RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for a change?

Do we need new moderators?

• Total voters

Enroq

Sorceror
Anyone who keeps up to date with the RunUO community can tell you it's been in steady decline since about 2010 - and it does not seem like it's going to get any better. Every day I see more posts that disgust me and do nothing more than degrade the integrity of our community as a whole.

As a poly-drug user and generally unstable, bi-polar, and all around non-giver-of-shit, I can tell you that I and everyone else here needs moderating. Our moderators are non-existent and the ones that are, merely use it to serve their own personal agendas.

It is for this reason that I make one final plea to anyone who gives a shit about the future of this community to enlist the help of new moderators that are active every day and are level-headed.

Of the top of my head I nominate the following:

M309, Dian, Milva, Safera, HellRazor, and HammerHand - in no particular order. And trust me when I say this is not out of personal allegiance; most of these people probably hate me.

Again, I implore you, please give us a chance to continue this community in a respectable manner, if you no longer wish to do so.

milva

Sorceror
I agree and not because my name is listed here, but there have been no mods in way to long now :/ but getting in contact with Ryan might be next to impossible.

Dian

Sorceror
Good post man, and honestly I dont hate anyone here.

I have tried quite a few times to reach out to Ryan, and the last response I got was after his mass message about doing a drawing for anyone who registers on SOTA, and giving away a pledge in one of the persons names.. I sent him an email to say something like good job, glad your supporting it, and i joined.. and he said thanks, yadda yadda SOTA.. probly 2-3 months ago.

And for the record, I wouldnt be so hasty to get into arguments with people if I was an actual Mod.. Not being a Mod does have its up side too! But it would be nice to have someone level headed be able to actually enforce some damn manners around here. Daat does when things get real bad, but Im sure he just doesnt have the time to clean house.

(I dont even Phantom!) :D

pooka01

Sorceror
I kind of agree with that, anybody saw the general programming section? xD
Kind of devastated me...

And meh, with the amount of people that post nowaday, i don't think we would need a mass amount of moderators :p

Hammerhand

Knight
I got tired of reporting the adbots in there back in Dec.. they started up Dec 13th & the ones I had reported finally got the boot about a month & 1/2 ago. Last time I looked at the adbot convention there were 4-5 pages worth. I keep finding myself wishing I could do more than just report the blasted things... nuking comes to mind. :D Someone needs to spend the time going through that section & trying to find the original adbot they are all connected to. Feeling helpless is NOT a good sensation for me and being able to report them w/ nothing being done about them just adds TO that sensation. Daat99 generally doesnt have a lot of time to spend on here & I havent seen any other mods in ages & that doesnt help with the general decline of the forums. And Enroq.. no hatred here.. annoyance & irritation sometimes (just kidding). :D I get annoyed & irritated with myself more than I do with anyone else.

m309

Squire
I totally hate your face, Enroq.

And if elected I would never allow anyone to post such hateful things as I just have.