RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Framerate

So currently the Framerate in uo is 15fps.
What would have to be done and why has it not yet been done to increase that to 30 or higher?
Just think how amazing UO could be with more then 15fps. *thinks about it*

I did some research and i believe it is tied to first the client and second the server ticks?
Creating the 2d art to fill in the space would not be an issue.

If anyone has the patients and is willing to help me understand the hurdles which must be overcome to achieve higher then 15fps. I would greatly appreciate your input!

Thank you.

could the 15 fps cause that annoying screen flickering glitch?
if yes i wish it was 30.
The screen flicker if you are running windows 7 is most likely related to Aero, try disabling it.
Right click razor/AUO > Properties > Compatibility > Disable Visual Themes & Disable Desktop Composition

pooka01

Sorceror
:O
omg thanks lol, it was making me rageful...

by the way, fps management is not done in the client itself?
and for the 15 fps, delay of 15 fps is the minial time for an animation to finish: poison, heal, cure, etc... Editing this might change the animation speed of effects, and maybe even the animated statics, am i wrong?

I have heard of people increasing the frames to 30 in some way but all the animations took twice as long. I believe they said the culprit was "ticks". This is why i am asking anyone with the proper knowledge and well being to fill me in on why this has not yet been over come?

I of course understand that the potential of editing the client this much requires the server backend to have some modifications done aswell. I shall keep searching for my answer and doing my tests. I hope a UO genius comes forth and fills us in with his prowess.

corytoneill

Sorceror
There was a custom client that was called sallos and was ran on hybird, but the don't have it anymore. It would run above 60 and was really smooth.