RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tabula Rasa emulator

Jarrod

Sorceror
The first steps in the creation of a Tabula Rasa emulator have been completed.

Anyone who is interested in assisting can find more information over on http://infiniterasa.com/index.php

I am certain we (our community) can take that emu to the next level as was done with RunUO.

We certainly have a lot of talent in our community but the likelihood of that happening is very slim. This is a large scope project, and the work needed likely is much more than the current demand.

Jarrod

Sorceror
I agree, but there are always a few in the woodwork (like myself)
It had been said in the past that the project was "impossible", but apparently there were some people who did activate their packet sniffers.
The current emulator is capable of allowing a log-in and character creation, movement on the maps, combat, etc.
It is in its baby stages. I will definitely be assisting on this one.

Jeff

Lord
The fact that it is written in C++ will definately not help you gain support here, 99.9% of our user base really only knows C# and even then, they only know it because of RunUO.

Jarrod

Sorceror
I agree, but thats only temporary:

http://code.google.com/p/tabula-rasa-server-emulator/

InfiniteRasa : a Tabula Rasa Server Emulator

Missing RG's Tabula Rasa universe ? Ever dreamt of its rebirth one day ?
Well, that's what we are working on at the moment. The countdown has started !
This server/emulator project will be a basis for re-building the TR universe, with full compatibility with the TR client v1.11. As we don't aim to reproduce the original worlds, we will welcome suggestions and ideas to help us improving this awesome game to its most !
We will be soon looking for motivated C# developers, particularly skilled in Game Servers, Artificial intelligence, Level & Character design, Networking and Web development.
If you have suffered, like us, on the brutal and unjustified extinction of the official game servers, come on board now to help us resurrecting TabulaRasa !
Join us on the forum at http://www.infiniterasa.com
Long live TR !
The development team.

I agree, but there are always a few in the woodwork (like myself)
It had been said in the past that the project was "impossible", but apparently there were some people who did activate their packet sniffers.
The current emulator is capable of allowing a log-in and character creation, movement on the maps, combat, etc.
It is in its baby stages. I will definitely be assisting on this one.

right im not tryign to say that you shouldnt try if its something you want, but do realize that you most likely wont accomplish this on your own, and you will most likely have to depend on the talents of others, and thats not a big audience, then shrink it down even more as far as talented developers in that already small audience

Jarrod

Sorceror
but do realize that you most likely wont accomplish this on your own, and you will most likely have to depend on the talents of others, and thats not a big audience, then shrink it down even more as far as talented developers in that already small audience

Fully aware ;)