RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S1980 Shard Referral Reward System

Shadow1980

Wanderer
S1980 Shard Referral Reward System

Update: This is for RunUO 1.0.
For the RunUO 2.0 version, click here.
Thanks go to Pyro-Tech for updating it.

Script Name: TellAFriend.cs
Author: Shadow1980
Version: 1.6
Public Release: 17/04/2006
Latest Release: 08/05/2006
Purpose: Automation of Referral Rewards

Description:

Version 1.3
This system allows you to reward players for bringing friends into the shard.
When a new player joins, they receive a gump asking who referred them to the shard. They can then enter the account name of the person in question there.
Once certain configurable conditions are met, the referrer will receive a reward.
By Default, the new player has 7 days to enter the account of the person who referred him/her to the shard. The same timespan has to be passed before the reward system checks if somebody should receive a reward.
Once both the referrer *and* the new player have spent a minimal amount of time in-game ( 120 hours by default ) the referrer will receive a reward if both the new player and the referrer have logged in during the last x days. ( By default 7 )

Version 1.4
* Removed all mention of Account Name of other player in the gumps.
* Added the option in the gump to target a player character as referrer rather then just adding the Account Name.
Entering the Account Name remains an option for players who don't mind giving this to actual friends. People who want either of the options (entering account name or targeting) out of the gump can easely comment out the lines in question on the gump.

Version 1.5
* Updated to support rewards for multiple referrals at once. If a player now brings multiple friends into the shard who all name him/her as referrer, the player will receive a reward for each and every one of them. (Once the set conditions are met.)
Thanks to snicker7 for the Suggestion and for Providing a good way of doing this.

Version 1.6
* Updated to fix a crash issue.
Thanks to Sunshine and Xar for their debug crash report.

Everything is handled on login, so to receive a reward for a referral both accounts have to remain active. The system was designed to reward active players only.

Please note only the referrer receives a reward, but you can easely give a reward to the new player as well.
To do this, uncomment lines 71 and 72. The reward can be found at line 251. Please modify the reward as you see fit, the rest of the script is to remain 'as is'.

Please feel free to make suggestions, though I don't make any promises that any will be implemented.

Acknowledgements: I would like to thank the playerbase of Prophecies for their support and being a constant source of inspiration.

Installation: Put TellAFriend.cs in your \RunUO 1.0\Custom\ folder.

No distro file edits required.

Please support people who release scripts by *rating* their scripts if you appreciate their efforts. This helps users find good scripts more easely.

Attachments

• TellAFriend.cs
    9.5 KB · Views: 324

PappaSmurf

Knight
Shadow1980 said:
Script Name: TellAFriend.cs
Author: Shadow1980
Version: 1.3
Public Release: 17/04/2006
Purpose: Automation of Referral Rewards

Description:

This system allows you to reward players for bringing friends into the shard.
When a new player joins, they receive a gump asking who referred them to the shard. They can then enter the account name of the person in question there.
Once certain configurable conditions are met, the referrer will receive a reward.
By Default, the new player has 7 days to enter the account of the person who referred him/her to the shard. The same timespan has to be passed before the reward system checks if somebody should receive a reward.
Once both the referrer *and* the new player have spent a minimal amount of time in-game ( 120 hours by default ) the referrer will receive a reward if both the new player and the referrer have logged in during the last x days. ( By default 7 )
Everything is handled on login, so to receive a reward for a referral both accounts have to remain active. The system was designed to reward active players only.

Please note only the referrer receives a reward, but you can easely give a reward to the new player as well.
To do this, uncomment lines 69 and 70. The reward can be found at line 206. Please modify the reward as you see fit, the rest of the script is to remain 'as is'.

Please feel free to make suggestions, though I don't make any promises that any will be implemented.

Acknowledgements: I would like to thank the playerbase of Prophecies for their support and being a constant source of inspiration.

Installation: Put TellAFriend.cs in your \RunUO 1.0\Custom\ folder.

No distro file edits required.

I'd put in a IP logger so that shards that allow 2 accounts or more per IP don't have people "refering" themselves.

Shadow1980

Wanderer
PappaSmurf said:
I'd put in a IP logger so that shards that allow 2 accounts or more per IP don't have people "refering" themselves.

Never thought of that as we don't allow more then 1 account. If somebody would like to code such a thing I would be glad to put it in.
(As we don't have any need for it ourselves and I have plenty of other projects lined up ;) )

Good suggestion though!

Greystar

Wanderer
nice Idea and I do see a very nice use for it to help shard recruit new players ;). by getting older players to help recruit by offering a reward.

Rosey1

Wanderer
i tried it and changed the item a little but i have a question. How do you feel about giving other people your account name?

Pyro-Tech

Knight
This is great idea....i have wanted something like this, but lack the knowledge to do such a thing...

thank you :)

EDIT: yes the account name thing is a little questionable...but not too bad

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Somebody having your accountname shouldn't be a big deal. Normally you refer friends to the game + by default RunUO even counselors can see your accountname anyways.

I suppose you could do it through targetting another player ingame if you would want to, but this requires both of these players to be online at the same time. This method was just quick & clean without a lot of hassle.

Thanks to everybody for the support, I have waited a long time to release anything since my last ones as the experience in the past was less then pleasurable ;)

princess

Wanderer
i was wondering, if this would like say you have someone on dial up or with dynamic ip's, is there a way to make sure someone like that cant just take advantage of this time and time again? because i have a one acct thing kickin on my shard, but one of my friends was able to make a second acct. any suggestions?

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Regardless of what protection you put in, people will always be able to abuse that. IP protection is very easy to bypass. Other people could create an account for somebody, proxies can be used, etc.
Since this system only hands out a reward once somebody has been ingame for a significant amount of time, you should be ok from these forms of abuse for the most part.

Rosey1

Wanderer
u know what would be cool would be after so many rewards, they could exchange it for something else. Like 5 gets you a choice of x, y or z.

Sunshine

Wanderer
Shadow1980 said:
I suppose you could do it through targetting another player ingame if you would want to, but this requires both of these players to be online at the same time. This method was just quick & clean without a lot of hassle.

I hate to ask but I am anyway. Is there a way to modify to where you can target the player rather than putting in the account name? if So can you post the needed changes? I would be glad to but I have no idea how...:confused:

PS I think this script is one of the better ones released as of late..THANK YOU for sharing it

Johabius

Knight
Thanks for the submission of this. The shard I play on, used to have a buddy referral thing going on, but got rid of the idea because it just took too much time from the every day running of the shard I'm guessing. Mostly it was done on the honor system, so the staff had to do everything by hand as far as checking account ages, and people referred I think. I'll definitely be recommending this to my shards administration.

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Sunshine said:
I hate to ask but I am anyway. Is there a way to modify to where you can target the player rather than putting in the account name? if So can you post the needed changes? I would be glad to but I have no idea how...:confused:

PS I think this script is one of the better ones released as of late..THANK YOU for sharing it

I could indeed, but you would have to give me until at least next weekend as I have very little time during weekdays next to work and running our shard!