN. This way, if it doesnt work, you can just undo the changes...

There is never going to be a list of what scripts work with what versions.

wildman1920

Wanderer
when using xmlspawner with runuo 2.1 i get tons of errors when it attempts to compile, but when i
use runuo 2.0 everything works great....what is the reason for this?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Believe there are a few topics on this matter, I know there are people using xml spawner on 2.1. So it can't be that hard of a fix. I believe you just need to add support for the way Tiles are dealt with now, and perhaps support for the new map (does 2.1 use the new map yet?) If you can't find help, you should post your errors in a new topic in script support and see if someone is willing to help you get it sorted. =P

HellRazor

Knight
You can grab the XMLSpawner that is included with the Mondain's Legacy SVN, it is updated to work with the latest RUO SVN.

Otherwise, the updates are relatively minor. A few spots to use lists instead of arrays and a few spots to expand XMLSpawner to the extended item regions/new maps for SA/HS clients.

Hi, just downloaded the source but I cannot find the class MovementImpl or any other that implements IMovement. Is this really missing or am I blind?

Thanks

Kyra Elizabeth

Wanderer
Awesome work!
Everythings goin great for me, runs nice and smooth.
I was just curious about powerscrolls? i tried to read every post to find it somewhere.
Had a test character kill some champs that i spawned to see that everything went well.
So far havent received any pss or artifacts from champs?
wondering if i need to add that myself or how that works?
thanks bunches.