RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Runuo devel svn issue.

Xavier

Account Terminated
As has been pointed out already, the RunUO development SVN has become inaccessible via anonymous login.

Until the RunUO SVN is fixed, we will maintain a mirror for public download, by SVN checkout (versions do not match RunUO versions). We will try to keep this updated as needed for the time being.

svn://204.152.217.137/runuodevel

_Epila_

Sorceror
Right now, i can access, view files and update to the latest version (rev 952) but i can't get the svn log (changelog or anything like that)
I'm using the Cornerstone client and getting this message
"The repository's log could not be downloaded because you do not have the necessary permissions.
You need permission to read the repository's root folder to download and cache the log."

I think is nice to be able to read the repository's log to see what has been changed and the devs comments. That make easier to sport what and why has been changed

Bloodsucker

Wanderer
I am trying to checkout the svn http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/ and I can't because it ask about a login.

There anonymous user needs an account?

Thanks for your time.

PS: With svn://204.152.217.137/runuodevel it works. I am lost. I have to use that mirror or the "oficial" svn?

Edit:

I've seen that svn://204.152.217.137/runuodevel doesn't have all history changes. It only has two last months of changes.

Thanks again and correct me if I am confuse with something. Where is the "oficial" svn? :-(

Athena

Account Terminated
You cannot download from RunUO's official SVN so we had to create a new temporary SVN for updates to be obtained, that is why you are not seeing the full history. At some point I'll look into cloning the official SVN so it'll contain all the history, but for now, it is what it is.

Xavier

Account Terminated
I am trying to checkout the svn http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/ and I can't because it ask about a login.

There anonymous user needs an account?

Thanks for your time.

PS: With svn://204.152.217.137/runuodevel it works. I am lost. I have to use that mirror or the "oficial" svn?

Edit:

I've seen that svn://204.152.217.137/runuodevel doesn't have all history changes. It only has two last months of changes.

Thanks again and correct me if I am confuse with something. Where is the "oficial" svn? :-(

I was discussing SVN issues with Ryan recently, and he has some ideas which will probably make things operate a little more efficiently and reliably. Ill see if we can get it mirrored with revision history in the meantime

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
Have you guys considered putting the source up on GitHub? I think Git is very powerful and friendly, and you can even keep all of the SVN history if you clone it from a source with the history.

brodock

Sorceror
Putting on Github is the best alternative if you guys want community contribution. Many open source proje ts saw a tremendous increase in patches and community engagement by moving both to git and github

Xavier

Account Terminated
We've already decided on a way to eliminate this problem, and it should be done today or tomorrow.

Xavier

Account Terminated
http://runuo.googlecode.com/svn/

Its on Google code. The revision history is intact, and uploading right now. Its about rev500 right now, and should be done soon. Gotta run out, so if it disconnects, Ill have to resume it when I get back.

I'm sure Ryan will provide more specifics when he's back, but for now, at least you'll be able to get the code.

nerun

Sorceror
Thank you Xavier, downloaded it right now and it is at rev. 985, working very well (EDIT: all changelogs ok).

Xavier

Account Terminated

Since people are still reading this, figured I may as well give a status. We've had a few bug fixes over the last couple weeks, including bolas and dismount problems, spawner behavior, and some AI tweaks to ML mobiles. After we get a few more fixes in SVN, and if it all goes well with the Demise update tomorrow, I will get the public svn updated - probably Sunday.