RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scripting Resources

krrios

Administrator
Scripting Resources

Looking to learn C#? You're sure to find something useful here ;)

All the links on this thread were last checked and found working on 19/11/2006.

wildjoker78

Wanderer
This site has a free .Net development evrioment... kinda like .Net studio

http://www.icsharpcode.net/

its great for a c# editor and has built in intelli sense , but best of all its Free

Punnikin

Wanderer
I checked out a lot of the scripting tutorials and noticed a common denominator. They all assume you have some prior knowledge of C++ or C# programming. After all, who would try to write code or scripts without knowing what they write.
Taking existing scripts and modifying them is all well and good, but starting fresh would be even better. Only problem is, nobody wants to teach the very basics. It's much easier to teach what you're doing than what you've already done. Here's the break some of us are looking for. A teacher made his own website and put his books on-line. I know diddly squat about C#, but I'm beginning to finally understand it thanks to this guy. I encourage everyone who is at the bottom of the programming food chain to visit this site and study what is in these books.

Vijay Mukhi's Technology Cornucopia

I can't believe something I've done has yielded results. :)

SimonSez

Wanderer
Some Hope

Well... By trade Im a CNC programmer for machine shops "G-Code" which basically boils down to coordinate systems. I havent touched the C-Programming language since highschool so im having to relearn it somewhat, and since the links on this thread dont seem to work id like to offer one that seems to help me quite a bit. CProgramming.com
Hope this helps some of you or gives some of you a little direction. ;)

PappaSmurf

Knight
Another useful link

http://ultima.lonet.cz/download.php

You want an editor to work with UO's files, for gathering info when custom scripting or to inject custom info mul files to make your scripting easier. They probably have it. As well you can find useful tools for information gathering like Cliloc readers etc. They've gathered links to the downloads for most of the best tools available to make life easier.

**edit**
Jeff suggests that UOFiddler works with the new file format if you compile it from their SVN
**end edit**

I am looking for where to start i need to know what programs i need to open and edit scripts i am looking to download a shard so that i can add and test the scripts i am working on so on and so forth

Iomega0318

Sorceror
You have everything you need to "edit and open them", you can use Notepad, Wordpad, etc. they are basically just text files with a cs extension. However I would recommend Microsoft Visual C#, you can get it for free from Microsoft and it's great for doing scripts!