RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shards Online - Ultima Online Spiritual Successor with Custom Rules

daemius

Traveler
Hi all, have you seen the Kickstarter for Shards Online?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1468280928/shards-online-a-customizable-sandbox-mmorpg

A bunch of guys from UO are on the project, the main thing is that they'll make sure admins have total control of their own servers, much like the emulation scene, with scripting capabilities in LUA.

Por ort Grav!

Even Giant deers are a possibilty.

So, are you guys going to back it up? The alpha starts in December 2014, according to the devs.

Notice: I'm not affiliated with the devs, I'm just very excited for this project.

_Epila_

Sorceror
shards online a customizable sandbox mmorpg
UO is basically that. Every game aspect is held by the server but the graphics, that we have hard work to modify them. (we are also tied with other minor things, but...)
It (UO) does need better graphics. The isometric UO view for pvp/pve/gameplay is something unique. It is also very cool pan the camera and see from different angles, but I'd go for the isometric/aerial 3D UO-like camera for the majority of time

The project seems to be very cool, specially when talking about the customization. Hope this project goes live as soon as possible
Thank you for sharing it with us :)

daemius

Traveler
Yeah, UO for me is the perfect game but it really would take advantage of new graphics and integrated customization ^^ I'm really glad I'm not alone on thinking this.

Props to the RunUO community for keeping the game alive for so long ;]