RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SVN Client for Linux Users

PappaSmurf

Knight
Since a few of us are venturing into running RunUO on Linux boxes via Mono the options available for SVN Clients for us is much different. My proffered SVN Client is kdesvn. It works very well, and it can be configured for use on non-KDE desktops. This configuration is what I wish to share with everyone here today. I'm using Linux Mint a Ubuntu based distribution so your mileage may vary depending on what release you use but should be similar.

First open a terminal.
Type in the following command.

sudo apt-get install subversion kdesvn kompare

Next if you are using a gnome desktop you'll have to open your file browser and navigate to /home/[username]/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts If you don't see .gnome2 it then it's probably hidden click view and check "Show Hidden Files".
Create a new file in the nautilus-scripts directory named kdesvn.sh Open the file to edit it and enter the following

#!/bin/sh
kdesvn $1
In the Terminal navigate to the nautilus-scripts folder by entering in

cd ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts
and then enter the following command.

chmod +x kdesvn.sh

This will set up kdesvn for use on Gnome for example. To use it simply rightclick a folder and pick "Open with kdesvn" from the menu. If you are on a KDE Desktop you should be able to simply install it via your systems package manager.

i tryed runnin ubuntu 10.10 works fine for me with the kdesvn an im usin gnome :) just couldnt connect to it as i was laggin like a mofo but it downloaded it no prob to where i wanted it