RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Screenshot Renderer

Tensor

Wanderer
UO Screenshot Renderer

Hi everybody,

I just released a little tool, that allows rendering your favourite Map Area.. Maybe it is useful for some freeshards.

Some samples are at
http://ultimairis.sourceforge.net/map

cu
Tensor

Blackette

Wanderer
Yeah House, same issue. We don't have patchdata.mul or verdata.mul files.

But I'm aching to get this tool going as it looks hella sweet. 8)

Xandor

Sorceror
Just make a blank text file and name it Verdata.mul and place it in your client mul directory. I have AOS and this allows me to use this utility.

House Maker

Wanderer
Xandor

I do that but then I get a nice error about..
SYS | Loading UO Files....
SYS | Initializing renderer....
Warning (src/loaders/LocalMapPatches.cpp,184): Unknown Header ID in LocalMapPatches::Load(char *)

Blackette

Wanderer
House, give it a few minutes to kick in. It's doing something but doesn't look like it is, then after a while it will start up.

Adding the verdata.mul and worlddif. file as empty files worked for me.

House Maker

Wanderer
Ok got it to go, no prob there, but yes some instructions would be nice.. I am kinda stabbing in the dark on moving the rendering around to get different parts of the map..

First thing - Great Program :D Already figured how I'll use the pics straight away ;)

Second Thing - is it possible to get pictures of lets say brit bank, with the doors etc, WITHOUT patching it to the statics files?

Third Thing - is it possible to get renders of Ilshenar/Malas?

Tensor

Wanderer
Rendering dynamic items is possible for sphere worldfiles until now.. If someone wants to add runuo support, please contact me :)

Ilshenar/Malas is not yet possible, but would not be too difficult to add, if there is any interest...

Tensor

Wanderer
Yes, there is. Just edit the coordinates in config.xml. Maybe from 0/0 to 6143/4095, which means the whole map...

House Maker

Wanderer
Tensor

Man that is going to be so big.. I tried doing one abit smaller then that, and it would not open afterwards.. BUt I will go home tonite and let it run.. :p

House Maker

Wanderer
hmmmm

I wonder if you have to do little by little.. Mabye like this
--0/0-------0/1365--------0/2730-------0/4095
0/1536---1365/1536---2730/1536---4095/1536
0/3072---1365/3072---2730/3072---4095/3072
0/4608---1365/4608---2370/4608---4095/4608
0/6144---1365/6144---2370/6144---4095/6144

I am totaly guessing how this might work, but it might go something like this.. Say you want the middle part of the map, you would put in 1365/3072 2370/4608
Try this out and let me know.. I am at work and unable to try at this time.
I might have the numbers backwards, this needs more testing..