RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.2 Released and the introduction of Jira

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Community -

I am proud to announce the release of RunUO 2.2 which can be found at the following links:

RunUO 2.2 Full Download
RunUO 2.2 Source

The changes which have gone into this release are extensive, with a total of about 150 revisions to the SVN since the last release.

I am also pleased to inform you we have implemented Jira from Atlassian Pty Ltd. Jira is a project management and issue tracking package which will allow us to better resolve outstanding issues or feature requests with RunUO. The Demise development team which has really been pushing RunUO development as of this time is committed to the utilization of Jira which will provide us with wonderful change logs and tracking going forward.

Our Jira instance is located at http://jira.runuo.com and is open to the public. As of right now we're working on documentation which will assist you with guidelines on how to utilize Jira and standards for reporting missing features or bugs to it. In the mean time you can at least look around and familiarize yourself with it.

I would like to take a moment to personally thank the staff members and contributors of UOGamers: Demise who have played a very important role in pushing RunUO forward in a quest to make Demise a better shard. It's hard work like this which makes RunUO an amazing project for everyone to share.

We appreciate your support and look forward to many more releases of RunUO and the impending release of the all new ConnectUO!

Thanks,
Ryan McAdams

Atlassian Pty Ltd.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Nice to see the new updates, but correct me if I'm wrong. Nothing in the actual core has been changed with this release, correct? Other than the support that I believe 2.1 was missing, but one of the later svn's had the support for it. Just wondering.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Nice to see the new updates, but correct me if I'm wrong. Nothing in the actual core has been changed with this release, correct? Other than the support that I believe 2.1 was missing, but one of the later svn's had the support for it. Just wondering.

Here's a dirty changelog that I need to clean up:

http://svn.runuo.com/2.2-changelog

It's also probably not remotely complete.

Ryan

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Heh, yeah. I was already looking through the commit comments. They don't really do much justice as a change log though, lol. I've started to just dig through the files, finding the ones that have been edited the most recently. Guess the bigger question everyone will have though...any big changes? Sure there's nothing big like...HS ship movement yet, but there's always hope. =P

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Heh, yeah. I was already looking through the commit comments. They don't really do much justice as a change log though, lol. I've started to just dig through the files, finding the ones that have been edited the most recently. Guess the bigger question everyone will have though...any big changes? Sure there's nothing big like...HS ship movement yet, but there's always hope. =P

I just bought us 3 new accounts for testing purposes that are paid for in advance for a year so that we can document a lot of the missing features. This should help a lot of that stuff move forward much more quickly.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I agree, I also believe Nerun is looking for OSI accounts to validate and start working on new spawns/decoration. Seems development on RunUO is picking back up again, nice to see that again. =D

Quick question though, may not be the correct section...ever plan on adding server side encryption to RunUO as the default package? I know there's existing packages that exist to already do so, and it wouldn't be very hard for the new dev team to maintain and add new keys (assuming OSI never changes the encryption type.) Just seems like a pretty big package that would server a good use on all shards, would also make it easier for the future CUO (web launcher) to launch a shard without the need of launching it through Razor (if you even want that as an option...imagine some users would stop using CUO if it forced them to use Razor; although I'll always use it myself.) Just a thought, don't flame me if you don't like the idea. =P

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
I cannot request an account on jira. It tells me that its not configured.

We're currently working through some documentation on it... as soon as we have everything documented on how we want to utilize it it'll open back up :)

moneo

Sorceror
Good to see a new official build, and the continued support for the project.

Just curious, is 2.2 built from SVN 752 ?
Also is there a recommended best client version to use?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
It should support the newest client without an issue. Also where do you see 752? All I see is 751. And by looking at the edits, it is built from the most current.