RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you RunUO

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to the RunUO team and community for inspiring this old gal. I learned so much, and had alot of fun and help from this community along the way. It always kept me hungry to learn, and know more. For years I kept telling myself, and others that I planned on going back to school for programming.

Well, I am proud to say, at the age of 40 I graduated college, earned my Associates Degree in Web Development with high honors. Who would've guessed I would go from registered nursing to web development? I spoke often about RunUO and the community to my instructors. In fact, my limited knowledge of C# is what got me into JavaScript a semester early; it was "somewhat" similar, but still made me cross-eyed. That is, till the last week of class when our instructor shared the magic of jQuery. *rolls eyes*

I come back to you now, giggling at some of my old posts and questions, and in awe of how patient you were, and how little I really knew. I'm still hungry to learn more, of course; but I am also excited to see all the changes, and to be less annoying too! :D

Again,
Thank You!