RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RUO ALL] Attackable Items

Vorspire

Knight
I have uploaded the new archive in .ZIP format, it seems the RunUO Forums Are Corrupting RAR files for some reason.

It may be a side-effect of the down-time last night.

Anyhow, the new file is there, enjoy!

CB0T

Sorceror
Hello! Very Cool this script.

But i have some problemas.

The rubble stay in ground forever!

Decay is OFF and movable is False.

The players can´t go forward.

Thanks!

=> RunUO RC2

merlyn2000

Sorceror
looks like a great system. im gonna use this i think ... along with a system i am working on now. this saved me alot of work.

mikeymaze

Wanderer
Remember to make the IDDestroyed (Destroyed ID) into a "move-over-able" object, or players won't be able to p[ass over them..

I dont know how to change th value it sys 633 how do i make it mover -over able can not pass the wall?

this is amazing script just have to figure how to stop the rumble or make it so you can pass over it

Vorspire

Knight
Sorry for the late reply...

Yes, you could make this into a door, just use the door's ItemID for all 3 stages. Of course, the door won't be openable, you'll have to break it down, but that of course, is the point in a destructable door right? :D

i have been having a problem with these

they work great, destroy as needed, etc etc (even made doors lol)

but the problem is the loot drops

works great for 1-3 days, then they items still work great, except they no longer drop the loot
we have a daily restart, so not that doing it
if i turn the spawners off, then back on and respawn the spawners, then they drop loot again

so i am not sure what the problem is, there is nothing there to stop it from dropping the loot
(i.e. can not spawn there)
and the loot is not below ground or anything (checked with area interface)

tried it on the standard spawner also (ugggg) and did same thing
1-3 days later, stop dropping loot

and i can not see anyplace in the script where it would be blocked , no matter how it was spawned

any ideas ??????????????

Vorspire

Knight
That is indeed a strange problem :O
I've personally not had this problem on my shard yet, but I will keep a look-out for it.

Do you have any modified world cleanup or decay scripts that could be affecting the items?

old_school

Wanderer
Hmm for the door I think you dont even need stages. you could simply make a Item thats damageable using the doors closed defult id. Thus making a damageable door. I was working on a simular system like this my self before I retired. But anyway yeah mans this is a awsome script. An I know it took alot of time to make it. cause I remeber making a simular system like this and it took forever. I think I finaly released a half finished version when I released mine. But anyway yeah man this is great. Thanks for shareing this with us.

decay on the items is normal
no special clean up routines at all, besides [claim (grab is only allowed at champ spawns, and no where nere them)

like i said, it drops them like normal for 1-3 days, then they stop, and it is all at once to, not just 1 or 2 but all of them at same time

the items being dropped are varied also, from rocks to logs and even some custom items

that is why it makes no sence to me

but i just keep the spawners on a list and shut them down, restart them and respawn them and all is well

and i can not see how the spawner should even effect them, since that is called when they are "destroyed" in their script

Vorspire

Knight
It is indeed very strange. Maybe you could impliment some sort of logging features that logs a txt line every time an item is destroyed (that is supposed to drop loot) and print the stack trace to that line, see if the loot method is actually being called at all after a certain period of time.

I can't begind to think where this problem might start, but I know the solution will hve to start with debugging it somehow :D

[Why won't my posts in old threads update my bloody avatar/sigpig, lol]

Vorspire

Knight
The Rubble provided by destroying an Attackble Item now ensures that a decay timer will start. This value is set to 5.0 minutes and will automatically delete the item if the item has not yet been removed by world decay.

Also implimented the standard override for the Item.Decays property to ensure that the server knows the item should decay.

Vorspire;827151 said:
The Rubble provided by destroying an Attackble Item now ensures that a decay timer will start. This value is set to 5.0 minutes and will automatically delete the item if the item has not yet been removed by world decay.

Also implimented the standard override for the Item.Decays property to ensure that the server knows the item should decay.

Sorry, but that fix isn't working! I've downloaded the new version and it behaves exactly like the old one.
1.) I'm still not able to move over the "remains".
This is just a minor Problem because you can change the ItemID to another non blocking item (for example 6003)
2.) The rubble still remain on the ground forever. It will not decay or vanish - not after 5 mins. and not even after a worldsave 20 minutes after the wall has been destroyed.
This is the major problem and I still have no idea how to fix it.
Edit: I think the problem is that you can't simply override the attributes of these stones.

Vorspire

Knight
Bryan Fury;827182 said:
Sorry, but that fix isn't working! I've downloaded the new version and it behaves exactly like the old one.
1.) I'm still not able to move over the "remains".
This is just a minor Problem because you can change the ItemID to another non blocking item (for example 6003)
2.) The rubble still remain on the ground forever. It will not decay or vanish - not after 5 mins. and not even after a worldsave 20 minutes after the wall has been destroyed.
This is the major problem and I still have no idea how to fix it.
Edit: I think the problem is that you can't simply override the attributes of these stones.

What version of RunUO are you using? I find it very strange that item decay does not apply on your server.

These modifications have been tested and work fine on a fresh RunUO 2.0 install for me.

Unfortuantely, I can't compensate for the item not being move-over-able, but I did try ;)

Hi Vorspire,
I use a RunUO-2.0-Finalbeta2 Server. I have no idea what is different with that version. :(
greetings
Bryan Fury

PS: Even when the rubble is removed completely it is still one of the greatest scripts ever made. Great job! :)

I found another Problem. :8 It is possible to poison the wall. When you do so you can read a message like "-1 name stumbles around in confusion and pain". It would be nice to make the walls poison imune, but I'm just to stupid to find the right spot in the script. :(

Vorspire

Knight
I'm not too sure on how to add poison immunity, but I do know that you'll need to impliment it into the class that derives from Mobile. This is the hidden Mobile that controls everything in a sense and is located in the DamageableItem script.

M_0_h

Page
In BaseDesItem.cs, look for
Code:
			Update( );
		}

at about line 634. Below the bracket, add

Code:
public override Poison PoisonImmune{ get{ return Poison.Lethal; } }

so in the end it should look like this:

Code:
			Update( );
		}

public override Poison PoisonImmune { get { return Poison.Lethal; } }

public override void GetProperties( ObjectPropertyList list )
		{
			base.GetProperties( list );

Hope that helps ;)