RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S1980 Shard Referral Reward System

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Rosey1 said:
u know what would be cool would be after so many rewards, they could exchange it for something else. Like 5 gets you a choice of x, y or z.
one thing you can do, and i will prolly do this:

1) download this and the vendor stone....forgot who made it

2) make a custom item that is given every time you refer someone to the shard

3) set the stone to accept the custom item, along with the various rewards you can get.

I plan on doing this instead of always getting the same item in return

EDIT: what i have actually done, is leave the item, and add a special token that you can also get referal credit's....so...yeah....YAY :D

Shadow1980

Wanderer
There are many easy ways to manipulate the reward(s) given, based on your needs. The script provided 'as is' is for relatively inexperienced coders. Those with some minor coding skills are free to manipulate it as they see fit as long as it is for own use.
The reward in the script is provided as an example, and to release something 'complete' in case somebody really doesn't know how to make any modifications. :)
Pyro-Tech referral credits are a good way of doing it. This enables you flexibility and allows you to let people choose from a range of rewards instead.

For our shard ( Prophecies ) we have a fairly low end item shard compared to most out there. No uber items and such, so the example reward is quite valuable. (Blessed items with properties are extremely sought after.)

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Released version 1.4

Included Sunshine's request to enable targetting a character ingame.
Removed all mention of the other player's Account Name.
Fixed a small typo in a commented line, disabling this from working correctly. (In case somebody would have uncommented it, it wouldn't have worked.)

Thank you for all your suggestions and support. Please rate the script if you use it, there where 50+ downloads, quite a few replies and only 3 ratings :)

Sunshine

Wanderer
Shadow1980 said:
Released version 1.4

Included Sunshine's request to enable targetting a character ingame.
Removed all mention of the other player's Account Name.
Fixed a small typo in a commented line, disabling this from working correctly. (In case somebody would have uncommented it, it wouldn't have worked.)

Thank you for all your suggestions and support. Please rate the script if you use it, there where 50+ downloads, quite a few replies and only 3 ratings :)

Thank You again..I have rated it to match my thoughts on your work...OUTSTANDING ..idea..script and could not ask for better support in speed, kindness, nor patience with me

Sunshine

Wanderer
may just be me...(strange things happen to me sometimes) anyway ..but I am not getting any question about invited by..or who was the Referrer

it compiles fine and all

thanks will await word back

:)

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Sunshine said:
may just be me...(strange things happen to me sometimes) anyway ..but I am not getting any question about invited by..or who was the Referrer

it compiles fine and all

thanks will await word back

:)

Make sure you use a brand new account to test. :) The account logging in can't be older then 7 days by the default settings. Otherwise the gump will not show up.
This is done to prevent your entire playerbase using this to refer eachother when you first install the script. It is meant to be an incentive for getting new players in only. :)

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Sunshine said:
Thank You again..I have rated it to match my thoughts on your work...OUTSTANDING ..idea..script and could not ask for better support in speed, kindness, nor patience with me

You're quite welcome. As I said I made this because I wanted this myself, so any suggestions are quite useful. This way the system evolves to get better over time. Thank *you* for your support ;)

Killamus said:
17+ hours a day logged in? Kinda harsh.

Not sure I understand what you mean.
1) You can change the settings to whatever you like.
2) There is no 'be logged in x hours per day' requirement, but an overall gametime requirement. 120 hours can be achieved with a minimal of 2 hours play during the first 2 months, or 1 hour per day for 4 months, or w/e.
Please change it to whatever you feel it should be on your shard.

Lucid Nagual said:
Hi bud.
Noticed this post and love the idea. I will add this on the next reboot. Many thanks :)

Thanks and you are most welcome. :)

Sunshine

Wanderer
Shadow1980 said:
Make sure you use a brand new account to test. :) The account logging in can't be older then 7 days by the default settings. Otherwise the gump will not show up.
This is done to prevent your entire playerbase using this to refer eachother when you first install the script. It is meant to be an incentive for getting new players in only. :)

The test shard is set to only 1 account per Ip so I have to create new player ones each time anyway....so when I created a new player to test this I got no refer thingy....so I removed that one..rebooted and again created a new char..but still no refer thingy...

not sure if it matters but will let you know this too..:
now I do have it set where both players earn a reward ..one loyality and one referring..but I tested those on the old script they worked perfect and I just transfered them over and removed the // from the appropraite lines..

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Hi Sunshine: As long as the account has been created within the last 7 days it should work fine. Please try the script with all default settings, see what it does and then try changing lines. Uncommenting lines 71 & 72 is ok, they make no difference regarding the issue you are describing.

I have tested this script thoroughly and I am getting the gump every single time on a few different testservers. (Unless the account has been created more then 7 days ago ;) )

If you would like live assistance, you are free to drop by in our irc channel. Here is a link that takes you straight into there through a webbased client.
Click here for the irc chat.
Please say my nickname in the channel to grab my attention, or sent me a private message there by typing /query Shadow1980 Hail

Sunshine

Wanderer
Shadow1980 said:
Hi Sunshine: As long as the account has been created within the last 7 days it should work fine. Please try the script with all default settings, see what it does and then try changing lines. Uncommenting lines 71 & 72 is ok, they make no difference regarding the issue you are describing.

I have tested this script thoroughly and I am getting the gump every single time on a few different testservers. (Unless the account has been created more then 7 days ago ;) )

If you would like live assistance, you are free to drop by in our irc channel. Here is a link that takes you straight into there through a webbased client.
Click here for the irc chat.
Please say my nickname in the channel to grab my attention, or sent me a private message there by typing /query Shadow1980 Hail

Works perfectly ..it was me and my poor scritping..did I say Scripting ..I meant modifying that caused the issue...

This script works Perfectly ..Thanks again

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i rated it for ya...5 Star! :D

anyways, in the new version, is it just targeting?? in the end, i like the account thing better i think

EDIT: also, for my shard, i don't use big uber items, but i do have alot of custom and rare items which are used and are handy and what not. I only did it cause if you were doing referrals for the item, getting the same item over and over wouldn't be worth much to me IMO. so i had it give an item for the recognition, and then a special token setup in which you get a token for every referral....i have a few things ranging from 1 token to 10 right now so...yeah

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Sunshine already answered it :) It offers both options.

The idea of tokens is a good one, but for our shard the amount of useful items in 'odd slots' is very limited, so this item on itself will already be of great value.
Of course like with everything, usefulness of something differs from shard to shard so please feel free to modify the reward as you see fit. :)

Greystar

Wanderer
snicker7 said:
Shadow, nice stuff. What happens if someone refers more than one person at a time?

Unless he changed it, if both new people log in before the referrer then one reward is overwritten due to the way tags work. Atleast that's how he explained it to me. Then again it's his code I should let him explain it. I haven't had alot of time to sit down comfortably at my computer without being harrassed so I tend to go walking for hours on end.

snicker7

Sorceror
Greystar said:
I haven't had alot of time to sit down comfortably at my computer without being harrassed so I tend to go walking for hours on end.
=[ sorry to hear. walking is better anyways.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
That would seem to be the case....would be better to set it up to allow more than one refer at one time....would suck to actually get 8 people, then only get the one in the end