RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UOExtreme Source Code!!!!!!!!!!!!

knowom

Sorceror
UOExtreme4 source code
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1YEgOhikxllTUNsZXAzZ1dvalU/edit?usp=sharing

Now for something funny you can no longer claim incognito to the UOE source code it's public now everyone and their mother knows about it. </thread>

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/reqest-for-razor-source-code.464734/#post-3646340

This thread rocks.

I have never seen the UOE source, in fact to my knowledge the UOE source has never been made public, so I don't know where anyone would get the idea I had any knowledge of it at all.

I don't know who "Mike Smith" is but I bet if he actually had something to say he'd come on here and say it instead of talking through some assclown.

</thread>

knowom

Sorceror
You must not have played live preT2A or really a lot of T2A for that matter. UOExtreme or UOE for short was one of the first 3rd party tools for the game of UO along with UOAssist or UOA for short. They both did similar things UOExtreme just did more things overall and was free it was also more frowned upon by the community that used neither or only used UOA. Now both of those programs were illegal exploit programs back then, but they were both highly used and abused by player community to the point of OSI stealing portions from them to implement into the game arm/disarm, last target, last object, and a handful of other new hot key features all stemmed from the two illegal programs. UOAssist was less frowned upon also in part because they went out of their way to work with OSI in becoming legal to use programs for the game where UOExtreme didn't exactly try.

The best two features of UOExtreme that were never legally implemented features by OSI later on were probably prevent container auto-close and a way to "axe" poof client side only items snooped within a players backpack. The "axe" feature effect didn't destroy the item or anything it just made it invisible on the thieves end thus easier to snoop the players pack for stuff to steal. Now prevent container auto-close made it so if you snooped a players pack you could literally keep that pack open you could literally recall from Vesper to Minoc and back if you wanted to and that pack would remain opened. This is start contrast to how it is on serves now where if you move over 1 tile off the pack automatically closes requiring you snoop it again. That makes it a lot harder to target a specific item within the pack that's probably concealed behind death robes and a mage book in a small pouch within a small pouch within a small pouch when all that shit could have remained open indefinitely back on live with UOExtreme for a thief. So a thief could snoop a players back use bandage on the item in order to last object the item from afar while hidden then come out of hiding use steal skill then hit last object and steal it as he ran past them in a jousting manner past them and timing it to tab hide as the skill reuse timer reset and repeat the process. That sir is much different from the shitty stealing present on UO emulation private servers today which is a vastly fucking inferior piece of shit by contrast.

The scenario I described was so damn good OSI nerfed hiding and archery as a result and they also changed stealing a lot as well requiring the thieves guild as a prerequisite to steal from blues quite gay indeed way to fuck over PK's with stealing which a few those did exist, but was more uncommon since they'd rather more quickly simply outright gank in groups since there was no stat loss. OSI said stealing was too powerful in the patch notes at the time and they were half right it was powerful, but not too powerful it was well balanced murders, thieves, and lawful roles all were much more fairly and evenly balanced rather than the shitty current system on UO where the game completely and utterly favors lawful honorable ass pirates holding hands while they share in giving each other hand jobs and sing campfire songs and help newbies get acquainted and familiarized with the game. So enjoy the current state of UO and the general lack of depth complexity and overall sense of danger it provides.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
well UOE source was released, and not many knew about it hence it was rarely known! the website that hosted UOE www.evileseed.com which is now gone.. but evilseed.com had posted the sources and hook files OCTAPUSSY and other things for uoe. :(

Vorspire

Knight
I think he was referring to OSI/EA stealing the feature implementations from UOE and adding the client-side macro stuff like LastTarget, etc, found in the client macro options.

I could be wrong though, it was hard to fully understand the post.

- I guess you were referring to that old thread he linked? (read it after I replied, lol)