RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spawn Editor 2

Alari

Wanderer
ArteGordon said:
I'll check out the window sizing issue.

I'll also think a bit more about how to interact with offset spawning areas, like perhaps adding an option to go either to the spawning area, or to the spawer location.

I know I'm half-blind and large fonts messes up a lot of programs, so no worries. ;)

If you need the code snippet just ask. =) I'm not so much worried about going to the location as I am about them showing the bounds right. (In game the 'show bounds' setting shows the spawning area, and the spawner spawns within those bounds, it just doesn't show the bounds right in the new editor.)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Alari said:
I know I'm half-blind and large fonts messes up a lot of programs, so no worries. ;)

If you need the code snippet just ask. =) I'm not so much worried about going to the location as I am about them showing the bounds right. (In game the 'show bounds' setting shows the spawning area, and the spawner spawns within those bounds, it just doesn't show the bounds right in the new editor.)

yeah, I fixed it. It now loads those in properly. Just be aware that if you drag-and-drop the region or change the XY bounds through the XY bounds tool, it will relocate the spawner in the center of that region.
I'll have to add some additional switches/toggles/doodads to allow specifying spawner location independently of spawning area. Not a big deal.

Alari

Wanderer
ArteGordon said:
Just be aware that if you drag-and-drop the region or change the XY bounds through the XY bounds tool, it will relocate the spawner in the center of that region.

The old version of the visual spawn editor did that too, so no worries. :>

ArteGordon

Wanderer
ok, updated to 1.00c

- fixed the issue of incorrectly shifting spawn regions that were not located at the same place as the spawner itself.

(edit)

I'm also going to throw in a slight mod to allow resizing things a bit even in the details view and see if it handles the issues you are seeing Alari.

Alari

Wanderer
ArteGordon said:
ok, updated to 1.00c

- fixed the issue of incorrectly shifting spawn regions that were not located at the same place as the spawner itself.
That fixed it, the bounds show up right now. =) Thank you very much!

Do [xmlsaveall and the visual spawn editor know how to deal with xml spawners inside containers?

Alari

Wanderer
ArteGordon said:
I just upped a slightly modified version that allows resizing down from 1024x768.

See what that does for you.

A picture is worth a thousand words. This is what it looks like when I choose "Details":

(That was with the 100c version)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Alari said:
For you, I'll mess with the demon of font resizing. :> Be back after a reboot, whee. =D
lol, I just spent the last 10 minutes wrestling with him after I changed settings to see what might be going on at 1024x768 Large :)

The image is helpful. I'll work on the forms anchoring and font resizing and such so that it behaves nicely.

Alari

Wanderer
ArteGordon said:
lol, I just spent the last 10 minutes wrestling with him after I changed settings to see what might be going on at 1024x768 Large :)

The image is helpful. I'll work on the forms anchoring and font resizing and such so that it behaves nicely.

Ok, I have to hide the taskbar but yeah, "details" works right now, though the map still doesn't switch back to full screen when I turn the details setting off. :confused:;

Everything looks teeny-tiny now, except of course the RunUO forums which look normal. Heh.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Alari said:
Ok, I have to hide the taskbar but yeah, "details" works right now, though the map still doesn't switch back to full screen when I turn the details setting off. :confused:;

Everything looks teeny-tiny now, except of course the RunUO forums which look normal. Heh.

At the moment, if you resized the map to full screen with details off, then turn details on, when you turn them off again it goes back to the initial starting window size. I'll change it so that it goes back to whatever you resized it to before turning on details.

Alari

Wanderer
Oh, doh, didn't realize that. Yeah, I was maximizing the window when the program started. :>

The only other problem I've seen is that all my XMLSpawners that are in containers get shunted to the top left corner of the map. But that may be an issue in how XMLSpawners inside containers are saved to XML in the first place.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Alari said:
Oh, doh, didn't realize that. Yeah, I was maximizing the window when the program started. :>

The only other problem I've seen is that all my XMLSpawners that are in containers get shunted to the top left corner of the map. But that may be an issue in how XMLSpawners inside containers are saved to XML in the first place.

I'll check that out. The spawner location should be in world coords, with the containerX containerY and containerZ values in the Advanced Details giving the position in container coords.

(edit)

yes, what you are seeing is that the spawner location is the location of the container, but the spawning region is given in container coords, and that is why you see it displayed in the corner.
I'll think of a good way to display that. Probably just have it ignore the within-container positioning info and change it to display directly over the container location.

Alari

Wanderer
I do see how some spawners inside containers that I set up with different coordinates have wider spawn areas. :> Dunno if that helps or not. (I was trying to get them to spawn throughout the entire container instead of in one specific spot, increasing the X and Y range seemed to do that.)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Alari said:
I do see how some spawners inside containers that I set up with different coordinates have wider spawn areas. :> Dunno if that helps or not. (I was trying to get them to spawn throughout the entire container instead of in one specific spot, increasing the X and Y range seemed to do that.)
yes, that is how it works.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 1.01

from the changelog

New to version 1.01
updated 7/10/05

- overall spawner maxcount is now automatically incremented when any of the entry maxcounts are changed.

- added a new map indicator for the actual spawner location (small blue diamond).

- a new 'Lock' spawner location option has been added to the Map Settings panel that allows spawning regions to be resized or moved independently of the spawner location. Try checking the box and then moving or resizing a selected spawn region.

- fixed a bug with the scrollbar not allowing you to scroll all the way down long spawn entry lists.

- simple renaming of the archives to spawneditor2-vxxx and spawneditor2-support. The support package contains the required libraries and will generally not change with new versions unless otherwise indicated.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Alari said:
That fixed it, the bounds show up right now. =) Thank you very much!

Do [xmlsaveall and the visual spawn editor know how to deal with xml spawners inside containers?

yes, they both know about containers. When you save out a spawner that is in a container, it gets flagged as being in a container. Then when you try to load it back in, it will look for a container at the location that it was saved at. If it finds it, then it puts it inside the container. If it doesnt find the container, then it just ends up on the ground at that location.

The editor will display the spawner at the saved location where the container should be. The spawn region will not show up at that location however, because that is in container coordinates, so it ends up being displayed in the upper left corner of the map.
But when it is saved out, it that is the correct information, so it will load up properly.

Just make sure that you have the InContainer box selected in the Spawn Details, and then optionally the Container X,Y,Z settings in the Advanced Details panel.

(edit)

note, the new Lock feature will allow you to resize the spawning region for those container-held spawners without moving the spawner location.

Alari

Wanderer
Yeah, I downloaded the update. Now that I can actually SEE the details, I see the part where it talks about containers. :>

Good to know I can freely [xmlsaveall and then edit my world.xml with the new spawn editor and [xmlload it. =D

ArteGordon

Wanderer
minor update to 1.01a

- Window size in no-detail view is saved/restored when switching between detail and no-detail views if you happened to resize it.

- Window should no longer try to autoresize with changes in the screen font.