RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultima Live - In Game Map Editing Framework

Praxiiz

Sorceror
Thank you for finding and fixing that! I will include your fixes in the next release. I will have to look into the latest client release to see why its failing. I develop on windows x64, so I'm hoping I can avert any issues caused by that architecture.

ben11b

Traveler
If anyone has any success or problems with 0.50 I'd love to hear about it :)

I got this to work once, mostly. On my Win7 ultimate 32bit with 2gb of ram, I got this to work once. I was able to go to a 6th map, and in trammel and felucca it was changing my statics to reflect inconsistencies (was correcting statics, but not the map on a clean 7.0.1.1 install.) However, every other time I've started up Razor, after the welcome screen, and before it loads the client, I get a bsod "page fault in non-paged area". On my virtual XP install, however, instead of a bluescreen, Razor throws an error "Razor.exe - Entry point not found. The procedure entry point GetProcessIdOfThread could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." after which, it loads up the client, but none of the features work.

Praxiiz

Sorceror
It might be the way I'm loading some of the DLL's in the reloader. I'll work on it and see if I can come up with a better way.

alexsperi

Sorceror
Hi, another little issue I found using your great addon :)

I usually forge new custom maps using a mix of centred, UO Landscaper and in-game forging (with stock [freeze/[unfreeze commands). Today, after a long session of Landscaper and CentrED I put .mul files to my runuo server directory and to my client folder (so they are identical). I left your addon enabled in order to make on-the-fly statics tweaks, but when I logged in I had a bad surprise. :( All of the static tiles was displayed with default color and I had also some graphic glitches.

I have attached two screenshot in order to better explain the issue. In the first image you can see one of the buildings screenshotted directly from centred; in the second image you can see the same building taken from the client with you addon enabled.

Do you take into account static tiles hue when you compute the crc? Does your update packet take with it hue information?

I'm doing these questions to you because if I disable your addon (commenting your PlayerMobiles.cs additions) and I repeat the above procedure, all is displayed correctly.

Attachments

• fnd_hue2.jpg
    fnd_hue2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 90
  • fnd_hue.jpg
    fnd_hue.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 89
Praxiiz said:
The problem with hued statics is that map statics don't honor the hue. If they're dynamic statics then the system uses the hue.

I've been researching this issue myself for the interface, when Praxiiz or myself find a solution, we'll post it. As for the floor tiles over lapping the wall tiles, could you tell me what the z is for each, please!

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
That's not the z level messing up. It's layering of the tiles being done wrong, never seen that done with the actual UO client. But I've seen this happen on 3rd party clients. It looks like the tiles were drawn wrong, as there is a specific order it should follow to get the layering done properly. I haven't seen this issue myself, but am having my own issues un-related to most of the ones posted here. Loving the system so far though.

alexsperi

Sorceror
I'm also thinking that's a layering issue, but for the sake of completeness, I can tell you that the floor is at z=5 and so are the walls. :) Oh and the client it's a vanilla one (7.0.1.11) with some custom tiles (not the messed ones as far as I can remember).
Reading the text you quoted from Praxiiz it seems that there is difference from "map statics" and "dynamic statics"... the question of the noob are:
  • where I can get some info about this topic?
  • if these tiles where "map statics" (and so the hues are not honored) why all turn as expected when I disable the addon?

Your wall tile z level should have been 25, check your tiledata to make sure the wall height is 20, in the meantime I'll check the system to see if I can reproduce your problem.

Praxiiz

Sorceror
The z problem might be due how the new system sorts statics on the same tile. I can look into adding an option to turn off the sorting. The hue problem is interesting, I was under the impression that newer clients ignored hues that are stored in the statics files. I will have to do some experiments to verify, but adding hue support won't be hard at all.

Praxiiz

Sorceror
ben11b said:
The procedure entry point GetProcessIdOfThread could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683216%28v=vs.85%29.aspx said:
DWORD WINAPI GetProcessIdOfThread(
__in HANDLE Thread
);

Minimum supported client: Windows Vista
DLL:Kernel32.dll

It looks like windows XP didn't have this method in kernel32.dll. I will have implement a windows xp specific version to fully support windows XP. I've been developing on Windows 7 64 bit. I will have to add some specific tests for windows XP x86.

This looks like a fantastic system, but I'm having a small problem updating Razor and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have the latest version of Razor installed and then I run the setup.bat file (running as Administrator). That bat file seems to work just fine, but when I start Razor I am getting the following error.

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
  at System.Windows.Forms.FormCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
  at UltimaLive.Live.main()
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I am running on Windows 7 64 bit as well. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Praxiiz

Sorceror
For some reason live isn't able to find razor's main form. That's what that message means.
I'll have to put some better logic in for that.

Development has been slow lately because I just bought a house, and I'm still getting settled. I expect development to speed up again soon.

Vorspire

Knight
The z problem might be due how the new system sorts statics on the same tile. I can look into adding an option to turn off the sorting.

The Z problem seems to happen at the worlds lowest point.
You can replicate it by going to Malas at Z -95 (the base of the star field) and placing a wall tile.

I haven't tested your mod yet, don't have it installed so I can confirm this is a client problem. I'm using 7.0.20.0 classic.

ETsCat

Sorceror
Did'nt notice the date so hope this is not another dinosour file, but looks great, maybe can fix all the bad statics in my shard.
Thanks

Praxiiz

Sorceror
I am just now starting to work on this project again. Getting settled into the new house took longer than I expected.

Currently I am putting together a test matrix for various clients and operating systems. My goal is to get all the version 6 and 7 clients working. I'm also rewriting some of the clientalterations.dll to support Windows XP. My goal for operating system support is Windows XP SP3, Vista, and Windows 7 (x64 and x86). Anything more antiquated than Windows XP will not be supported.

It may be a little time consuming to get the operating systems setup, but I plan to use virtual machines installed with every client version 6 to 7.

Witsfool

Wanderer
I hate to sound like a complete dumbass, but I tried to follow the directions to install this, and all I got was a big long string of red error messages when I tried to start my client saying it REALLY didn't like my playermobile.cs file. Is there any way I could get some more explicit instructions on how to install it? Just pretend I don't know anything at all, and I'll pretend you don't know that I don't know anything at all. Heh

Thanks

ETsCat

Sorceror
I have the same problem, Can't find a couple spots to put the adapted info in playermobile.cs, any chance that the file can be setup as a drag-n-drop? I guess I'm just to used to McDonalds.