RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Development

Xavier

Account Terminated
We have been doing a lot of work on revamping things in recent weeks, and as everyone knows, the SVN/webserver combination has been repeatedly causing issues concerning anonymous access. So, the best solution is to leave it private, and create a public distro for it. Hence, googlecode. We will be working in the former public SVN, and periodically push it to the public site. That site would be:

http://runuo.googlecode.com

The SVN brower is at:

http://code.google.com/p/runuo/source/browse/#svn/devel

And, to checkout/update from the SVN:

svn checkout http://runuo.googlecode.com/svn/devel/ runuo-read-only

At this time, we are only supporting SVN, as it is what everyone knows. Maybe in the future we will look at GIT, but for now, what you see is what you get.

Also, we have been working on documentation for RunUO. The shard administration docs are not ready for review yet, but we have generated code documentation. That documentation is available for now, on a temporary site we are setting up for Demise info. You can view the example docs we have setup at:

http://www.uo-demise.net/runuo/

This documentation is only here for preview. It needs work still.

Also, we have bundled up the project at SVN rev 987. This includes various downloads, some with source, some binaries, as well as just the core.

If you would like to preview the quest givers, we have also recently put most of the Mondain's Legacy quest system both on our test center and on Demise. The code is not available for this, and probably wont be until its more complete.

And... we are working on downloadable documentation formats, and will post those when they are ready.

Keep checking back for updates, they will be coming.

Also, for those interested:

AssistUO RC7 released, fixes, encryption support, hotkeys separated from macros, etc.
http://assistuo.com/changelogs/v1-0-7-rc7-feb-04-2013/

nerun

Sorceror
Thank you very much by the bundle (RunUO 2.3), but lol, you forgot to update version number in AssemblyInfo.cs again! Anyway, great release! ;) :)

The_Man

Sorceror
Nice! I like the new docs. Is that something that [docgen will eventually output in the future or is it meant to replace/supplement it? Also, should probably update the homepage product link to the new package or add a link to the google code site. I realize that RunUO has been stable for a long time now and so updates aren't as frequent, but I just hope that the google code svn isn't something that will be a hindrance and updates will make it to it relatively as soon as they are on the private svn. It's already 2 revisions behind the new release. :p

I am looking forward to the new ML quests as well, it's good to see some more recent era progress being made.

Good job. :cool:

Xavier

Account Terminated
Nice! I like the new docs. Is that something that [docgen will eventually output in the future or is it meant to replace/supplement it? Also, should probably update the homepage product link to the new package or add a link to the google code site. I realize that RunUO has been stable for a long time now and so updates aren't as frequent, but I just hope that the google code svn isn't something that will be a hindrance and updates will make it to it relatively as soon as they are on the private svn. It's already 2 revisions behind the new release. :p

I am looking forward to the new ML quests as well, it's good to see some more recent era progress being made.

Good job. :cool:

Thanks :D Eos and Athena get the credit for those quests. They did a remarkable amount of work on it. About 100 of the nearly 200 quests are active in game, and almost all of the rest are done, but disabled till prerequisites are in.

The docs are all doxygen generated. We are working up a decent 'manual' for administering a shard, as well as these, for coding purposes.

For the last couple years, we have been going through bursts of huge development; I guess we are kinda there again, and trying to stick with it, and really get some long-term stuff done. I like publishing stuff; as soon as we are comfortable with devel, we will push it to public.

I think the private devel SVN will be better off for everyone in the long run. If not we can always revisit the debate.

nerun

Sorceror
BUG REPORT
Sorry to report it here, but since Jira is no more, i will report here.

Is not exactly a bug, but reading CFG decorataion files, i found this:

..Data\Decoration\Britannia\Cove.cfg (line 233):
# executioner's axe
Static 0x0F46
2331 1219 0s

There is a string "s" in the "Z" coordinate. It do not crashes shard, but its there.

Athena

Account Terminated
BUG REPORT
Sorry to report it here, but since Jira is no more, i will report here.

Is not exactly a bug, but reading CFG decorataion files, i found this:

..Data\Decoration\Britannia\Cove.cfg (line 233):
# executioner's axe
Static 0x0F46
2331 1219 0s

There is a string "s" in the "Z" coordinate. It do not crashes shard, but its there.

It seems that's been there since rev 2, we'll get it corrected.

nerun

Sorceror
ANOTHER MINOR BUG:
..\Scripts\Commands\GenTeleporter.cs

I made a [clearfacet in all facets before testing it. Here goes:

When you use [TelGen, it send a message to user telling that 1128 teleporters where generated.

But if you make a [global remove where teleporter, it tolds that were removed 1076!!!

