RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiles and Textures messed up

Valorian

Wanderer
Hi there,

I have a very strange thing going on. Maybe it is a serverside problem, but it could be something else, so if I am not correct here, then please move the thread :)

When I log in to my account I see this:

For me this looks like something is very weired. I checked that I log in to Felucca, the map size is the old one 6144x768, map is custom, textures are custom, art is custom and everything works perfectly fine in centred. Files go down to 7fff.

RunUOversion (I don't have a plan, but I think it is the latest running on Linux...). Clientversion:
7.0.23.1 (Latest without .uop)
If anyone has an idea, please come up with it :D I am out of ideas at the moment :)

Greetings and thanks!

Attachments

• Messeduptiles.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 40

pooka01

Sorceror
Had similar problem with my files when using incorrect tiledata file, but i'm not an expert and i don't know how i fixed that :/
checked if the tiledata is that same as the one used in centred?

_Epila_

Sorceror
Client 7.0.23 does not support old map versions
Around 7.0.9 MULs had changed to accommodate the galleon tiles. Your map seems to be the old version, so the client will not be capable of reading it

You either use an older client or try updating your maps to a new version

Valorian

Wanderer
So you think I need the version after ml where the map is in the bigger format? This should be no problem, I can create a complete black map and copy my old map.

Thanks I will give it a try.

Valorian

Wanderer
...ok, copying was not the problem, but anyway now I have a problem to get the map to run on centred+... In mulpatcher it looks good, but the centredserver crushes with the new map format...

_Epila_

Sorceror
No I'm not saying that you need a map with bigger dimensions. I'm saying that when client 7.0.9 was released, the MUL format changed a bit. I don't know exactly what but that's why you can't use the 7.0.9 client with older map files or vice versa

They're called pre-HS and post-HS MUL format.

Valorian

Wanderer
But anyway, the client I am using is the sa client, in this case pre HS. The changes came with the .uop format, but this I don't have in the files. Anything works perfectly fine with centred... Any other ideas?
Maybe I have to change something in the runuo scriptfiles.

_Epila_

Sorceror
But anyway, the client I am using is the sa client, in this case pre HS. The changes came with the .uop format, but this I don't have in the files. Anything works perfectly fine with centred... Any other ideas?
Maybe I have to change something in the runuo scriptfiles.

There were more changes than just MUL to UOP

Here is a list of every file format change since Classic UO Pre alpha (Thanks Essence)
-Pre Alpha (MUL / Old Data)
-Shattered Legacy (MUL) (1.23.27 up to 1.26.4j)
-Renaissance (MUL / Verdata) (2.0.0 up to 2.0.9a)
-Third Down (MUL / Verdata) (3.0.0 up to 3.0.7a)
-LBR (MUL / Verdata) (3.0.7b up to 3.0.8r)
-AOS (MUL / Verdata / Def patches) (3.0.8z up to 4.0.4b2)
-SE (MUL / Verdata / Def patches) (4.0.5a up to 4.0.11c)
-ML (MUL / Def Patches / Dif Patches) (4.0.11d up to 6.0.14.2)
-SA (MUL / Def Patches / Dif Patches) (6.0.14.3 up to 7.0.8.2) <<-- Your map file is this version or older
-HS (MUL / Def Patches / Dif Patches / New data) (7.0.8.44 up to 7.0.23.1) <<-- Your client is this version
-HS Update (UOP / Def Patches / Dif Patches / New data) (7.0.23.2 up to now 14/jul/2014)

New data refer to a slight different MUL format to allow the storage of HS galleons art

Centred can read any up to HS but I don't know what version is the output. You need something to update from SA to HS format (try to ask UOFiddler to rewrite the maps)

RunUO has nothing to do with how your client render the world to screen

Valorian

Wanderer
After a long search I found a client that works :D Thanks to all and especially to _Epila_. I am not in programing and was out of everysthing for several years, but here I got help :)

So. Solved and thanks to the community :)