RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO, ServUO, And Sphere... A Wake Up Call.

Nagozi

Sorceror
THE PROBLEM WITH THE ULTIMA ONLINE EMULATION COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE

RE: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/uopoison-full-pvp-shard-is-waiting-you.536185/

Everyone here is holding onto a game that is dead and has been for some time; yes Broadsword owns UO now, but the game as we know it will never attract anyone new because the technology it uses can't compete with modern day mmorpgs.

The rest of you, myself not included, are too stuck up to put your prides, egos, and greed between your legs and work together, for a change, on one big free server project instead of wasting your time on all of these small, go-nowhere, servers which will never see the light of day.

People like Tresdni and Ryan and well the majority of you who make big claims of getting paid by running a server emulation of Ultima Online are nothing more than thieves trying to make a name off a game which doesn't even belong to you legally.

I see a lot of dreamers on here that will amount to absolutely zero in the large scheme of things. If you guys really want to impress the vast majority of real gamers out there then why don't you all put your talents together and come up with something worth while.

Until that day comes most of you will wind up in dead end jobs and/or laying wasted in your parents basement wondering, "where the fuck did my life go?". Everyone on here takes these boards and the people on them way too seriously talking about your "teams" and arguing with each other LOL.

I've returned, saw the amount of drama on these boards, now I'm going, Good luck to you all, it's been quite amusing ;)

LFFPicard

Sorceror
Until that day comes most of you will wind up in dead end jobs and/or laying wasted in your parents basement wondering, "where the fuck did my life go?". Everyone on here takes these boards and the people on them way too seriously talking about your "teams" and arguing with each other LOL.

Funny considering a lot of the contributors on these forums I can comfortably assume have decent well paid jobs. Mostly in the IT sector more accurately programming. This is simply a hobby.

Twlizer

Sorceror
Although I disagree with most of what he has said I do agree with his statements about people making money off of others work. It is a valid point!

Nagozi

Sorceror
Sure JEEG84... The truth is you did nothing wrong.

Everyone is/has an asshole and everyone has an opinion. The fact that you posted your server means you're proud of the work you put into it; consequently it's not just your work, but you're proud just the same - nothing abnormal about that. Yet not one person posted a congratulatory or supportive remark; instead your effort to mention your server was met with negativity from the get go.

I think that is what's wrong with the forums. I could have posted the following link where Sythen responds to Enroq. In that instance Sythen was pointing out a valid remark; it might not have been interpreted in the most appropriate manner, however he was simply saying that the posted file was not a plug and play file and there were not any directions on where to install it in the file mentioned: main.cs... so Enroq took it personally and jabbed him with a personal response which let to a shit storm of remarks by Dian who didn't even have business replying to the thread at all on a personal level. Be objective people, you all are on the SAME side with a COMMON hobby! Geez.

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/console-editing-on-the-go.536130/#post-3984232

Ryan hasn't been on in months and personally I think he's moving away from UO Emulation as he has expressed interest in the Richard Garriott's new project. All of this arguing back and forth is a waste of time. You all don't even know each other in the real world and therefore can't really make a valuable or truthful assessment about anyone here simply by taking what you read to heart.

That is why I posted a link to your forum and Enroq's forum just now.

Dian

Sorceror
And your starting this thread, is not on a personal level? Starting a thread pointing fingers at everyone here, yet excluding yourself from the blame you are laying down on 'us' for destroying the UO community? Whatever.

And thats from my actually agreeing with a little bit of what you have to say. Nice.

Tychon

Page
LOLROFL... Nagozi: great points and I couldn't agree with you more.

Dian: you take things too personally, Nagozi wasn't being personal he was being general to everyone, not just you. Do you think the world revolves around you? 'Cause you are ultra sensitive from what I've seen.

LFFPicard: some people on here don't have lives because they troll this forum way too much; I highly doubt many of them have anything to do with IT or can program IRL

Overall you people really need to get a grip. This is a hobby and life is too short for the drama that goes on here. I think ya'll do it out of the sheer lack of anything real to do; I guess at least it's all providing me with entertaining reading :)
Thanks

pooka01

Sorceror
If the message is to motivate us to move away from emulating a "dead" game, don't have fake illusions, not everyone here owns a server nor shows it to everybody, and as it is a hobby for the majority of people here it's their right to play a "dead" game, drame are everywhere on every forums, this is mostly why i stop visiting forums, so it would be great if nobody start threads about targeting people personally, like the link to the post you made, you don't need to downgrade him by directly pooring that in his mouth, that is just an act without common sense, let people learn by themselves.

I personally own a server and i removed it from joinuo and all those craps, people can do their own part in this way, if you act like a medieval monk in a church calling for appocalypse, that won't change anything except creating more and more drama.
Creating a thread about that was stupid.

Greetings.
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Dian

Sorceror
I might put myself in conversations that have nothing to do with me at times, usually when people like you guys come on here just to insult another member.. but at least I try to help people around here. That is my main goal for even coming here.

You guys have no credibility, and I could really care less what you think of me, or say about me.

Nagozi

Sorceror
Talk about making mountains out of mole hills; you all are too funny and this is really very amusing. So Dian you like to finish shit is basically what you're stating... only it doesn't seem you're very effective at it. lol

I might put myself in conversations that have nothing to do with me at times, usually when people like you guys come on here just to insult another member.. but at least I try to help people around here. That is my main goal for even coming here.

So you're the mysterious stranger that comes to everyone's defense.... ROFL Anyone with a backbone doesn't need you to defend them.

You guys have no credibility

That's assuming you know us in the real world and you can prove, without a reasonable doubt, that we lack integrity - which you can't.

I could really care less what you think of me, or say about me

The correct phrase should be written this way: "I couldn't care any less what you think of me". What you wrote implies that you could, in fact, care less about what we think of you.

Arrrr

Wanderer
I still don't get the point of this thread, and since it was posted by a person who wasn't active until a few days, who stated "I've returned, saw the amount of drama on these boards, now I'm going" but still is here, and supported by another non-active poster who speaks assumptions about the personal life of the rest of us (assumptions with zero proofs), i'll take it like it was some failed effort to create a bait thread.

NotTresdni

Wanderer
People like Tresdni and Ryan and well the majority of you who make big claims of getting paid by running a server emulation of Ultima Online are nothing more than thieves trying to make a name off a game which doesn't even belong to you legally.

Trying to make a name for myself? Someone I don't even know is posting about me on a forum I haven't posted on in about two years...so it looks like it's not trying at all actually.

A thief? I don't even run a shard anymore and the home project I'm working on doesn't even have a donation shop, but you may assume what you want. Considering I've contributed to this community more than many, I'm not quite sure why I was brought into this at all. As for the statement about living in our parents basement, you assume too much. Many of us are indeed professionals in a wide variety of coding fields and do this stuff for fun and nostalgia.

It's actually pretty flattering that you only name two names, one being the creator of RunUO, the other being me, whom is not even a part of this community anymore. Who needs to try to make a name for themselves, when you're doing it for them :) I guess I owe you a thank you.

Dian

Sorceror
but.. your.. Not Tresdni.. ? Im confused now.. maybe a hot pocket will straighten things out here.. brb

NotTresdni

Wanderer
Throwaway account, cause they'll just ban me again. Ryan doesn't like me too much. Anyways, back to my island. Take care everyone.