And if you open GenTeleporter.cs, and count manually each line CreateTeleporter( x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2, map, false ) as ONE TELEPORTER and each line CreateTeleporter( x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2, map, true ) as TWO TELEPORTERS, so you have only 751!!!! And, remember, that [SHTelgen do not create any real "Item teleporter".

So, how many teleporters are REALLY generated??? Where is the bug?

[EDIT]

I recount teleporters and the right is 1078 not 751 as i wrote above. Appear that:
1 - TelGen count is wrong by 50.
2 - Global remove where teleporter is wrong by 2.

GenTeleporter.cs has 653 teleporter lines. 289 in britain (Felucca + Trammel). 38 of these 289 are TRUE (251 are false). Other maps has 364 teleporters (289 + 364 = 653). 60 of these 364 are TRUE (304 false). So let's count:

Felucca/Trammel count in double, and true count double again:
[251 + (38 * 2)] * 2 = 654

Other facets
304 + (60 * 2) = 424

654 + 424 = 1078 teleporters

Erevan

Sorceror
Also, we have been working on documentation for RunUO. The shard administration docs are not ready for review yet, but we have generated code documentation. That documentation is available for now, on a temporary site we are setting up for Demise info. You can view the example docs we have setup at:

http://www.uo-demise.net/runuo/

This documentation is only here for preview. It needs work still.

any chance we will see actual documentation (rather than just a packages view) for the ConPvP system? at the very least, a brief overview of what it consists of, and various features. there is an awful lot to the system and scouring edits doesn't exactly offer a whole lot of information. :)

i tried doing some searches a few months ago and didn't find anything then.. won't find anything now considering the search function has been broken for quite some time. anything at all, would be appreciated.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Conpvp was only made public a matter of months ago.. Its the code in use on the shards for events: bombingrun, 1 v 1, free for all, etc. Last I looked, there are no actual games in it. Its just the engine that makes it go.

Documenting it beyond generated documention will be a lot of work, and right now, thats just not an option. Theres too much other stuff to get done right now.

Erevan

Sorceror
oh, i didn't mean for there to be any rush on offering any detailed info on it. was just hoping for something a bit more concise sometime in the future when the team finds a spare moment. i haven't played hybrid in what feels like ages, but even the bit you just mentioned is a start on what to expect from it. there was a ton of edits to merge it in, so i wasn't quite sure what all was included. :)

Matt Coatney

Wanderer
I really don't want to step on any toes here but what I have to say is divided between my profession and my sympathy. All documentation of any decent application is created WITH the application. Its a discipline. Its my profession. Respect it or hack it, but don't argue with me. My sympathy comes because this is all done on a volunteer basis. I've done that in other areas, I cut my teeth on MUDs and documenting other MUD coder's work. Don't release the product before you can release a comprehensive documentation. Just a suggestion. But in truth, this forum is a better man page than the docs ever would be and we've gone far too long without a working search function. The project is definitely dying, despite the flash. Too bad. I came very recently hoping this would be a better solution than others but can't get answers that should come swiftly without pouring through the code base. So, props... but, wrap it up nice and tidy now and leave a pretty corpse. Stop working on revisions and upgrades and focus on making sure docs and historical FAQ is in tact, THEN you can vanish. Don't fade away...

Xavier

Account Terminated
So.. stop further development and just make the documentation you want. Gotcha.

FYI, one of them is searchable, but you'd only know that if you actually looked at the links I provided.

fcondon

Sorceror
I love RunUO and would rather have further development then documentation. I just wish the search function on the website would get fixed. It's so hard to find answers to issues, and questions without being able to search for them. (It's been broke for at least 2 weeks now.) :(

The_Man

Sorceror
Just use google search... site:runuo.com "search query"

The search problem isn't just with RunUO, it's with the platform the forum uses (xenforo) and sadly all development on it has been ceased for some time because of a lawsuit.

I also like to favorite topics that I like or want reference to in the future, and like individual post as a marker or favorite.

Tbh, I would rather see an updated code block with syntax hilighting and line numbers. Maybe this: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/geshi-syntax-highlighter.89/

fcondon

Sorceror
Thanks for the tips. I'll utilize google to search the forums for now. It's too bad about xenforo considering the site just recently transferred over to them and now who knows when things will turn around. :(

Xavier

Account Terminated
I love RunUO and would rather have further development then documentation. I just wish the search function on the website would get fixed. It's so hard to find answers to issues, and questions without being able to search for them. (It's been broke for at least 2 weeks now.) :(

The main RunUO site is Ryan and Mark. If I could go in there and rip these forums out ... well, ok, I wont lie. I wouldn't want anything to do with it. Converting these forums over *again* is going to be something I would want nothing to do with. Hopefully there will be a fix; perhaps we can look into setting up a crawler to search these forums with. It wouldn't update in realtime, and wont be quite as effective as the forums search feature, but better than nothing.