RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time System

Greystar

Wanderer
Morxeton said:
I wish I could change the hue... Weather is handled by the client. The server sends a packet to the client telling it what weather to display on screen if any.

However, I can add lightning and that should be a bunch of fun. :D

Yes you can add lightning and you can add damage for it for both lightning and cold damage... however the lightning only shows in the 2d client unless you know of a work around to make it show in the 3d client :).

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I know the current megaspawner allows for realtime spawns...i have a spawn that only spawns during the darkest hour so...

takes a little manual editing and you will have to change it if you change your time stuff, but it works

The megaspawner is back in the works?

Greystar

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
I know the current megaspawner allows for realtime spawns...i have a spawn that only spawns during the darkest hour so...

takes a little manual editing and you will have to change it if you change your time stuff, but it works

The megaspawner is back in the works?

yes when Morexton first came back he announced it in the MegaSpawner thread.

Seven

Sorceror
I seemed to have gotten it working without editing the clock / spyglass (they were causing errors for me...)

I wanted to say the [time isn't reporting back the correct time. In the system it has it set as
[Hour]: 6
[Minute]: 52

but when you do [time its saying the time is 8:23... WTF? lol :p

James4245

Wanderer
Time System

I was having the same problem with the time not reading what the system had. The system was reading 11:52pm and the in game clock was reading 4:24am.. I finally just removed it from the server. But will be readding it as soon as its fixed hehe

Seven

Sorceror
James,
I figured it out and here is how you fix it:
[TS SET USETIMEZONES false
[TS SET TIMEZONEXDIVISOR <number between 6 and 512>

I ended up having to do
[TS SET TIMEZONEXDIVISOR 512
to get it to use the correct time

Morxeton

Sorceror
Seven said:
I seemed to have gotten it working without editing the clock / spyglass (they were causing errors for me...)

I wanted to say the [time isn't reporting back the correct time. In the system it has it set as
[Hour]: 6
[Minute]: 52

but when you do [time its saying the time is 8:23... WTF? lol :p
UseTimeZones is set to true. Type [BaseTime to see the base time and [Time to see the current time in your time zone. [TS SET UseTimeZones False to disable the feature. :)

Morxeton

Sorceror
Seven said:
James,
I figured it out and here is how you fix it:
[TS SET USETIMEZONES false
[TS SET TIMEZONEXDIVISOR <number between 6 and 512>

I ended up having to do
[TS SET TIMEZONEXDIVISOR 512
to get it to use the correct time
You don't have to set the TimeZoneXDivisor at all. Just set UseTimeZones to false and that'll disable the feature.

If you didn't notice, RunUO distro uses time zones :D

Seven

Sorceror
Morxeton said:
You don't have to set the TimeZoneXDivisor at all. Just set UseTimeZones to false and that'll disable the feature.

If you didn't notice, RunUO distro uses time zones :D

For me I HAD to set it. The time was still off :(

Morxeton

Sorceror
Seven said:
For me I HAD to set it. The time was still off :(
Very odd. I just tested it on v1.1.12, and all I needed to do was set UseTimeZones to false. The currently in development version 1.2.0 also works fine.

I'm not sure why it was incorrectly displaying time on your shard. Compare [Time to [BaseTime and are you using the latest version? Also set your X location to like 5000 to do testing.

TimeZoneXDivisor is just how many X is considered one minute, so setting that value to 512 means that it takes 512 X to add an additional minute from base time which is why I suggest setting your X to a high value and compare time vs base time.

Morxeton

Sorceror
I am rewriting the system from scratch to make optimizations and have cleaner code in place. This will push back the release of the new version which will now be 2.0.0.

Even though the new version will be written from scratch, it will still support loading the older data files. I am also including a feature called "SelfInstaller" where the system will attempt to install itself in the distro files as needed. You will be able to disable this feature if you prefer manual installation (an Install.doc will still be provided). After SelfInstaller runs, it will ask you to reboot your server for changes to take effect.

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
Morxeton said:
I am rewriting the system from scratch to make optimizations and have cleaner code in place. This will push back the release of the new version which will now be 2.0.0.

Even though the new version will be written from scratch, it will still support loading the older data files. I am also including a feature called "SelfInstaller" where the system will attempt to install itself in the distro files as needed. You will be able to disable this feature if you prefer manual installation (a Install.doc will still be provided). After SelfInstaller runs, it will ask you to reboot your server for changes to take effect.

we are on the wait for the changes !!!

:)

Morxeton

Sorceror
Version 2.0.0 is coming along very nicely. I will be pushing back its release to add gumps for customizing the system. The [TS commands will still exist.