RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shard Move - Update

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
So based on the overwhelming feedback from the players in game and the forums we are going to attempt to bring up the shard in Chicago and see how the response is. We're not committing to a long term contract there until we're satisfied. I will post more news about the date of the move and updates as we go.

Thanks,
Ryan

Venitas

Wanderer
Can somebody give me ip for Chicago? I thought we will pick Washington DC - winner on votes;) It is probably the closest to the Europe and ping is around 100. For me playing on ping which iam now around 130 is still high but if it would over 130 probably few of us will have to resign. I havent seen Chicago on on the list

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
What was interesting for me is living in Cincinnati, I ping 50ms to the current server (in Cincinnati). I ping 7ms to Chicago...

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
This *should* lower everyone's ping... all of the traffic for the shard (while it's in Cincinnati) goes to Chicago and then backhauls to Cincinnati from there. So we're dropping hops to get to the shard.

Venitas

Wanderer
heh.. Quite bad for me have to say. I'm living in GB and ping is around 170 to 250 even sometimes but what to do it is not me to decide i can only give some feedback. Depends how it would behave i will have to consider playing on hybrid unfortunately. Im assuming only deeper in Europe ping would be even worse.

Eskeshehir

Knight
How am i looking on that front.

Will login2.uodemise.com still work? I've been using that since Mark told me and Frost about it, and the difference for me is immense.

Chicago=232min 271max
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\anon>ping 64.250.112.1

Pinging 64.250.112.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 64.250.112.1: bytes=32 time=246ms TTL=237
Reply from 64.250.112.1: bytes=32 time=252ms TTL=237
Reply from 64.250.112.1: bytes=32 time=232ms TTL=237
Reply from 64.250.112.1: bytes=32 time=271ms TTL=237

Ping statistics for 64.250.112.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 232ms, Maximum = 271ms, Average = 250ms

OctavianGT

Traveler
i'm sorry guys but i'm not sure what i'm looking at I can ping the IP in chicago just fine.. but what number do i look at to know if my ping is going to be higher or worse? whats our current IP

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Staff member
i'm sorry guys but i'm not sure what i'm looking at I can ping the IP in chicago just fine.. but what number do i look at to know if my ping is going to be higher or worse? whats our current IP
Average and packet loss, but I'd recommend a ping 64.250.112.1 -t (check for ping oscillations and stability)
Ping statistics for 64.250.112.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 178ms, Maximum = 181ms, Average = 179ms