RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to launch the client specified. (error: unknown_error)

Tigey

Sorceror
I have been away from the UO-scape for a while and after a string of poorly executed games, have decided to return to my beloved UO.

After downloading and installing the latest client from UO.com, I installed Razor, and was greeted with the cliloc error. A short search for the fix, a quick .reg file creation and then I was greeted with the above error.

I get this regardless of the setting in the Load Client drop down. I only use the 2D client, and if I browse to the uo.exe file, I get the same error except it explicitly says the client file location:

Custom: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\UO.exe"

I am attempting to connect to a shard that requires at least 7.0.11.0. I have tried installing earlier clients, but they fail to patch (although they are loaded by Razor just fine). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tigey

Tigey

Sorceror
OK, looks like I am a doofus. I did not pay attention to the size of the installer download. It is only about 20 Mb. So it is really a webloader, not a full installer. I am running the patching process now to actually download the game rather than just the files required to path.

Why couldn't they just let you download the whole thing at one time? <Sigh>

Tigey